Jump to content
slackerninja

The PS4 & Xbox One Thread - Part 2

Recommended Posts

18 minutes ago, slackerninja said:

FTFY.

 

Graphics and voice acting mean nothing when the gameplay puts you to sleep.

RDR 2 honestly works better if you think of it as an extravagant walking simulator like Edith finch or something. I love RDR 2 for the same reason I love yakuza 0. Best in class story and characters. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, adity said:

RDR 2 honestly works better if you think of it as an extravagant walking simulator like Edith finch or something. I love RDR 2 for the same reason I love yakuza 0. Best in class story and characters. 

 

:blink:

 

Yakuza has fantastic gameplay where it doesn't jerk itself into uber realism and doesn't forget that its a videogame first.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, CarbonCore said:

 

:blink:

 

Yakuza has fantastic gameplay where it doesn't jerk itself into uber realism and doesn't forget that its a videogame first.

I wouldn't go so far as to call it fantastic. Imo yakuza 0's gameplay is fairly average. I guess I really value story and atmosphere. I do agree RDR 2's gunplay is a bit of a drag. But I'm willing to put up with it since the rest of it is pretty much perfect. 

Ultimately it's just personal preferences and RDR 2 is one of the best for me.

Yakuza 0 isn't in the competition. It was made by God himself. It transcends all forms of art and humanity itself. If yakuza 0 was a person, he would be the president of the visible universe. 

Edited by adity

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, CarbonCore said:

 

:blink:

 

Yakuza has fantastic gameplay where it doesn't jerk itself into uber realism and doesn't forget that its a videogame first.

Clearly a lot of people have a fetish for horse balls. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think GOW deserves all those awards, but RDR2 was pretty much the best gaming experience of the last few years for me.

 

It's a tough game to review and score I guess. There are things that are objectively bad about the game, but there are other things it does that no game comes close to matching. GOW is the more polished game overall and does almost everything quite well. But it doesn't come close to matching the highs of RDR2 for me.

 

43 minutes ago, slackerninja said:

Clearly a lot of people have a fetish for horse balls. 

 

Also, don't be that guy who shits on other people's opinions because they don't match yours. Nobody likes that guy.

Edited by Gautam
  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, GunnerY2J said:

I didn't enjoy most part of the new god of war.

Just loved the Valkyrie fights,baldur boss fight and when u get the chains and a small part of the end game when traps sections came back.

Other than it didn't excite me at all.


Sent from my Redmi 3S using Tapatalk
 

Same here. Enjoyed GoW3 more than GoW 2018.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Gautam said:

I think GOW deserves all those awards, but RDR2 was pretty much the best gaming experience of the last few years for me.

 

It's a tough game to review and score I guess. There are things that are objectively bad about the game, but there are other things it does that no game comes close to matching. GOW is the more polished game overall and does almost everything quite well. But it doesn't come close to matching the highs of RDR2 for me.

 

 

 

I agree.

 

There's not a game out there which can match  RDR2 production quality.  Open world game with this level of detail is just crazy and on top of that you have some of the best story telling and acting we have seen any medium let alone video games. 

 

 I was not enjoying gameplay first but now after getting good weapons,cash and Elite horse, I'm having lot of fun.

 

 

That's said its definitely a polarizing game and not for everyone. But you have to insane person to call it bad nd all.. 

 

 

Games also makes me feel good about purchasing Xbox one X :p.

 

 

 

 

Edited by WhiteWolf

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, WhiteWolf said:

 

 

 I was not enjoying gameplay first but now after getting good weapons,cash and Elite horse, I'm having lot of fun.

 

 

 

 

 

Yeah that's the problem, it's one of those 'wait till it gets good' games.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, slackerninja said:

Yeah that's the problem, it's one of those 'wait till it gets good' games.

Edit : wtf my re-edit didn't go through

I actually loved rdr 2 right from the starting cutscene till the end ....maybe it got a bit dull in between but overall it was a really good game

 

but for me though gow was the goty over rdr 2 

Edited by kold_war
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't mind GOW winning goty, its worthy contender .My problem RDR2 not even getting best graphics nd voice acting award. RDR2 hands down best looking game on consoles plus it's open world. Linear games can look good as they have more headroom to work with but non linear open world game with dynamic weather n day night cycle to look this amazing is crazy. 

 

Arthur Morgan character really is something. What a performance wow just wow

Edited by WhiteWolf
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, WhiteWolf said:

Arthur Morgan character really is something. What a performance wow just wow

+1. One of the best "I've" seen in games.

Been a great year for me in this regard, first Majima in Yakuza 0, then Kratos and now the king...Arthur.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/15/2019 at 8:24 PM, adity said:

I wouldn't go so far as to call it fantastic. Imo yakuza 0's gameplay is fairly average. I guess I really value story and atmosphere. I do agree RDR 2's gunplay is a bit of a drag. But I'm willing to put up with it since the rest of it is pretty much perfect. 

Ultimately it's just personal preferences and RDR 2 is one of the best for me.

Yakuza 0 isn't in the competition. It was made by God himself. It transcends all forms of art and humanity itself. If yakuza 0 was a person, he would be the president of the visible universe

 

Ah, get a room you two :lol:

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×