Ni no Kuni 2

rAgHaV

19 hours ago, Heaven Angel said:

What you guys liked the most in this game? I wasn't picking this one up because it seemed childish to me.

But some of you elder guys liked it and this is a good time to get my hands on older games.

What others said + the main reason I played the first game was Studio Ghibli's involvement. They haven't worked on this "in the same capacity" but it still feels like playing through a Ghibli film.

Regarding the game, finished chapter 3 yesterday. It requires you to travel back n forth between Niall's forest and Goldpaw and in other RPGs that would have taken close to an hour going through the repetitive fights, but here all it needs is to select a spot from the map...dont even need to go the nearest "Fast Travel" point.

source.gif 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Bauji said:

What others said + the main reason I played the first game was Studio Ghibli's involvement. They haven't worked on this "in the same capacity" but it still feels like playing through a Ghibli film.

Regarding the game, finished chapter 3 yesterday. It requires you to travel back n forth between Niall's forest and Goldpaw and in other RPGs that would have taken close to an hour going through the repetitive fights, but here all it needs is to select a spot from the map...dont even need to go the nearest "Fast Travel" point.

Okay.. I'll def going to give it a try now. This game has been on my wishlist for so long. I won't find a better time than this.

2 hours ago, Heaven Angel said:

Okay.. I'll def going to give it a try now. This game has been on my wishlist for so long. I won't find a better time than this.

Would also like to mention, I dint like it all earlier. Started it twice. Somehow it clicked on the third attempt. So, would suggest to check few review videos on YT before getting it.

7 hours ago, Bauji said:

Would also like to mention, I dint like it all earlier. Started it twice. Somehow it clicked on the third attempt. So, would suggest to check few review videos on YT before getting it.

I'll do it, also right now the price is high, I'll get it on STEAM sale. 

:arigato:

• 3 weeks later...

As I was expecting, got fully involved with the kingdom building aspect. Took me 6 hrs to finish first 3 chapters, spent almost the same amount in Chapter 4 alone. Over 30 citizens recruited already. Even though most of the side quests are very generic, I just love exploring and living in this world. Reached Hydropolis and its so beautiful!! The music also grows on you. The game had its hooks on me completely and I've entered a phase where I've lost track of time playing this game and then a f**ing Level 12 mandatory skirmish came up.

source.gif

Apart from the 2 mandatory story skirmishes earlier, I've completely ignored this and have just 1 unit which is level 8...all the other units are at level 5/6. Went back and tried a level 7 skirmish and was butchered. This is such a buzzkill, was really looking forward to see this game through till the end. Dont want to leave the game but dont want to spend hours leveling up doing the only activity I hated about this game either. Went back to Hydropolis and while roaming I can see all these "distinguished" NPCs standing there who will most probably give me quests and join Evermore if I could proceed with the story. So sad!! :( 

I feel you, man. Some NPCs also require you to complete skirmishes for them to join your kingdom.

So, although cumbersome, do a few of those until you get a strong enough squad. That will help you play through it easily.

You can see it through. ??

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, playstationdude said:

So everything was going well in the Tale of timeless Tome DLC, when BAM it recommended a level of 120 to proceed further. :eyebrow:

Im at level 68, dont think I want to grind that much.

Are you sure that was not an optional content? Some content is designed for end-game high levels, but you accidentally reach them early. That seems to be the case here, since you were able to finish at 68-70 easily, but reached a spot that recommended 120. Level5 are veteran JRPG designers. I don't think they will make a basic mistake as forcing people to grind too much just to start the next mandatory content.

8 minutes ago, roun90 said:

Are you sure that was not an optional content? Some content is designed for end-game high levels, but you accidentally reach them early. That seems to be the case here, since you were able to finish at 68-70 easily, but reached a spot that recommended 120. Level5 are veteran JRPG designers. I don't think they will make a basic mistake as forcing people to grind too much just to start the next mandatory content.

I've already completed the main game. This is the additional post game DLC story that was released later.

Regardless, level 120 is too much just to access post game new Story content.

12 hours ago, playstationdude said:

I've already completed the main game. This is the additional post game DLC story that was released later.

