slackerninja

The PS4 & Xbox One Thread - Part 2

Generation Zero is also releasing next month. It's developed and published by Avalanche Studios. Dunno why it's getting unnoticed. 

Maybe because Just Cause 4 was the most horrible & boring game of the series by far and no one cares about their new game anymore.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6000 using Tapatalk

18 hours ago, Heaven Angel said:

Generation Zero is also releasing next month. It's developed and published by Avalanche Studios. Dunno why it's getting unnoticed. 

It's because there is no marketing and the open beta failed to receive any reception. 

The open world looks bland and we also don't know much about the game. Hopefully more details in coming weeks. 

5 hours ago, hope said:

What is this? Play Xbox games on pc? How? 

When you extract the installer from the Store after downloading, you will discover that it is using the .xvc file format. While that may not sound familiar, Microsoft introduced this format around 2013 specifically for Xbox One games. Further, you can now install this file format using PowerShell in 19H1; I never thought I would write the words “PowerShell can now install Xbox One games” but here we are.

There is also a new Gaming Service app, Microsoft.GamingServices app, that installs two drivers; xvdd.sys = XVD Disk Driver (Microsoft Gaming Filesystem Driver) gameflt.sys = Gaming Filter (Microsoft Gaming Install Filter Driver). As WalkingCat notes, xsapi.dll = Durango Storage API, XCrdApi.dll = Durango XCRDAPI, both of these references can be found in the files: Durango was the codename for Xbox One.

On the surface, what it looks like Microsoft is doing is collapsing any differences between PC and Xbox gaming to make it the same experience on both devices. The company is in the process of making the delivery mechanisms based on the Xbox infrastructure, appears to be making it possible to run Xbox games on the PC, and replacing the existing Store PC games infrastructure on that of what Xbox has built.

And this isn’t some half baked port to the Windows ecosystem either. Much like the Xbox does, this updated mechanism supports delivery optimization too.

Hopefully, more at E3 and native support will be great. 

Edited by Joe Cool

Rumour mill but it's Ubisoft: 

- No new AC game in 2019. This year is Watch_Dogs 3. 1F7jYJq.png
- Watch_Dogs 3 will be set in London
- Focus more on smaller firearms and knives for combat with a larger emphasis on hacking
- New Character. Can choose male or female (like Far Cry 5), but the same story. 

- Next Assassins Creed is codenamed Legion in 2020 on current and next-gen
- Set in Italy at the end of the reign of Marcus Aurelius (the guy from Gladiator) and during the struggles of his son Commodus and the year of 5 emperors
- Play as Cassius or Lucia, a descendant of characters from Origins and Odyssey
- Unclear which is canon, but like odyssey features choices and heavy RPG elements and same story for both characters. 
- Made by Sofia to tie up some loose ends for the “Ancient Trilogy” and currently is more first civ intensive than other game.
- The main story is more involved in assassins and politics with first civ and flashbacks to other points in Rome history being secondary. Ubi wants to make it feel more like assassins creed while feeling like Odyssey to make old and new fans happy
- The map is mainland Italy and a small part of Gaul and Germania like Libya in Origins
- Revised mercenary and cultist system. Big cultists and main story assassinations have those memory things

1 minute ago, Heaven Angel said:

But my wallet is not ready for MS store.

Talking about it, have they improved at all since? 

No. Most recent Crackdown 3 - still had the downloading issue. 

1 hour ago, Snake said:

Bring the MCC to the PC, MS, my wallet is really.

Should come with new Halo announced for PC. 

6 hours ago, ayush12ice said:

Back In Italy! ❤️❤️ 

Hopefully more AC style and less pseudo-RPG stuff. 

4 minutes ago, Joe Cool said:

No. Most recent Crackdown 3 - still had the downloading issue. 

Microsoft build a dominating OS for PC and yet they can't figure out how to create a proper digital store. dafuk 

11 minutes ago, Joe Cool said:

Hopefully more AC style and less pseudo-RPG stuff. 

Ubisoft is trying hard to become new gen Bethesda. 

;) 

Quick question for the people using Xbox store for game purchases. Can I use my Indian debit card to make a purchase directly from their US store? or is it like PSN and it will not accept any card that isn't in US?

I'm asking mainly because Assassin's Creed Odyssey Gold Edition is on sale for like $33 on US store and the Indian store has the price at 3.9K (plus GST I assume) which is f*cking atrocious. 

1 minute ago, Ethan_Hunt said:

Quick question for the people using Xbox store for game purchases. Can I use my Indian debit card to make a purchase directly from their US store? or is it like PSN and it will not accept any card that isn't in US?

I'm asking mainly because Assassin's Creed Odyssey Gold Edition is on sale for like $33 on US store and the Indian store has the price at 3.9K (plus GST I assume) which is f*cking atrocious. 

Yes you can. I have done the same and as long the card has international transaction enabled, you surely can

1 minute ago, santanu18 said:

Yes you can. I have done the same and as long the card has international transaction enabled, you surely can

It used to accept them but then it suddenly stopped for me few months back. There was a big discussion about it here back then.

2 hours ago, CarbonCore said:

It used to accept them but then it suddenly stopped for me few months back. There was a big discussion about it here back then.

Would it make direct Dollar or INR conversion per the day's FX rate?

What address did you use while adding the card?

29 minutes ago, Ethan_Hunt said:

Would it make direct Dollar or INR conversion per the day's FX rate?

What address did you use while adding the card?

There are bank fees normally so it's normally fx rate + bank's spread. I haven't used xbox but the address you use typically has to be the exact same as your bank statement otherwise it doesn't work.