Monster Hunter: World

Heaven Angel

Holy sh*t this demo is amazing. Didn't think it would look as good as the trailers revealed it to be. 

Its everything you want from a HD Monster Hunter game. No dumbing down , no MT , no BS.

On 12/9/2017 at 11:45 AM, Joe Cool said:

Played and deleted. Meh. 

• Good combat
  • Good monster
  • Okay world
  • Okay customization
  • Lame arse time limit. What's the point of having a big map and put a timer on it? 
  • Can't leave quest and free-roam either. Seems to simply throw you out saying quest failed.
  • Looks dated, even with HDR.
  • From the looks of it, very time investing game. 

Wonder if it has any story or just keep accepting quests and kill monsters. If that's the case, I'll pass. 

BETA has 3 quests and each has a 20-minute time limit. Was expecting something special. Didn't find it. 

20 minutes is more than enough time to hunt a monster. Time limit is a mechanic in games for a reason. Its like asking why people like Speedrunning.

Although usually it is much longer , maybe time limit is short because it is Beta.

And WTF the game looks gorgeous , though I played on PS4 pro. Only thing I'd want better is better Frame rate. The Art style is just brilliant. 

It has a story mode , but I doubt that would be any good ( unless it turns out otherwise ). This is primarily a quest based co-op MP game.

Edited by Shadoken

4 hours ago, Shadoken said:

Holy sh*t this demo is amazing. Didn't think it would look as good as the trailers revealed it to be. 

Its everything you want from a HD Monster Hunter game. No dumbing down , no MT , no BS.

20 minutes is more than enough time to hunt a monster. Time limit is a mechanic in games for a reason. Its like asking why people like Speedrunning.

Although usually it is much longer , maybe time limit is short because it is Beta.

And WTF the game looks gorgeous , though I played on PS4 pro. Only thing I'd want better is better Frame rate. The Art style is just brilliant. 

It has a story mode , but I doubt that would be any good ( unless it turns out otherwise ). This is primarily a quest based co-op MP game.

So time limit mechanic is like first Dead Rising game?

• 2 weeks later...

Tried the beta. I really want to like the game but I just can't get used to weird combat controls :/

Why square button is assigned to take potions instead of attack?  You have to hold L2 or R2 then press triangle and O button to attack?. Control scheme is super weird and overly complicated for no reason. 

Can we change controls in this game or final game? I have no problem with timed quests. This looks like totally my type of game but I really need option to change controls. I will keep playing beta and try to get used to controls :/

Also how u lock on to enemies? 

Edited by WhiteWolf

1 hour ago, WhiteWolf said:

Tried the beta. I really want to like the game but I just can't get used to weird combat controls :/

Why square button is assigned to take potions instead of attack?  You have to hold L2 or R2 then press triangle and O button to attack?. Control scheme is super weird and overly complicated for no reason. 

Can we change controls in this game or final game? I have no problem with timed quests. This looks like totally my type of game but I really need option to change controls. I will keep playing beta and try to get used to controls :/

in the earlier games there were no option to change controls,but they may have in this game idk,tbh you will get used to the weird controls as you play

Also how u lock on to enemies?  you cant lmao :rofl: ,this is not Final Fantasy

I want square for attack and O for dodge.  I don't know what Capcom trying to prove by making such awkward control scheme. :/

This game suppose to introduce Monster Hunter games to audience who never played or intimidated by Monster Hunter games,right? lol 

3 hours ago, WhiteWolf said:

Matlab tuney bina kheley gyaan baat raha tha. This Monster Hunter is different than your 3DS monster Hunter games.

hum psp wale MH ke bare me bol rahe the.

wii/3ds wale noobdo ke liye lock on dala hoga.
Ghor kalyug.

they toned down some things IMO, there were no bugs to tell you where the monster is and there were no bugs there that when you hit get health :| 

why make the game easy capcom, why you do dis :/

The bugs only show you the monster after you pick up on the the monsters tracks. So it’s not like completely easy. Though yes it is much easier than tracking it down yourself. 

Overall i think it’s a good mix , console AAA crowd are way more casual. And this is being marketed as a big title , I think the balance in difficulty is fine. 

On 26/12/2017 at 5:18 PM, PhantomShade said:

hum psp wale MH ke bare me bol rahe the.

wii/3ds wale noobdo ke liye lock on dala hoga.
Ghor kalyug.

Surprising that the 3DS crowd was generating enough revenue for Capcom to ignore all the other console players. 

Also, if I remember correctly even the PSP version of the game came with lock-on.

Edited by ALPHA17

1 hour ago, ALPHA17 said:

Surprising that the 3DS crowd was generating enough revenue for Capcom to ignore all the other console players. 

Also, if I remember correctly even the PSP version of the game came with lock-on.

MH started out on PS2. It became successful only after it moved on to handhelds. 

Vita was a failure hence 3DS was where they were minting $$$. I think the only reason Wii even got a version was because of similar power to PSP/3DS. 

Edited by Shadoken

8 hours ago, Shadoken said:

MH started out on PS2. It became successful only after it moved on to handhelds. 

Vita was a failure hence 3DS was where they were minting $$$. I think the only reason Wii even got a version was because of similar power to PSP/3DS. 

I was actually referring to the original PSP's. The fat and the slim, I think I had Monster Hunter 3 on that, had this one. Should have the cartridge kicking about somewhere. 

Edited by ALPHA17

Nothing was really outstanding about this game. Straight to sale bin. 

17 minutes ago, WhiteWolf said:

Not coming to PC?  

Nothing official but PC version is expected after few weeks/months. 

Tsujimoto and Tokuda said the delay on the Windows version release is "to make sure it’s optimized and fine-tuned for the PC as much as possible", with all work being done internally within Capcom to avoid treating the game as an outsourced port.

On 12/29/2017 at 12:48 AM, ALPHA17 said:

no it didn't

i remember this because long ago when i used to visit neoseeker forums on how to beat like a tigrex,there were always guys bitching about the camera controls or that his game has no lock on

4 hours ago, PhantomShade said:

no it didn't

i remember this because long ago when i used to visit neoseeker forums on how to beat like a tigrex,there were always guys bitching about the camera controls or that his game has no lock on

Oh! Joy, it was the time of the claw. This game would not have an issue thanks to the dual-sticks.