Regardless, level 120 is too much just to access post game new Story content.

I remember doing level 120 bosses in base game when I was around level 90. Challenging but not impossible. One of my fav games from this gen.

On 12/6/2015 at 1:24 AM, rAgHaV said:

Best news ever. :wOOtjumpy::cry:

Ni no kuni ps3 was hands down the most magical ps3 game I've ever played. Possibly my fav game ever. Can't believe this is is happening :happydance:

Lol. Just realized that this game is already out. :fear:  Do they discount it on PSN?

On 4/23/2020 at 4:59 PM, VelivolusDas said:

You can see it through. ??

And I did :) Haven't paid much attention earlier so went through the tutorial again, picking up units of wrong colour was the main reason for the a*s kicking I was getting. Did skirmish related research and completed few lower level skirmishes. Was able to clear the story skirmish with ease.(Its still my least favorite part of the game though). Also it seems like the story skirmishes are much easier. Compared to this lvl 12 story skirmish, I found the lvl 8 skirmish out in the wild more difficult.

Hydropolis and Abyss complete. Game is getting better and better...off to Broadleaf. 

17 hours ago, Mr.Copyright© said:

Yes during lot of sales. The lowest I have seen is Rs.699 on Indian PSN.

Hey Santa, how are you doing? :) 

Skirmish was easily weak part of the game and kind of pointless. Good thing it doesn't take too much time to get past it really nor you have to do all all unless you want to go for platinum. To gain skirmish experience, just do hardest one available. You will die but get plenty of experience. 

Game is getting better and better...off to Broadleaf. 

Enjoy. Think you still have 30% of the game left. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Bauji said:

And I did :) Haven't paid much attention earlier so went through the tutorial again, picking up units of wrong colour was the main reason for the a*s kicking I was getting. Did skirmish related research and completed few lower level skirmishes. Was able to clear the story skirmish with ease.(Its still my least favorite part of the game though). Also it seems like the story skirmishes are much easier. Compared to this lvl 12 story skirmish, I found the lvl 8 skirmish out in the wild more difficult.

Hydropolis and Abyss complete. Game is getting better and better...off to Broadleaf. 

Hey Santa, how are you doing? :) 

Broadleaf is a little difficult compared to others. But the game really picks up from there.

On 4/28/2020 at 1:22 PM, Joe Cool said:

To gain skirmish experience, just do hardest one available. You will die but get plenty of experience.

Thanks, this tip will be really helpful. No interest in plat.

On 4/26/2020 at 1:09 PM, playstationdude said:

So everything was going well in the Tale of timeless Tome DLC, when BAM it recommended a level of 120 to proceed further. :eyebrow:

Im at level 68, dont think I want to grind that much.

Yea man. Level recommendation in this game is weird. Last quest of Broadleaf chapter..recommended level was 39. I was at 38 so started it...apart from the usual enemies had to face a mini boss of Lvl 48(& that guy was attacking like a maniac) and then game has thrown at me a lvl 51 boss - Bastion...kept poking at him for like 25 mins and was able to defeat him by the skin of my teeth but then...

Spoiler

The f**ker came back with full health and killed me. It was very frustrating to repeat it but the cutscene after that was worth it.

Later took up a side quest of the same level as I was and had to fight a tainted Klogg. F*cker was doing 700-800 damage to me while my dozen or so attacks were reducing him health bar hardly by a milimeter. Makes no sense at all.  :ranting:

Coming to the game, with citizens from Broadleaf, levelled up the Kingdom to level 3. I cant get enough of this kingdom building aspect. Even after putting the controller down I keep on thinking about which citizens to recruit next, whom to shuffle, what research to do or which building to upgrade next whenever I am going to resume playing. So addictive!! Have seem quite a few posts on other forums where people find this aspect of the game very boring and unnecessary...no wonder they dint like the game. Every action of yours in this game is towards building the kingdom.

After many years, back to Ding Dong Dell. :dance:

18 hours ago, Mr.Copyright© said:

Hey bro, I am doing fine. Hope you are doing well too. :cheers:

Yup, all good here too. :)