The Automobile Thread

Chaztin

4 minutes ago, playstationdude said:

Stock ones only I'm thinking. The baleno zeta came with a decent infotainment system, just that the sound is very flat. So I guess a subwoofer and amp should solve it?

Not exactly the stock speakers are bad, and generally Co axial, best is to first upgrade speakers to components and then add a subwoofer, subwoofer would do nothing about vocal clarity but add thump in the car. 

Just now, AtheK said:

Not exactly the stock speakers are bad, and generally Co axial, best is to first upgrade speakers to components and then add a subwoofer, subwoofer would do nothing about vocal clarity but add thump in the car. 

Vocal clarity was good in the stock ones, but the bass was ridiculously flat, like using bass on a mobile phone speaker.

What do you think I should add first, keeping the stock ones in place? 

Vocal clarity was good in the stock ones, but the bass was ridiculously flat, like using bass on a mobile phone speaker.

What do you think I should add first, keeping the stock ones in place? 
If I was you, I will start with changing internal speakers I will atleast add components in front, get good ones they add quite a bit of bass too. Along with it go for subwoofer + amp. 4 channel Amp will be able to drive two front speakers and subwoofer, you can leave the rear as coaxial connected directly to the stock HU.

Sent from my HD1911 using Tapatalk

6 minutes ago, AtheK said:

If I was you, I will start with changing internal speakers I will atleast add components in front, get good ones they add quite a bit of bass too. Along with it go for subwoofer + amp. 4 channel Amp will be able to drive two front speakers and subwoofer, you can leave the rear as coaxial connected directly to the stock HU.

Honestly speaking  I dont even know what speaker setup came with the 2020 baleno facelift zeta. All I know is it has a 4 speaker+ 2 tweeter config, cant for the life of me find out if there are any coaxial /components among those 4 :fear:

Any ideas? Also I dont want to spend too much money also on the setup, not looking for boom booming through the road, just need decent bass quality that I can enjoy within my closed windows.

Edited by playstationdude

Honestly speaking  I dont even know what speaker setup came with the 2020 baleno facelift zeta. All I know is it has a 4 speaker+ 2 tweeter config, cant for the life of me find out if there are any coaxial /components among those 4 :fear:

Any ideas? Also I dont want to spend too much money also on the setup, not looking for boom booming through the road, just need decent headphone level basd quality that I can enjoy within my closed windows.
Generally cars come with Co axial speakers, but if you are happy with vocals, then just get subwoofer and amp, get a 4 ch amp if you want to upgrade internal speakers later, if just subwoofer upgrade, mono block should suffice.

• Like 1

Just now, AtheK said:

Generally cars come with Co axial speakers, but if you are happy with vocals, then just get subwoofer and amp, get a 4 ch amp if you want to upgrade internal speakers later, if just subwoofer upgrade, mono block should suffice.

Thanks. Will ask the dealer for the complete list of stuff he has and share here. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/26/2020 at 2:01 PM, AtheK said:

So I went to nexa today to get the reverse camera and hertz active subwoofer. Accessories manager quoted 5k for camera and 17500 for the sub( built in amp). Was asking the dude for a discount but he wasnt even ready to entertain properly let alone talk discount. I Got kinda pissed and decided to postpone. Have asked my RM to let me know the best price, lets see if he responds.

I would have purchased at full price too but the fact that he wasnt even interested in entertaining kinda pissed me off. Its not like im buying a 1000rs accessory, its like spending 22k. Thinking of paying a visit to a different nexa dealer this weekend to check prices.

• 2 months later...
6 hours ago, Bhpian Bali said:

Seltos rocks. I have HTK+ Petrol Manual. Feel great driving the car. Creta looks like it will vomit at any moment. Ñ

Agreed. Took a test drive of the car and loved it. Htk+ is a great, vfm variant. Excellent choice. Black is the only colour in which i feel Creta looks good

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Sach4life said:

Agreed. Took a test drive of the car and loved it. Htk+ is a great, vfm variant. Excellent choice. Black is the only colour in which i feel Creta looks good

I was gonna type the same thing. Only black looks acceptable on creta. Whereas black seltos looks even more dashing. Those ice cube lights paired with black color are OMG.

• 2 weeks later...

Can we install Batteries from outside apart from service center for Cars? Any issues with warranty?

For my GTTSi VW showroom is quoting me 6.5k for new battery and replacement and only two years warranty. Seems to be a rip off.

So want to get it done from go mechanic or other sources where they also offer 50months warranty at lesser price.

8 minutes ago, Pacifier said:

Can we install Batteries from outside apart from service center for Cars? Any issues with warranty?

For my GTTSi VW showroom is quoting me 6.5k for new battery and replacement and only two years warranty. Seems to be a rip off.

So want to get it done from go mechanic or other sources where they also offer 50months warranty at lesser price.

i have installed battery from outside for my  Vento TSI.

Edited by AtheK

16 hours ago, Bhpian Bali said:

Bro. Always get the battery changed from outside. Especially from a car battery dealer.

Yeah i generally do but with this Automatic, its a first for me and the service center guy confused me that they need to perform "software update" after connecting the battery. 

@AtheK Did you had to get some software update done as part of replacement procedure for your TSI?  

1 hour ago, Pacifier said:

Yeah i generally do but with this Automatic, its a first for me and the service center guy confused me that they need to perform "software update" after connecting the battery. 

@AtheK Did you had to get some software update done as part of replacement procedure for your TSI?  

Nothing mate, I have changed so many things on my VW, hell it's running on a remap. Don't worry, just get it changed outside. 

• Thanks 1