Ori and the Will of the Wisps

Heaven Angel

Ran into a bug which kept spawning me into a weird room with no way to get out. Even reloading checkpoint didn't help. Got scared for a moment thinking I'd have to restart the whole thing.

But thankfully the game has a "backup saves" option. Loaded an earlier save and was good to go. *phew*

Man, the soundtrack is absolutely magical! Perfectly sets up the mood for each area.

Ohh and after playing for about 6-7hrs, Hard indeed seems to be what the default difficulty in the first one was like.

It's definitely challenging but not in a frustrating way. So far at least.

Edited by STICK3Rboy

Good Lord! The Luma Pools region is breathtakingly gorgeous! Probably the best looking area in the game.

Protip: Try to get the underwater breathing shard before you head to Luma Pools. It will make life much easier and you can take in the sights and sounds without having to worry about your breath meter.

Even the music there is f**king beautiful!

Edited by STICK3Rboy

13 hours ago, STICK3Rboy said:

Good Lord! The Luma Pools region is breathtakingly gorgeous! Probably the best looking area in the game.

Protip: Try to get the underwater breathing shard before you head to Luma Pools. It will make life much easier and you can take in the sights and sounds without having to worry about your breath meter.

Even the music there is f**king beautiful!

How to get that shard ?

Man, f**k the bugs in this game!

I quit the game after finishing an epic 5-staged boss fight after multiple tries. I even got the achievement and everything.

Now on booting the game I find out that the game didn't auto-save after the boss fight.

I'll have to redo the whole f**king thing!

kr96rvT.gif

15 hours ago, STICK3Rboy said:

The chase/escape sequence in Windtorn Ruins :suicide:

It's insane how little room for error there is here. Must've tried at least 10 times and failed.

So apparently this chase is much more difficult on Hard, which is weird since the difficulty was only supposed to affect combat.

Anyway, just finished the game! I think some of the level design and platforming sections were much cleverer in the first one. I could be wrong though coz it's been almost five years since I played that game.

Still, Wisps is great in its own right and I absolutely loved it! At a time when I was losing interest in most of gaming, I just couldn't put the controller down with this one. I kept thinking about it even when I wasn't playing it.

The art direction and music are just wonderful and it is here that Wisps takes the cake over Blind Forest, which just looks very static now in comparison.

The Hollow Knight-esque combat worked really well too but a little more enemy variety would've been nice.

It took me around 19hrs to beat it on Hard with 90% completion. I'm sure it can be completed much quicker though coz I was trying to get as close to 100% as possible in each area as I went along.

Edited by STICK3Rboy

Aaaand 100 percented!

But because of a stupid bug in Inkwater Marsh, my completion percentage is stuck at 99 <_<

Anyway, I'm hungry for more. So I think I'll start MO: Astray next.

Edited by STICK3Rboy
  • Like 1

Weird. I dont think I have run into any bugs. 

Which is good cause I am kinda sorta finding this just about ok but I swear if I run into a bug forcing me to redo a tough bossfight or escape sequence, I am just uninstalling. 

On 3/14/2020 at 12:33 AM, Aftrunner said:

A few hours in, I am not really feeling it so far. Its not bad. But its not really wow-ing me either. 

It gets better as you progress. Abilities and combat really opens up. 

Bugs are main problem right now. So im not playing till it's fixed. 

52 minutes ago, Aftrunner said:

Dude it spawned me in a "Room" which I cant get out of after I loaded my last save. Can I revert to an earlier checkpoint or something?

Yup. Happened to me as well.

After you select your save slot from the main menu, there should be a "backup saves" option. You can load an earlier save from there.

• Like 1