The Xbox Series X|S thread

31 minutes ago, Ne0 said:

The PS5 And Xbox Series X Are Both Huge For The Same Reason

PlayStation Vice President of UX design Matt Maclaurin commented on some Linkedin posts—as spotted by VG24/7—telling another commentor that “thermals” were the reason for the impressive size.

“This gen is little supercomputers,” he wrote in a now-deleted post. “While the 7nm process delivers amazing heat performance for the power, the power is very extreme.”

It’s not surprising. Microsoft gave a similar explanation for the Xbox Series X design, though it went into a little more detail. In an interview with Eurogamer, Xbox director of Mechanical Engineering Jim Wahl explained the complex airflow considerations that gave the Series X its distinctive shape.

Why are you even bothering ,don't you know you are on PS Ivg?

Frankly why is there even a 3 page debate? Design? PS5 is bigger/XSX Smaller? Who  cares. Is it a handheld or smartphone you guys are buying? Are you going to be carrying it about wherever you go? Showing it off at your friends' house? Once it's fit in the entertainment center, it's done. Within 1 hour of the first game starting all "designs" will be forgotten anyway. Design only matters insofar as - whether it will fit in my entertainment center? How is the cooling and will console run (RROD on 360 due to improper cooling and horrible "Design"). And how is the price going to be affected? That's it. Beyond it - it can be a square box and it will not matter at all.

Edited by roun90

29 minutes ago, roun90 said:

Frankly why is there even a 3 page debate? Design? PS5 is bigger/XSX Smaller? Who  cares. Is it a handheld or smartphone you guys are buying? Are you going to be carrying it about wherever you go? Showing it off at your friends' house? Once it's fit in the entertainment center, it's done. Within 1 hour of the first game starting all "designs" will be forgotten anyway. Design only matters insofar as - whether it will fit in my entertainment center? How is the cooling and will console run (RROD on 360 due to improper cooling and horrible "Design"). And how is the price going to be affected? That's it. Beyond it - it can be a square box and it will not matter at all.

My job actually requires me to carry stuff with me for extended periods of time, so I always take one of the consoles and a laptop. PS5 is going to be pain in the a*s, especially if half of it is just a massive heatsink assembly. Its going to light up on x-ray scanners like a block of Uranium. I can no longer say "saab, its just a DVD player saab".

14 minutes ago, CarbonCore said:

My job actually requires me to carry stuff with me for extended periods of time, so I always take one of the consoles and a laptop. PS5 is going to be pain in the a*s, especially if half of it is just a massive heatsink assembly. Its going to light up on x-ray scanners like a block of Uranium. I can no longer say "saab, its just a DVD player saab".

Saab, it is a high tech Alien DVD player saab :naughty:

22 minutes ago, CarbonCore said:

Just say its a industrial router

"Ok sir please step aside with your luggage and open it up for inspection"

Imagine doing that when it took 30 min and 3 people (2 sitting on top of it while I pull the zip chain around) just to close the lid down :lol: 

:lol:

That happened with my mama and mami (uncle and aunt). We helped them stuff their six bags with 20-25 boxes of mithai (sweets) only to have them take out everything for inspection at the airport. Of course, they couldn't stuff everything back in themselves and ended up giving us some of the mithai.

1 hour ago, CarbonCore said:

the silver lining

Slim will come out in 1.5-2 yrs top.

We aren't anyway going to get it on launch, are we?

8 minutes ago, Ne0 said:

We dont have even have a release date for India yet, going by past trends, most probably it would launch here sometime by end of next year  .... any info on the release date ?

PS4 released in India few months after global launch. PS5 is rumored to launch here simultaneously with the global launch.

4 minutes ago, AnK said:

I hope there is no Mid gen upgrade 

Unlike last few generations I have no intention to buy at launch 

It was kinda ok to buy PS4 at launch & then upgrade 3 years later 

But one would always keep thinking that an upgraded version is coming if you decide to buy 1 or 2 years into launch 

Slim consoles are the norm now, after 2 years. I dont mind a slim release. But upgraded hardware 3 years down would piss me.

6 minutes ago, Sach4life said:

PS4 released in India few months after global launch. PS5 is rumored to launch here simultaneously with the global launch.

Hmmm, in either case, I would most probably wait until end of next year.  For PS5, there're no good launch titles announced yet, for xsx , halo 5 "might" be a luanch title, but not sure.  My guess is that most 3p games launched in the first year will be available on PS4 too.  

33 minutes ago, Ne0 said:

We dont have even have a release date for India yet, going by past trends, most probably it would launch here sometime by end of next year  .... any info on the release date ?

MS is trying to do a global launch this time around. So, hopefully, Day 1 for India or if you take into account any issues involved with import maybe add a couple of months or a quarter to that.

49 minutes ago, Ne0 said:

Hmmm, in either case, I would most probably wait until end of next year.  For PS5, there're no good launch titles announced yet, for xsx , halo 5 "might" be a luanch title, but not sure.  My guess is that most 3p games launched in the first year will be available on PS4 too.  

We just know about Spider-man expansion being a launch title. I can GT7 being a launch title as well. Lets see what else is there. 

Nothing more expecting from this console in terms of my liking of exclusives apart from Regular Halo/Gears/Forza but if 4K 120 Hz, HDMI 2.1, VRR, G sync, Free Sync, eARC, IMAX support then I will be happy to get it. Games will be always there but these things matter to me the most.

1 hour ago, Sach4life said:

We just know about Spider-man expansion being a launch title. I can GT7 being a launch title as well. Lets see what else is there. 

Well, cyberpunk 2077. 
with the gameplay that was shown, the details and lighting , i dont think its possible on current gen. It will be downgraded for the current gen consoles. It will be totally worth getting the ps5 at launch for this game. This will easily last 1-2 months until then there will be more next gen games out.

now i just hope cyberpunk is a launch title and they dont delay it for next gen consoles

4 hours ago, Ne0 said:

There is no way SX is launching without Halo Infinite.