The Last Night

Heaven Angel

The Last Night lets you explore a two-dimensional cyberpunk open world, built with four unique districts each with distinct architecture, cultures and industries.  Experience action and infiltration gameplay in the great tradition of cinematic platformers and travel between districts using taxis, ferries, or monorail while trying to keep a low profile and remain undetected.  Meet a diverse, inclusive cast of complex characters to interact with through meaningful, branching dialogue and enjoy varied gameplay such as driving down epic highways, flying drones, and hacking droids to do your dirty work.

vAipNoP.jpg

5G65B1r.jpg

vjlKqpi.jpg

The Last Night was originally a small flash game made in 6 days which won the cyberpunkjam. You can play it here: https://timsoret.itch.io/the-last-night

Song: Lorn - Acid Rain

This looks ridiculously good. Cyberpunk is one of the few settings that feels natural in 2D pixelation. And the art style is absolutely phenomenal, you could pause the game at any point and it would make for a fantastic wallpaper. 

33 minutes ago, Aftrunner said:

Cyberpunk is one of the few settings that feels natural in 2D pixelation.

This!

And yeah cyberpunk automatically puts it on my radar.

I never and still don't fully understand what was Gamersgate all about. To me, it is some site where I used to buy games back then. qGX6GDk.png

What developer does in his real life doesn't change my opinion towards their work at all. Nor it should. 

1 minute ago, Joe Cool said:

I never and still don't fully understand what was Gamersgate all about. To me, it is some site where I used to buy games back then. qGX6GDk.png

What developer does in his real life doesn't change my opinion towards their work at all. Nor it should. 

Gamersgate is an online store.

Gamergate on the other hand is... this.

3 hours ago, Joe Cool said:

~snip~ 

WOW! JUST WOW!

53 minutes ago, Joe Cool said:

Should be able to. Usually, these types of games don't have a high requirement. 

Looking at the level of detail, parallax and all the other FX I would not say that. Obviously, if their engine is scalable enough to run it on iGP's and other anaemic graphic solutions, it is probably the best thing ever. 

Original version can be played for free here:   https://timsoret.itch.io/the-last-night

This is a short, moody, cyberpunk adventure game in the spirit of Flashback & Blade Runner. Made in 6 days by two young brothers living in Paris : Tim Soret & Adrien Soret. Original music & sound design by Laurent Lozano. Additional tracks by Chemise & Scratch Massive.

Edit:  Just noticed that this link is already in OP. But damn it is short. 1 - 2 minute only.

• 4 months later...

Archived