slackerninja

The PS4 & Xbox One Thread - Part 2

14 hours ago, eddy4823 said:

Finally something good this month as far as PS+ Games are concerned.

Definitely try The Witness if you like puzzles. It's 100% puzzles. Put on some soothing music (since the game OST ain't good) and have a pen & paper next to you. 

Some of the puzzles are mind-blowing and leaves you in a confused state. Forget the story as it was pretentious but the puzzles are very nicely done. 

If I remember correctly, there is also FPS mode, which is much better than 4K30FPS mode as it didn't feel nauseous. 

Think I spent 60-75 hours solving all puzzles. There is also Challenge room which is always randomly generated. 

Edited by Joe Cool
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Joe Cool said:

Definitely try The Witness if you like puzzles. It's 100% puzzles. Put on some soothing music (since the game OST ain't good) and have a pen & paper next to you. 

I thought I was the only one who needed pen and paper for this game.

53 minutes ago, Joe Cool said:

Some of the puzzles are mind-blowing and leaves you in a confused state. Forget the story as it was pretentious but the puzzles are very nicely done. 

If I remember correctly, there is also FPS mode, which is much better than 4K30FPS mode as it didn't feel nauseous. 

Think I spent 60-75 hours solving all puzzles. There is also Challenge room which is always randomly generated. 

Witness was already on my wishlist(but not on the top) so I'll definitely try it as it's free. CoD MW Remastered should be fun as well. It was one of the 1st game which I played when I got my 1st gaming PC.

Beyond the console: Xbox leaders detail Microsoft’s gaming future, led by xCloud streaming service

• Microsoft aims to let people play its games not just on Xbox devices and Windows PCs, but also smartphones and tablets, and eventually, rival consoles... Microsoft laid out this strategy on a tour of its gaming facilities at its Redmond, Wash., home base this week. Executives steadily repeated a key number: 2 billion.
  • The shift in the gaming teams’ focus fits with Microsoft’s overall evolution. Under CEO Satya Nadella, Microsoft wants to bring its services and apps to as many people as possible, regardless of what devices they use. In some cases, this means working with competitors that make devices rivaling some of Microsoft’s own gadgets... "We want to bring Game Pass to any device that somebody wants to play on,” Spencer said. “Not just because it’s our business, but really because the business model allows for people to consume and find games that they wouldn’t have played in any other space.”
  • Executives brushed off concerns that its emphasis on bringing content to more devices would cannibalize console sales and hurt the company’s financial results. “That is not where you make money,” Spencer said of consoles. “The business inside of games is really selling games, and selling access to games and content in means like that is the fundamental business. So if you open it up, the more often people can play, the more they’re enjoying the art form. It increases the size of the business.”

Rumour: Forza Street

0GmBacX.jpg 

Developed in partnership with UK-based studio, Electric Square, Forza Street is built from the ground up to support a wide range of Windows 10, iOS, and Android devices.

The studio previously partnered with Microsoft Studios in 2018 on Miami Street, delivering a casual "pick-up-and-play" Windows 10 racer. Given its previous portfolio under Microsoft, this could serve as a slate for the Forza-branded mobile title. As noted by GTPlanet, Dan Greenawalt, Forza franchise director, is slated to make his "Forza Monthly" debut in March, potentially tied to this title.