Dragon Ball Fighters

Shadoken

Apparently the DragonBall Xenoverse games were not available on steam for PC but could be acquired thru third party sources. Finally with Dragon Ball FighterZ the franchise has finally made itself to the Indian Steam Store for PC. Here is the link

http://store.steampowered.com/app/678950/DRAGON_BALL_FighterZ/

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

This turned out great. 70TAeL8.png

THE GOOD

•  Fast-paced battles that are constantly exciting
  •  Numerous mechanics and simple inputs allow for equal depth and accessibility
  •  Superb animations almost perfectly match the look of the anime
  •  Story mode breathes new life into old characters with authenticity
  •  Dramatic Finishes are a surprising and creative touch that accentuate the game's epic atmosphere
  •  Inclusion of both Japanese and English VO caters to all walks of DBZ fandom

THE BAD

•  Pieces of story mode feel relatively unrefined compared to the rest of the game
  •  Overworld and loot boxes feel like afterthoughts

How am I supposed to get this game in India? It's not available on PSN and FK. It's up on Amazon.in but that price tag gave me a headache, probably due to import tax. Did the game not launch in here?

6 hours ago, Aloy said:

How am I supposed to get this game in India? It's not available on PSN and FK. It's up on Amazon.in but that price tag gave me a headache, probably due to import tax. Did the game not launch in here?

It did. I know GTS had a pre-order too. Not sure if they still have it in stock, though.

14 hours ago, VelivolusDas said:

It did. I know GTS had a pre-order too. Not sure if they still have it in stock, though.

Oh It's indeed available on GTS but what's with the price (4.3)? That seems unusually high or do newer AAA games really cost this much nowadays?

The price was 3999 first and then they raised it to 4299. Try some ebay coupon. Also as for AAA pricing here, usually 3499 last year. This year stuff is going up a bit. Capcom games are already 3999. Bethesda as well. Looks like the bandai namco games will be 3999/4299 here going forward. 

It is absolutely worth it though. Arc System Works finally getting the recognition they deserve and sales numbers.

Keep in mind that you wont be able to buy DLC on India PSN for this game. The retail copies here are R3 (PSN account from Singapore/HK/etc) so you will need that stuff for DLC if you do want to buy DLC. 

5 hours ago, slackerninja said:

Bandai Namco confirm that they don't have distribution rights for the game in India.

https://gadgets.ndtv.com/games/news/dragon-ball-fighterz-india-steam-psn-xbl-cannot-buy-1809245

Really. They need to buy rights in each country to sell in PSN? I thought it only happens to physical games. 

Has the Dragon Ball Z anime completely finished airing in India yet (upto the end of Kid Buu Arc)? I get the feeling that whoever has the rights to the anime here will only allow the games to come after the anime has finished. And since we know how lazy whoever has the rights to the anime here are, we might not see the games at all. Hopefully, these guys do not get the rights to air Super as well, or we might permanently say goodbye to any hopes of a game release.

TL;DR World over people have finished DBZ 20 years ago and are now in Super. We are still stuck in Z, and maybe games are held hostage here due to this as well.

Nobody watches anime in Indian TV. Lots of censorship and limited offerings. Same can apply to Hollywood movies and TV shows. 

I’m sure that most anime fans watch them on streaming sites like kissanime.ru. 

As as for the games, import them or find  a friend/relative to get them. 

Archived