Metro Exodus

Heaven Angel

6 hours ago, Aftrunner said:

Its been a long time since I played a heavily scripted shooter (cant even remember the last CoD game) so I am really enjoying the first few hours of it. 

My only two gripes are - 

1 Needs a Russian VO option. The heavily Russian accented VO makes it sound ridiculous. It is almost like a parody. It has been a while since I played the previous Metro games but I remember being annoyed by that then as well. 

2 Why does every game now need you to collect crafting items? Here is a beautiful game whose environments drip with atmosphere and all I want to do is soak in it. Let me just enjoy it. But instead I am mashing the E key to pick up crap so I can upgrade stuff. I honestly dont remember if the last two metro games had you picking up trash all over the place or not so I dont know if its a series thing but really this mechanic needs to die fast. It just absolutely kills my immersion. I had the same problem with Witcher. You made a beautiful, gorgeous world I want to be inside and every 5 seconds you keep reminding me I am playing a video game. Why?

Coz in real world, stuff breaks and you need to repair it or buy new ones, which is what they are simulating , expecting it to increase your immersion :P  It's totally another story that the stuff you pick in witcher 3 is absolutely useless as you can always get superior stuff by taking part in those special quests !

Edited by Ne0

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, kold_war said:

Just started the game....man the atmosphere is so awesome....still as good as 2033 and last light

Also nice to see the TLOU style crafting system being used here

I hope you are playing this using headphones for better experience. This game has insane background score. And some of the scene feels really scary because of in-game music  when using headphones. 

4 minutes ago, GameAnalyzer said:

I hope you are playing this using headphones for better experience. This game has insane background score. And some of the scene feels really scary because of in-game music  when using headphones. 

Yup with headphones on.Always. So true...feels so intense at times!

Metro exodus - 2nd dlc - Sam’s story coming to PC, Xbox and PS4 on 11th Feb.

We are proud to reveal that the hotly anticipated second expansion for Metro Exodus, Sam's Story, will launch on Xbox One, PlayStation 4, PC and Stadia on Friday February 11 2020.

In this sandbox-survival expansion, players will forge Sam's path on his journey through Vladivostok on his mission to find his way home to the USA.

Sam has long dreamed of returning to his homeland, and maybe finding his family alive. The prospect seemed impossible in the darkened tunnels of the Metro, but when the Spartans discovered that Moscow was not the only city left alive after the war, holding out hope didn’t feel so foolish anymore.

Sam makes his way away from the Aurora in search of a way back to the USA, arriving at the remains of Vladivostok’s tsunami ravaged harbours, ruined industrial buildings, and crumbling residential districts. To complete his journey, Sam will discover that he needs every tactic he has learned so far to survive, as his surroundings prove to be far trickier than expected.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just started playing the second dlc- this seems like a proper dlc which would “fit” in the metro exodus world with it’s semi open world area. Am liking it better than 2 colonels - just that the voice acting is crap & cheesy; further my PC has taken a huge performance hit on DX 12 post the 7.1 GB patch. Useless optimisation by 4A as earlier it was running fine, but after patch seeing lot of FPS drops

• 1 month later...

Finished the game yesterday...oh man what a final chapter.....it was so intense! Got the bad ending due to my negligence somewhere during the earlier parts of the game . ....ah well ??‍♂️

Overall a really good game 

The only part I didn't like was

the bear fight.....man that was so stupid and the exploit to defeat the bear makes the level design look so retarded

Edited by kold_war

Even the new DLC - sam’s story is good. I did not like 2 colonels that much but sam’s story is good with exploration focus and some new enemies in a new environment. Talking about lockdown, am alternating between this and Doom Eternal - some change of pace there[emoji846]

• 4 weeks later...

off late i have been playing games that did not having interesting stories and having to give up half way as the story was not engrossing (Nioh 1, Destiny 2 - good game play mechanics but yawn story), but that is not the case with Metro exodus!!

m

I just played the main campaign and finished it in 41 hours (my wife is annoyed that i can sit for such  long periods in front of the PC :P). This game is so god damn good!! Best in the Metro Series.  i enjoyed every minute of it (except a few crashes, but that may be my aging pc). This is easily  one of the most atmospheric games in recent times and the immersion level is speculator, that the camera never changes from first person even while using the backpack.  4A games did with Metro Exodus what GSC gameworld could not do with a Stalker sequel. I think for the near future this is the closest we will ever get to a "Stalker 2" with some of the open map levels like the Volga and Caspian. I enjoyed every bit of this game. too bad i had to wait nearly a year to play it.   I highly recommend that all the members of IVG here play this title if they are yet to experience the Metro series. Great Campaign story, Great atmosphere and music, great gun play, if you have a decent GPU + CPU you can enjoy the visuals too. I had to turn down the settings as my CPU is aging and my GPU kept heating up and switching off when i set the game graphics at high.  This is a game you must not miss.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Started this game yesterday and must say the environments look stunning! To see the open blue skies in the morning only to be drenched in rain under the noir skies as the day progresses, such an immersive world this is. The rain as it lashes down on the swampy lands of the Volga with strong winds and thunder makes me have goosebumps in a eerie sort of way!

1 hour ago, Black_Hawk said:

Can someone who has played the game tell me what those numbers indicate on the bottom right of the screen? It's like a counter in a slot machine and pops up from time to time. Doesn't constantly stay on-screen though.

Shows how many miles you have travelled from Moscow.

Doesn't have any bearing on gameplay

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, PhantomShade said:

Shows how many miles you have travelled from Moscow.

Doesn't have any bearing on gameplay

It was a little confusing.  I couldn't understand what those digits meant. It was certainly not ammo for weapons and not a Geiger counter of any sorts. Thanks for the info mate.