Metro Exodus

Heaven Angel

Nothing yet but I fully expect it to require beefy setup for full glory. 

The game will support physically-based rendering and will come with an overhauled lighting system. Metro Exodus also will feature full facial capture for cinematics, a dynamic weather system, full day/night cycles, atmospheric systems and sim AI biomes.

Metro Exodus will be using Nvidia's RTX raytracing tech that is currently exclusive Volta architecture GPUs via tensor compute. RTX is Nvidia's implementation of Microsoft’s new DirectX Raytracing (DXR) API.

Metro Exodus is a 4A game for the 4K era

4A knows its tech, clearly, and the real issue here is how well the Metro formula integrates with a much larger world. By and large, the transition is seamless, but it's worth stressing that this still is very much a Metro game. This isn't your usual triple-A fare and it's brutally unforgiving if you try to play it like a standard FPS, with 4A exploring the open world concept very much on its own terms. It's a visually arresting, unique experience though and from a Digital Foundry perspective, we're really looking forward to learning more about its technology, the scalability across platforms and just what kind of surprises and bonuses 4A has in store for PC users.

__

giphy.gif

The atmosphere. oof 

Edited by Heaven Angel

• 1 year later...

Started playing the dlc yesterday. Looks good and the addition of flame thrower increases immersion. However, I thought that they might introduce some new environments, but most of it looks like rehab of the last mission - dead city. Let’s see how it goes... should not be longer than 2-3 hours to finish

• 2 months later...
16 hours ago, PhantomShade said:

why is this so cheap on Epic games store?

Just get the game on the Gamepass for Windows. You can finish off the game for 50 Rs per month (or 300 Rs if it's not your first month). Along with entire Gears+Halo Collection and Outer Worlds. Doubt it can get any cheaper than that.

• 1 month later...

Its been a long time since I played a heavily scripted shooter (cant even remember the last CoD game) so I am really enjoying the first few hours of it. 

My only two gripes are - 

1 Needs a Russian VO option. The heavily Russian accented VO makes it sound ridiculous. It is almost like a parody. It has been a while since I played the previous Metro games but I remember being annoyed by that then as well. 

2 Why does every game now need you to collect crafting items? Here is a beautiful game whose environments drip with atmosphere and all I want to do is soak in it. Let me just enjoy it. But instead I am mashing the E key to pick up crap so I can upgrade stuff. I honestly dont remember if the last two metro games had you picking up trash all over the place or not so I dont know if its a series thing but really this mechanic needs to die fast. It just absolutely kills my immersion. I had the same problem with Witcher. You made a beautiful, gorgeous world I want to be inside and every 5 seconds you keep reminding me I am playing a video game. Why?