Assassin's Creed: Origins

Big Boss

1 hour ago, adity said:

I'm talking about exclusives. Few people have switch as their primary console. So it hardly matters if they poor man version of games we already own. 

3rd party games matter for a console like switch. I played skyrim again on switch and it was a great experience to play it on a handheld.

22 minutes ago, adity said:

Third party games matter but not watered versions of home console games. 

Ace Attorney, Professor Layton, Rune factory and other unique games like 3ds. 

At least that's the case for me. I'm waiting until switch gets a library at least half as good as 3ds. I'll buy it in a heartbeat then. 

I just gave you the example of a multi plat game being awesome on switch because it is a handheld and it is cool to play it on them. Doom is another example. 

Edited by Sach4life

2 hours ago, adity said:

I'm talking about exclusives. Few people have switch as their primary console. So it hardly matters if they poor man version of games we already own. 

As for your argument overall, the Switch is not a device that is geared towards having the best console exclusives. It is not PS4 vs. Xbox vs. Switch. The Switch is meant to provide an alternative portable version experience! That's why it's called the Switch. Nintendo is not gunning for console exclusive titles. 

Having said that, they released 2 GOTY contenders of which 1 won the GOTY last year across the board beating out games like Horizon Zero Dawn!

Apart from this, they're constantly releasing good games like Smash Ultimate etc. 3rd party games are not 'watered' down versions as much as they are 'portable' versions. In fact, for running a measly Tegra, it is quite impressive what they're able to achieve. Have you seen Doom run on the Switch? You cannot call it "watered down' from any stretch of the imagination.

13 hours ago, adity said:

Look up what "watered down" means on Google then look at doom and then tell me it isn't watered down. 

I can't imagine playing doom at 540p with sub 30 fps. If you want to have a portable console make portable focused games which run well on that hardware. 

Down the line, switch will be a compelling console with actual good portable games and a meaty lineup of exclusives. Right not its not.

Lol. First play on switch before making such comments. Doom looks great on switch, more so than Skyrim. Both play well. 

Finally 100% done with the base game and 'the Hidden Ones' DLC. 

Per the checklist:

Every ability unlocked

All Sidequests
Main Story Quests
Completed all gladiator challenges in Krokodilopolis
Completed all gladiator challenges in Cyrene
Completed all Hippodrome races
Killed all 10 Phylakes
Found all 58 Synchronization points (DLC's separate)
Found and solved all 12 stone circles
Solved all 19 tomb puzzle
Rest at 5 Hermit Locations
Completed all location challenges; i.e. Loot Treasure, Kill Captain, Kill Commander, Kill Animal
Fully upgraded all equipment

In addition to the above, got all the Papyrus puzzles too. 

Would have clocked close to 78 hours or so. I enjoyed the game for what it offered. Story-wise it was average. But the visual quality, good Lord, it was on a whole other level. Especially, on the PC, at 'Very High' settings, it looked absolutely brilliant. The gameplay was hit or miss to be honest  with some of the skill tree investments being absolutely worthless. Throughout my playthrough, I didn't use a single smoke bomb, sleep dart or even poison an enemy. So those secondary skills were a complete waste for me. The ranged bow options were enough to take out an entire fort undetected. 

The game has to be applauded for it's dense weapon range, animal variety and the mind numbing detailed world. This engine was really off in terms of optimization and it's performance.  The frame drops were all over the place, most notably in Alexandria and other crowded cities, same applies for the cutscenes too.

It looks like a hiatus really did this franchise some good. But there is definitely a need for a  protagonist to rival the likes of Ezio. Black Flag was the only other game which had a great bunch of characters. I feel Bayek's voice actor did a really good job, but the character itself wasn't entirely compelling. Even Aya for that matter, her motivation and her relationship with Bayek was really odd.  

With Ubi going back to it's yearly model, I'm keen to see what they do with Odyssey. 

• 1 year later...

This game is even better than Odyssey in terms of diverse locales etc, only gripe is Ubigandus have locked all the good looking outfits in ubistore, the normal outfits in game are mostly rags, bayek looks like a hobo basically in most of the outfit's i've seen till now.

I was expecting fancy egyptian pharoah or greek style armor as outfits :/

Press S to spit on Ubilol.

1 hour ago, adity said:

Diverse locales such as one desert to another bigger desert with desert in between? 

Idk, im in memphis rn, i've only seen the cities till now.

In odyssey even though there were no drab deserts every other city town looks like a mini athens with the same style of temple everywhere, only sparta looked unique

4 hours ago, cyberpunk said:

I like Egyptian history with mummies and pharoh's . But I heard Odyseey is more polished and has a better story. If I had to choose one, which one should I buy? 

Not exactly related to your query but if you're into Egyptian history, grab Assassin's Creed Discovery Tour: Ancient Egypt on Uplay. It's free right now.

Even the Ancient Greece version is free.

8 hours ago, cyberpunk said:

I like Egyptian history with mummies and pharoh's . But I heard Odyseey is more polished and has a better story. If I had to choose one, which one should I buy? 

Get both, but get Origins first.

Also the story in both is mediocre, nothing to write home about.

Odyssey does have more fun combat compared to Origins though.

Origins is set in the last years of the Greek Ptolemaic dynasty of Egypt, so it also has Roman/Greek temples and cities etc, you also get to explore parts of Libya, like the Roman city of Cyrene.

Odyssey is set in the whole Sparta vs Athens war, and you are limited to Greece proper and most of it's islands, most of greece looks the same, but it looks GOOD, Odyssey also has Naval Combat, in origins only certain sections have naval combat.

Origins has a full DLC dedicated to Egyptian mythology with re-animated mummies and resurrected zombie Pharoahs and all :rofl:

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I haven't picked up a single Assassin's Creed game post AC III. I'm planning to pick this up, will I be completely lost at bay or is this a fun ride on it's own merit? I'm intrigued by the entire Egyptian setting and thinking about giving it a go.