Assassin's Creed: Origins

Big Boss

32 minutes ago, Black_Hawk said:

I haven't picked up a single Assassin's Creed game post AC III. I'm planning to pick this up, will I be completely lost at bay or is this a fun ride on it's own merit? I'm intrigued by the entire Egyptian setting and thinking about giving it a go.

No you won't be. Although you should play Syndicate and Unity when you get some time. Origins and Odyssey both will take a lot of your time.

If you can get Odyssey, you can entirely skip the Origins. Both games have almost the same mechanic with Odyssey basically being an improved version of Origins. I also went with Origins anticipating Ancient Egypt. I had just finished Far Cry: Primal and was excited to play more historic games. But the AC:Origins is not that much ancient Egypt except for the location. The pyramids were built at around 2500BC, and the game is set in ~50BC. Also, I expected a better origins story, on how and why the creed formed. The endgame twist is super awesome, but the whole origins can be explained in 3-4 lines. 

It is definitely not a bad game, and I enjoyed playing though it. But when I got Odyssey just after finishing that, it felt like going through the same game again, but in a different location. If I had to do it again, I would haven't played Origins and directly gone for Odyssey. However, if you play Origins, and don't plan to continue with Odyssey anytime soon, definitely go for Origins. Again, not a bad game, and one of the best game in AC franchise, but I will suggest rather watch the story of Origins on YouTube, and skip directly to Odyssey.

45 minutes ago, Black_Hawk said:

I haven't picked up a single Assassin's Creed game post AC III. I'm planning to pick this up, will I be completely lost at bay or is this a fun ride on it's own merit? I'm intrigued by the entire Egyptian setting and thinking about giving it a go.

There is a story campaign you know.

You do have to do random side quests to get enough XP to meet the minimum level requirements of the story missions tho.

btw It's Greco-Egyptian, with Romans under Caesar and Cleopatra etc, you also get to visit a part of Libya called Cyrenaica which is under Roman rule, complete with a Colisseum and all.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

Finished the story, loved the game. Returned to AC after Black Flag and the story, combat, map everything clicked.

Going after the plat and holy tits the map is freakin huge, gonna take a long time to get the last trophy. And this is supposed to be the smallest among Origins, Odyssey and Valhalla!! 

• 2 months later...
45 minutes ago, Agent 47 said:

This game has become available on PS+ extra and premium. Worth downloading that or should i buy the gold edition which is on sale rite now?

Make sure you like it before buying gold edition.

It's divisive game. 

I didnt like it as much. But am enjoying Odeyssey enough to buy gold edition.

10 minutes ago, Vaibhavp said:

Make sure you like it before buying gold edition.

It's divisive game. 

I didnt like it as much. But am enjoying Odeyssey enough to buy gold edition.

Last AC game i played was Unity. Origins is completely opposite of that in mechanics. I saw some videos. Game seemed fine to me regardless of what everyone says. If DLC has nothing good to offer than i rather not buy.

1 hour ago, Agent 47 said:

Last AC game i played was Unity. Origins is completely opposite of that in mechanics. I saw some videos. Game seemed fine to me regardless of what everyone says. If DLC has nothing good to offer than i rather not buy.

DLCs are apparently better than base game, from what I heard.

8 hours ago, Agent 47 said:

This game has become available on PS+ extra and premium. Worth downloading that or should i buy the gold edition which is on sale rite now?

gold edition, it gives you two DLCs, 1st one is nothing much, 2nd has all supernatural elements like egyptian mythology and all.