Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus

Engineer

1 hour ago, stingray said:

I will be honest here. I bought the game, played it but could not complete and as of now, don’t find it exciting to go back. May be partly cause of lot of good games which released in last quarter 2017 and also, re-installed Doom emoji51.png... don’t feel like going back here after playing Doom campaign. Had got the dlc pass also, not installed it yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did you complete atleast 50% of the story, around the courthouse level?

If not, then I would say persist because "something" happens in the story which made my jaw drop because of the developer's audacity to go through with it.

If yes, then I think this game's not for you.

Edited by R3D_D3ViL

6 hours ago, stingray said:

I will be honest here. I bought the game, played it but could not complete and as of now, don’t find it exciting to go back. May be partly cause of lot of good games which released in last quarter 2017 and also, re-installed Doom emoji51.png... don’t feel like going back here after playing Doom campaign. Had got the dlc pass also, not installed it yet.

Man, its a mistake to play any FPS directly after Doom. Its like the band that follows up Rolling stones at a concert. 

8 hours ago, stingray said:

Lot of people complaining about gameplay and level design this time.  Story is main hook this time. Gameplay is pretty standard fps with nothing new or different. 

Edited by WhiteWolf

Man, its a mistake to play any FPS directly after Doom. Its like the band that follows up Rolling stones at a concert. 

[emoji38].. True that! Although story / plot is 0 in Doom, the combat FLOW is just flawless! Probably something which was present to some extent in Wolfenstein TNO. Further, what surprised me in wolf 2 is that there are no Boss battles...

3 hours ago, stingray said:

emoji38.png.. True that! Although story / plot is 0 in Doom, the combat FLOW is just flawless! Probably something which was present to some extent in Wolfenstein TNO. Further, what surprised me in wolf 2 is that there are no Boss battles...

There is one, towards the end. 

I do not understand the need for a boss battle though. In a game like Wolfenstein, it only makes the enemy look like a giant bullet sponge. And no, stating that it had boss battles in the past games does not mean that trend should continue. 

I mean The New Order had a couple and they were exercises in pure frustration. That and the fact that MachineGames will really need to look into overhauling the combat system in the next title. 

I do not understand the need for a boss battle though. In a game like Wolfenstein, it only makes the enemy look like a giant bullet sponge. And no, stating that it had boss battles in the past games does not mean that trend should continue. 

I mean The New Order had a couple and they were exercises in pure frustration. That and the fact that MachineGames will really need to look into overhauling the combat system in the next title. 

I second your thoughts that it is not a trend to have boss battles, if the earlier game had it. But, I still believe they are ok in course of the overall game as they break the monotony of standard combat mechanism & enemies, involve some sort of tactics, are turning points or important in game story & are generally exciting [emoji846] (but not always - e.g. - did not like the final boss battle in Wolfenstein the Old Blood). While the story in Wolfenstein is good, but apart from court battle in terms of pure frentic combat & Venus levels in terms of good level design. I liked the opening of Roswell level, which felt more open, but novelty of the same died down soon. I just played the game till the last Venus level.

I second your thoughts that it is not a trend to have boss battles, if the earlier game had it. But, I still believe they are ok in course of the overall game as they break the monotony of standard combat mechanism & enemies, involve some sort of tactics, are turning points or important in game story & are generally exciting [emoji846] (but not always - e.g. - did not like the final boss battle in Wolfenstein the Old Blood). While the story in Wolfenstein is good, but apart from court battle in terms of pure frentic combat & Venus levels in terms of good level design. I liked the opening of Roswell level, which felt more open, but novelty of the same died down soon. I just played the game till the last Venus level.

which rig can run wolfenstein ii the new colossus?(even lowest graphics is fine but game must start)

processor=
1.amd ryzen 3 1200
2.amd ryzen 3 2200g(upcoming)
3.amd ryzen 5 2400g(upcoming)
4.amd ryzen 5 1500x

graphics card=
gtx 1050 or gtx 1050ti

ram=g-skill ripjaws 8gb 2400mhz

16 hours ago, anybunny said:

which rig can run wolfenstein ii the new colossus?(even lowest graphics is fine but game must start)

processor=
1.amd ryzen 3 1200
2.amd ryzen 3 2200g(upcoming)
3.amd ryzen 5 2400g(upcoming)
4.amd ryzen 5 1500x

graphics card=
gtx 1050 or gtx 1050ti

ram=g-skill ripjaws 8gb 2400mhz

I have ryzen 3 1200, 8 gigs ram and 1050ti. Works mostly 60fps for me at high settings

I'm actually quite enjoying this game on my new Ryzen build and it's a welcome change from MGS: Phantom Pain which I finally completed a few days ago.

Played through the level in the ranch today and the tender reminiscing of Blazkowicz through the level as I progressed was beautifully crafted. Of course soon I was immersed in the absolute bullet rampage again, LoL!

I stopped playing for today where there is a huge dog like bot in front of me and shockingly enough I'm low on the robustly powerful Dieselgewehr I found... will pick up tomorrow again! Sheesh... God knows how much damage the bot will take before it goes down!

Edited by Black_Hawk

• 2 weeks later...

Played the 2 dlcs. Nowhere with the quality of the Old Blood. They are total cash grabs as if they are made by trainees. 

They are barely an hour each with still frame animations. Terrible level design with some assets are taken from the base game.  

Didnt lose too much as I got it in a sale but disappointed. 

Well.. same has been my case with this game. Good story, good graphics, but ordinary gameplay, pacing and shooting. Nothing to excite.. looks like the Dev team focused on story and forgot gameplay. Started the game - played somehow till the Venus level.. then left it and started Doom again[emoji846]