Sign in to follow this  
Joe Cool

Metro Exodus

Completed the Volga section today and the last sequence at the Cultist's Base was amazing. Did the thing completely stealthy and at the last part where you have to enter the door leading to Silantius there is a wooden bridge to it where a guard roves. He caught a glimpse of me and stuck his neck out. It was raining hard and windy... so he didn't luckily investigate any further, thinking it was nothing. I made a beeline for the door to Silantius' chamber!! Everyone survived.

Also, this moment in Volga after scouting around the map for the guitar and the teddy (damn those pesky mutants and Lurker packs!) was well worth it in the end:

Metro-Exodus-2020-05-12-22-06-33-235.jpg

:)

Edited by Black_Hawk

What are those balls of electricity that float around? I had a particularly hard time driving that carriage back in Volga because one of those balls just continued to hover about the train tracks and gave out large spikes of electricity. I had to wait a while for the ball to move away so that I could continue to drive the carriage. Two hits from those bolts of lightning and your toast!

51 minutes ago, Black_Hawk said:

What are those balls of electricity that float around? I had a particularly hard time driving that carriage back in Volga because one of those balls just continued to hover about the train tracks and gave out large spikes of electricity. I had to wait a while for the ball to move away so that I could continue to drive the carriage. Two hits from those bolts of lightning and your toast!

It's some supernatural spooky sh*t, in Metro series you get to see actual ghosts of people vaporized by the nukes and ET looking black psychic mutants( not in this game ).

In any case it zaps you and you can't kill it, so you can only run

1 hour ago, PhantomShade said:

It's some supernatural spooky sh*t, in Metro series you get to see actual ghosts of people vaporized by the nukes and ET looking black psychic mutants( not in this game ).

In any case it zaps you and you can't kill it, so you can only run

Guess what, the first time I came across one floating in the Volga region I thought it probably gave you some power up or sh*t. I walked towards it and then the damn lightning hit me! :wOOtjumpy:

Needless to say from that point on whenever I see this thing I either hide in a safe spot till it passes or just run away from that area completely.

Completed the game this evening, loved playing through it. The last few levels in the Dead City were straight out of a horror title, such great atmosphere!

Got the good ending but nevertheless it leaves you with a bittersweet feeling, which I personally think is perfect for a game like Metro.

Really felt bad that Miller died in the end. Gave up his life so that Artyom could survive. The ending was beautiful Artyom, Anna and the group standing on the fringes of Lake Baikal. :)

32 minutes ago, Black_Hawk said:

Completed the game this evening, loved playing through it. The last few levels in the Dead City were straight out of a horror title, such great atmosphere!

Got the good ending but nevertheless it leaves you with a bittersweet feeling, which I personally think is perfect for a game like Metro.

You know what is bitter fren?

Spoiler

Artyom dying of 15000 roentgen just because you didn't do the arcane steps necessary for the bald Kazakh dude to get back on the train :rofl: