ScrewyAurum

It was online based since the reveal. 

Anthem had only been described as an action IP "built around a live service" that features a "disruptive new social design." 

• Not an MMO
  • The open world is multiplayer, you will experience other players out there.
  • A dynamic living world, a world that would change every time you returned to it.
  • Designed to allow to add a story for years to come.
  • Your quest hub is unique to you, but the gameplay outside is shared with other players in an MMO sense.
  • The world has a LOT of verticalities, with heavy reliance on a jetpack.
  • Constantly evolving weather in the dynamic open world.
  • No loot boxes; cosmetic and vanity items will be available for real money.
  • Suits of armour known as Javelins.
  • Personalizing for Javelins will be available.
  • The mobile base is known as Strider
  • Can switch between Javelins freely at Fort Tarsis or in your mobile Strider base.
  • Javelins can be upgraded.
  • The classes are Interceptor, Ranger, Storm and Colossus.
  • Booster jets can overheat and ground your Javelin; airtime can be extended through upgrades.
  • Parties up to four players.
  • Abilities from other party members can be stringed together to make use of the game's combo system.
  • In the open world free play, you will be able to collect crafting material, fight large enemies, as well as take on minor tasks the game will generate for you.
  • NPCs will give out quests that will show you some context on factions, Scars, as well as themselves.
  • Dungeons are known as Strongholds with endgame strongholds being much more difficult, requiring absolute teamwork and rewarding greater loot.
  • Drop-in/out co-op with friends or randoms available straight from the world map at Fort Tarsis.
  • Low-level players who join a late-game mission will deal enough damage so as they are still able to contribute to the mission.
  • The story is known as critical path and endgame are known as elder-game.
  • Alliance system (no news on that besides the name).

So it does not have a single player campaign or SP story mode? If true, pass. 

I guess that they are trying to cut down costs by experimenting the game with only the MP. Hope that they will integrate the SP in the sequels. 

After the Andromeda fiasco, Bioware is feeling the EA axe itch. 

Edited by Mysteryman

9 hours ago, sobbii said:

i would rather play that over this.. atleast the gunplay is solid in that one.. but u r right destiny is pretty much dead atm..

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Well it is third person so that alone puts it at disadvantage compared to Destiny gunplay, but this can fill the class based combat void of Destiny. The classes in that game is just a joke.

Don't know what to make of the impressions video. I am highly confused as to what this game ultimately end up being. Even the editors discussing are highly sceptical.

I really hope they are withholding information because they want to reveal things slowly and not because they are yet to figure out stuff. 8 months is not so far.

11 minutes ago, CarbonCore said:

-Flying controls are on point

-2 weapon system, plus attachments, abilities, grenades and melee weapons

-potentially twice the loot as Destiny

- tons of movement options unlike Destiny

-looks fantastic on PC

Ok

Incredibly smooth apparently and easy to pick up for any player.

Time to get back on PC. Can't wait. huhdOQi.png 

__

1. Will there be loot drops? YES!
  2. Can we expect dungeon/raid experiences? YES!
  3. Will there possibly be more Javelins in the future? YES!
  4. Revive? YES!
  5. Yes to crafting as well. Details to come.
  6. You start with the Ranger. The others are unlocked through the story.
  7. Gear drops based on your Freelancer (pilot) level. No more low-level trash! 
  8. We will have matchmaking. You don’t need to have a full squad, we can help you fill it.
  9. Your suit definitely matters.
  10. There will be actual geo changes.
  11. Lots of progression for better gear and weapons in the elder game.
  12. Loot is instanced. No loot theft
  13. You need 4 players for strongholds. You either need to use the matchmaking to find people to play with you or invite people.
  14. Your jets generate heat, you need to land to dissipate it OR find another way to cool off. You will be able to upgrade your Freelancer (pilot) to make you able to fly farther.
  15. Full customization.
  16. For story missions, you can play with 1-4 people

TuNWqc0.jpg

Edited by Heaven Angel

Oh wait.

Online only? Like we have to be online all the time?

I thought they mentioned something during the conference about players who want to go for it solo in missions, just that it will be a little more difficult.

What a bummer, if it's online only. :(

19 minutes ago, VelivolusDas said:

Online only? Like we have to be online all the time?

Yes. Online only game. Social based. Every time you enter the world, it will change.

You can play solo too if you want but need to be online. 

So far every impression has been positive. They are also answering so many questions on social media.

BioWare last attempt to make something good again. 
while the impressions have been positive i am finding it lil difficult to believe.. as what i saw was a little underwhelming.. right now i am not as hyped for this as i was 24 hours ago.. but i do hope i am wrong and its better thn what was shownn

1 hour ago, sobbii said:

while the impressions have been positive i am finding it lil difficult to believe.. as what i saw was a little underwhelming.. right now i am not as hyped for this as i was 24 hours ago.. but i do hope i am wrong and its better thn what was shownn

Let's be honest every destiny 1 showing  looked super mediocre before we got our hands on it.