FIFA 18

SRINI87

2 minutes ago, Joe Cool said:

• After a breakthrough first year in the Premier League, the whole world is talking about Alex Hunter. He's back for a second season and, following a tumultuous transfer saga, he'll have the chance to compete at some of the biggest clubs in world football: PSG, FC Bayern Munich, Atletico Madrid, and LA Galaxy. 
  • Cristiano Ronaldo headlines a celebrity cast, featuring Antoine Griezmann, Thierry Henry, Dele Alli, Rio Ferdinand, Thomas Müller, James Harden, and more.
  • Chapter-based, short-term objectives give Alex more to play for as he navigates through the second season of his prospering career. He'll have the chance to compete for multiple trophies in some of the world's top football leagues.
  • Your choices matter
  • Experience short, standalone stories with new playable characters that Alex meets throughout The Journey.
  • Personalize the look of Alex Hunter by selecting his hair, tattoos, and clothing. You can even pick Alex's dominant foot to suit your playing style.
  • Play with friends - local multiplayer support
  • A five-a-side scrimmage in Brazil, a pre-season tour in Los Angeles, and competition on some of Europe's biggest stages — experience Alex's global journey across diverse football landscapes.

DEMO rumoured to be out on September 15th. emoji7.png

The Only reason for me to buy 18.

EA have played a Master Stroke  with Journey :majesty: Journey 1 was brilliant.

20 minutes ago, hope said:

The Only reason for me to buy 18.

EA have played a Master Stroke  with Journey :majesty: Journey 1 was brilliant.

True.

I had always decided that I would buy FIFA 17 only for The Journey mode. I bought it about a month ago and it didn't disappoint.

My only reason to look forward to FIFA 18.

Edit: Haven't seen the video Joe posted, but going by what I read, it seems to checking all the right boxes. :good:

Now, give me a proper FIFA Street game, EA.

Yeah, 99%. 

__

Balancing FIFA 18 sounds like a living nightmare

Last year's FIFA 17, we both agreed, was "very tight," with what felt like one of the lowest goals-per-game averages that I've experienced. "One of the things we wanted is that FIFA 18 should have a few more goals per match than FIFA 17." And at the same time, "One of the complaints in FIFA 17 was that the AI was defending too good, a lot of people would just let the AI defend." That makes sense - make the AI defenders a little worse, and you'll get a few more goals. 

"We wanted to be more user-skilled," he continued. "We need to create a skill gap so pro players can differentiate from regular players for example, the more you play the better time your tackle, the better chances you have of being a good player when defending. So, it's still possible to defend for sure, and to defend very well, but your skill as a player matters more than before." 

But all these changes have knock-on effects! "For example for pace, people at the beginning they feel like in FIFA 18 it's a little bit slower, but after a few matches, the same people who said 'oh it's slow' are saying 'but it's awesome, because now I can do more authentic behaviours, like if I'm defending I don't just sprint at somebody, and if I miss I just recover and come back.'"

The thing is, this year's FIFA actually feels great. I only had a short time with it at Gamescom, but I played the version that was something between what players saw in the closed beta, and what we'll see at launch. The defending felt snappy, use of pace felt circumstantial, not always-applicable - it is genuinely shaping up to be one of the best FIFAs, in terms of raw gameplay, that I've experienced for some time, a silky balance of arcade and sim, just the way I like it.

Sounds fantastic. 3 more weeks. NMVxhJ1.gif 

when you say the following

lol at idiots who pay full price for updated squads.

in a thread where people are genuinely interested in a game and may have pre-ordered then its not your opinion any more. go contribute in a game thread you enjoy playing. 

17 minutes ago, Vip3r said:

when you say the following

lol at idiots who pay full price for updated squads.

in a thread where people are genuinely interested in a game and may have pre-ordered then its not your opinion any more. go contribute in a game thread you enjoy playing. 

Hows it not my opinion? I'm critical about a game that is exactly the same every year, why should I care about offending people's sensitivities just cause they've pre-ordered the same game ever year? You've got to be kidding me.

How does that earn them the privilege to not read a single critical opinion?, much less thousands.... about a game that is nothing but a glorified squad update.

Sheep will be sheep.

7 minutes ago, zibalingz said:

Hows it not my opinion? I'm critical about a game that is exactly the same every year, why should I care about offending people's sensitivities just cause they've pre-ordered the same game ever year? You've got to be kidding me.

How does that earn them the privilege to not read a single critical opinion?, much less thousands.... about a game that is nothing but a glorified squad update.

Sheep will be sheep.

Yes tell us what to do with our money. 

Archived