Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus

Engineer

And finished on PS4. 

Good:

• The soundtrack was a highlight. 
  • The shooting, in general, was fine. Was honestly more fun to go all Rambo on the low difficulty setting than sneaking around. Enjoyed using all kinds of weapons. The heavy ones, dual-wielding and the shotgun felt great.
  • The story was nice with good loud characters. Great cutscenes with solid voice acting. Engel was amazing. 
  • The map design was not bad either. Good amount of exploration and ways to play/reach the objective. With lack of markers on few missions, it was nice to explore everywhere.
  • Visually it was a step up. Fit very well with the setting. 
  • Some sweet moments after couple missions were just cherry on top. The Führer scene was hilarious. The party one was adorable. 
  • Good amount of additional content. Uberkommandant.

Bad:

• The map interaction sucked. 
  • Controller shooting was woeful.
  • Too many collectables. Optional but eh, way too many. 

Overall - very nice shooter with well-written story and characters. Good amount action with nice drama and performance from characters. Definitely worth playing.

Hope they continue to make more Wolfenstein games. 8/10. FfjxIDX.png 

8 hours ago, Keano said:

What difficulty would you recommend for this game to be played at? I played the New Order and Old Blood.

Call me Terror-Billy or I am death incarnate if you are looking for a harder challenge.

Do or Die/Bring 'em on for more fun. It takes less time too.   

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...
10 hours ago, adity said:

Finished the game. Absolutely amazing story and the game keeps things fresh throughout with moments of utter badassery. Gameplay is lacking in variety but I don't really mind since the guns feel so great and it's mowing down Nazis never gets old.

A few improvements to the gameplay would improve it a lot. The armor, ammo, etc pickups should ideally be picked up automatically within a small radius like doom; it's too finicky rn.

Also, should definitely make the game more action focused. The devs want you to play the game like a f**king pussy. Terror Billy is a badass and the gameplay should reflect that like doom does. I feel this is the only thing holding the game back. The should embrace the batshit craziness of the story in the gameplay. 

8.3/10. 

Lol the last one had the same problem.

Now that BJ is basically a cyborg they should give him Doomguy speed and Doomguy jumps.

• 1 year later...

Just started playing this, Grace is such a cringy character, she talks like she's the sister of Samuel L Motherf**king Jackson from pulp fiction :rofl:

Also the difficulty is just as bullshit as the first one, BJ has power armor yet he moves like still a baseline human guy :lol:

The only time you feel like a badass is while dual wielding and mowing down Nazis, but ammo is limited and so is your fun, the rest of the time crouch, run around like a bitch trying to find armor and health pickups :rofl:

It should be like Doom where the lore behind your awesomely badass according to lore playable char matches the actual gameplay

20 minutes ago, hazard12345 said:

as somone who can speak german, i was cracking at the scene. Humble beginnings.

You're "Dankey Chen "

52 minutes ago, PhantomShade said:

Any books you recommend for learning/practicing for A1-A2 levels?

I don't your current experience with the language.

But this would be really good. 

https://www.amazon.de/-/en/Friederike-Jin/dp/306023972X/ref=sr_1_1?crid=2R61ZIYJZ1S5O&keywords=grammatik+aktiv+a1-b1&qid=1654336499&sprefix=grammatik+aktiv+a1-b1%2Caps%2C90&sr=8-1&asin=306023972X&revisionId=&format=4&depth=1

• Thanks 1