The Playstation 5 thread

2 hours ago, kittoo said:

Just due to the backlog of PS4 I have. I sold my PS4 sometime back and there would be a few PS4 games I would want to play on PS5 day one, such as TLOU2 and Ghost of Tsushima. I know the day one lineup of PS5 itself is not that exciting. If Ratchet launches, I will get that day one and maybe Spiderman but thats about it.

But I sold my PS4 already :(

Sony has said that most of the games should be ready to play day one. So hopefully big ones like TLOU2 and GoT should be ready. Fingers crossed.

Yeah the difference wont be that big though, agreed.

Theres also Demons Souls and GT7(if you like racing sims, it's not for everyone, and definetly not ez to get into )

1 hour ago, PhantomShade said:

Theres also Demons Souls and GT7(if you like racing sims, it's not for everyone, and definetly not ez to get into )

Oh I will be there day 0 for Demon's souls. I have played all the Soulseborne/Sekiro games and loved all of them except Sekiro (seems parrying just isnt for me and the game kept forcing me to do that. It became a chore rather than something to become good at slowly by practice. Exploration was also an issue as usually it funneled me in one particular direction while other Soulsborne games allow you to go to other areas if you find one difficult. And the absolute biggest issue I had with it was that it had practically no leveling either in weapons or character to speak about. Really limiting). But I dont think Demons Souls is a launch game, or even launch window.

5 hours ago, AtheK said:

i will be extremely skeptical, maybe spiderman but others might take few months, though ND does have time to be ready with TLOU2. My suggestion play them on PS4 and have fun now, play them again on PS5 when you get time, believe me the difference wont be day and night but more like 8 to 9

I think PS5 is a must buy within launch window, if you are a non PC gamer and you want a proper cyberpunk 2077 experience. lol. I expect the ps4 port to be like Witcher 3 switch port after last weeks reveal.

Edited by kmkaks

Just now, kmkaks said:

I think PS5 is a must buy within launch window, if you are a non PC gamer and you want a proper cyberpunk 2077 experience. lol. I expect the ps4 port to be like Witcher 3 switch port after last weeks reveal.

Ya, but just not necessarily on day one, I remember how I overpaid for ps4 on launch and had literally nothing to. Play. 

Just now, AtheK said:

Ya, but just not necessarily on day one, I remember how I overpaid for ps4 on launch and had literally nothing to. Play. 

I also read that ps4’s launch window was especially dry because of the delay in devkit handout(final version with 8gb ddr5 was handed out less than a year before launch).

Whereas PS5’s devkit was already out 20 months in advance. So, we might get an improved launch window.

3 minutes ago, kmkaks said:

I also read that ps4’s launch window was especially dry because of the delay in devkit handout(final version with 8gb ddr5 was handed out less than a year before launch).

Whereas PS5’s devkit was already out 20 months in advance. So, we might get an improved launch window.

Yes, but nothing too exciting is up anyway, I will wait to source it from outside for cheaper price point this time. 

23 minutes ago, AtheK said:

I brought it like in December 2014 with GTAV bundled, then played infamous and bloodborne, tried to play destiny with the IVG guys and then switched to my gaming PC, playing all fancy multiplats.

It was collecting dust till 2016 or so when they started dropping UC4, R&C, Horizon etc.

I'm only buying PS5 now after 3 years from launch, when they have all the good exclusives out and cross-gen games are extinct.

felt very bad when my PS4 used to get around ~2 years of dry spells where no gaems were out(or were too expensive) so it collected dust.

If you've money to spare, getting the xsx at launch and then getting a pro ps5 sometime in the middle of the cycle (when it would've the most FP games), is the best way to get the best of both the worlds :D

PS: The combined price of both would still be lesser than a 4k/60FPS supporting gaming PC I guess :P

Edited by Ne0

1 hour ago, PhantomShade said:

I brought it like in December 2014 with GTAV bundled, 

50 minutes ago, dylanjosh said:

Well now play it on PS5 too :lol:

> Preordered GTA V for PS3 (2.4k with free tshirt :punk:)

> Bought GTA V bundle PS4.

> Bought GTA V digital edition PS4 Pro

... well you can guess where this is going 

:rofl:

52 minutes ago, hazard12345 said:

lou 2, cyberpunk, watch dogs legion, ghost of tsushima, dying light 2 is decent start if companies port it properly.

IF a big IF, and pretty ice buy a new console to paly old remasterted game, thanks but no thanks.

44 minutes ago, Ne0 said:

If you've money to spare, getting the xsx at launch and then getting a pro ps5 sometime in the middle of the cycle (when it would've the most FP games), is the best way to get the best of both the worlds :D

PS: The combined price of both would still be lesser than a 4k/60FPS supporting gaming PC I guess :P

Actually makes sense, play games for 1$, but PSfanboys don't want 1$ games :P

14 minutes ago, triggr happy ss said:

Have you not played resogun :P

Lol, No.

Edited by AtheK

35 minutes ago, quixote_1989 said:

> Preordered GTA V for PS3 (2.4k with free tshirt :punk:)

> Bought GTA V bundle PS4.

> Bought GTA V digital edition PS4 Pro

... well you can guess where this is going 

:rofl:

I just got it with PS4 and have it on PC thanks to the Daan-Veer philanthrophists at Epic Games :rofl:

22 minutes ago, AtheK said:

IF a big IF, and pretty ice buy a new console to paly old remasterted game, thanks but no thanks.

Actually makes sense, play games for 1$, but PSfanboys don't want 1$ games :P

Lol, No.

Soon once they run out of that infinite $$$, they will be giving out literal $1 games with GP, like it was in 2014-2015 PS plus for ps4 :rofl:

42 minutes ago, PhantomShade said:

Soon once they run out of that infinite $$$, they will be giving out literal $1 games with GP, like it was in 2014-2015 PS plus for ps4 :rofl:

Not my dad company or a company I have invested shares in, that I care, I am good for next two years, and even if it has to stop tomorrow I have saved enough $$$$$

Edited by AtheK

12 hours ago, AtheK said:

Not my dad company or a company I have invested shares in, that I care, I am good for next two years, and even if it has to stop tomorrow I have saved enough $$$$$

Its highly unlikely MS will go bust because of GP or Xbox, but if in general MS goes down the affects will be felt by every IT employee. So you will care then :P