Horizon Forbidden West

GeraltOfRivia

5 minutes ago, Mysteryman said:

2021 with no month?  That doesn’t sound good for PS5 sales predictions at launch. This game would have broken console sales records. 

Frankly I was expecting in December 2021 anyways. No one counted it to be a launch / launch window game

17 minutes ago, Pacifier said:

Frankly I was expecting in December 2021 anyways. No one counted it to be a launch / launch window game

HZD released back in Feb 2007. 3 years seems be the standard between iterations. And they appear to use a more enhanced version of the same Decima engine if I am not wrong hence no delay due to a new engine like in Halo Infinite

Seems too long since HZD is a campaign only game and not making revenues from MP and micro-transactions unlike GTA online. Rockstar is still cashing on GTAV next gen too. 

Edited by Mysteryman

33 minutes ago, Mysteryman said:

2021 with no month?  That doesn’t sound good for PS5 sales predictions at launch. This game would have broken console sales records. 

It wouldn't have broken any records. Not even close.. 

14 minutes ago, adity said:

Yeah but console base at launch is too low to make money. You can't send out a 100 mil+ game on a console that's just come out. Games especially single player games can't retain their price for very long and it would mean a lot of lost revenue for Sony. 

Hmmm. That makes sense. Both the PS3 and PS4 had a subpar line up of first party games at launch with dependence on third parties cross gen games to increase sales. Sony is doing the same for PS5 too. 

I believe that this game is mostly finished and ready for the launch but postponed to next year once they have reached a certain sale benchmark. Same can be said for RE8 which is already playable from start to finish. 

7 hours ago, adity said:

Yeah but console base at launch is too low to make money. You can't send out a 100 mil+ game on a console that's just come out. Games especially single player games can't retain their price for very long and it would mean a lot of lost revenue for Sony. 

For first party games install base doesn't matter. Their sole job is to push the hardware sales and there's no better time than at launch. If HZD2 was launched with PS5 it could have near 100% attach rate, it will literally make its own install base as it sells (like BotW).

1 hour ago, CarbonCore said:

For first party games install base doesn't matter. Their sole job is to push the hardware sales and there's no better time than at launch. If HZD2 was launched with PS5 it could have near 100% attach rate, it will literally make its own install base as it sells (like BotW).

Doubt HZD2 can push for sales of PS5 though, if it was a SP+MP game like killzone, its a different story, but SP only games have a relatively smaller market.  I think Sony should've had a game like shadowfall and bundle it along-with the console.  Right now, the launch looks like that of PS3, first year would be mostly underwhelming FP titles / cross gen 3P titles, and the best games would come in much later (maybe after 1 - 2 years).

10 hours ago, Mysteryman said:

Hmmm. That makes sense. Both the PS3 and PS4 had a subpar line up of first party games at launch with dependence on third parties cross gen games to increase sales. Sony is doing the same for PS5 too. 

I believe that this game is mostly finished and ready for the launch but postponed to next year once they have reached a certain sale benchmark. Same can be said for RE8 which is already playable from start to finish. 

No lol.

Work still has to be done, else they would have shown some gameplay footage in that trailer itself.

Btw is anyone else curious what the black dude's endgame is with having his own gang of oogah boogahs and domesticated machines?

I always forget his name :lol:

2 hours ago, Ne0 said:

Doubt HZD2 can push for sales of PS5 though, if it was a SP+MP game like killzone, its a different story, but SP only games have a relatively smaller market.  I think Sony should've had a game like shadowfall and bundle it along-with the console.  Right now, the launch looks like that of PS3, first year would be mostly underwhelming FP titles / cross gen 3P titles, and the best games would come in much later (maybe after 1 - 2 years).

Biggest difference is backwards compatibility. PS3 and PS4 launches were barren because of no BC, even xbone didn't have proper BC. But now both consoles will launch with full bc at launch and there will be no shortage of games to play. The real driving factor will be exclusives and Sony doesn't have a big mp focused exclusive anyways, so HZD2 should have pushed the hardware much better. 

19 minutes ago, CarbonCore said:

He is simply known as a concierge of the Continental hotel. People who go looking for his real name usually end up disappearing.

Nice.

9 minutes ago, dylanjosh said:

Lance Reddick! One of the best actors especially when he's in a strict mentor type roll. Loved him in Wire and Fringe. 

He's really best everywhere he shows up. 

11 minutes ago, CarbonCore said:

Robo raptor :blink:

Robot boar :ranting:

In videogame animals boars are the second most annoying next to wolves and dogs.

also lol riding raptor.

They should instead have aloy ride a ravager or something.

33 minutes ago, CarbonCore said:

He is simply known as a concierge of the Continental hotel. People who go looking for his real name usually end up disappearing.

I know i had seen him somewhere :rofl:

13 minutes ago, adity said:

I don't think he even has a endgame. Just bad guy for no reason. Apocalypse nut or some sh*t. 

his whole theme in HZD was "anything-for-knowledge", like he prostituted himself to the HADES AI just so that he would be taught physics, calculus, computer science etc :rofl:

He only turned against it because it put a supari on his black a*s :rofl:

Now he has the big bad AI as his pet so who knows :rofl:

• 2 weeks later...
  • Snake locked this topic
  • Snake unlocked this topic