Monster Hunter: World

Heaven Angel

• 10 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

And done. Beat Fatalis and dam this fight was the most exhilarating and nerve wrecking battle in a long time. Capcom outdid themselves with this final monster update, truly legendary stuff. The beta armour is God tier and is just what I was looking for the final end game build. 

Also, just thought to share this uber-stylish TDS video for people who want to witness how amazing some of the moments from this game can be.

EDIT: Iceborne monster spoilers (If anyone cares about it). 

Edited by Ethan_Hunt

19 minutes ago, AnK said:

Is this game any good without Co-op?!? 

I want to try but don’t have co-op option 

It's like Bloodborne, you can solo but you have to gitgud.

Co-Op in this is only if you want social activity with your friends or you want internet randoms as your crutch if you can't do it alone.

14 hours ago, AnK said:

Ok so worth playing solo I guess?!?

Almost all of the monsters are doable in Solo. It's only the final siege tier monster that need a 4 player squad in MP as that's how the fight is designed. Also, MP is so much more fun. 

The gameplay mechanics are designed for both; Co-op and multiplayer. You'll have fun either way. However, like I said, there are certain end-game monsters that specifically require a 4 person squad and those grant some of the best weapons in the game. Apart from that, you'll have a good time. Also, if that 1K copy is with Iceborne expansion, then go for it. If it's base game, then don't. With the expansion, this game is infinitely better. 

EDIT: Look up on some of it's reviews and gameplay style to see if it's suited for you. If not, then you can gladly pick another title. 

Edited by Ethan_Hunt

• 3 months later...

Anyone playing this on Steam?

I just started playing, used to use Longsword on MHF2 on the PSP, thankfully in this there are much more improved weapon types, I'm using this type of sword and shield that can transform into a huge axe or greatsword, 10/10.

Hey fellow hunter. PS4 user here. Hope you got the Iceborne edition. 

This is the best time to hop onboard as all the major monster updates are over and all seasonal events are fully unlocked. 

As for your weapon, from what you have described, seems like a charged blade. Have fun.

Edited by Ethan_Hunt
  • Like 1

On 1/23/2021 at 11:54 PM, Ethan_Hunt said:

Hey fellow hunter. PS4 user here. Hope you got the Iceborne edition. 

This is the best time to hop onboard as all the major monster updates are over and all seasonal events are fully unlocked. 

As for your weapon, from what you have described, seems like a charged blade. Have fun.

No, iceborne and base game were too expensive.

I'm reading up on charged blade and apparently it is a very complex weapon, should i switch to longsword, ironic 10 years later i still remember the basic combos of it .

• Like 1

8 hours ago, PhantomShade said:

No, iceborne and base game were too expensive.

I'm reading up on charged blade and apparently it is a very complex weapon, should i switch to longsword, ironic 10 years later i still remember the basic combos of it .

Yep I had tried almost every weapon; Charge Blade & Hunting Horn turned out to be quite a challenge to handle for me.

Longsword has been extremely popular with World and Iceborne too. If you've played it for very long time, you'd definitely remember the combos and muscle memory should kick in too.

That's how it works with Dual Blades for me, which is my main weapon. Even after months when I come back to this game, it's like I remember every single moveset.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Started the game yesterday and it started to hurt my brain. Too overwhelming. I was internally screaming "wtf is going on" lmao. Also I was expecting something like Dmc/Nier but it's much slower pace.

I don't have friends to play the game with. Is it possible the complete the game solo?

Edited by Aloy

14 hours ago, Aloy said:

Started the game yesterday and it started to hurt my brain. Too overwhelming. I was internally screaming "wtf is going on" lmao. Also I was expecting something like Dmc/Nier but it's much slower pace.

I don't have friends to play the game with. Is it possible the complete the game solo?

It is absolutely possible to complete the game solo; both the main storyline and the Iceborne DLC. If this is your first Monster Hunter game, then be prepared to learn a lot of new things being thrown at you. I had the same reaction as you and dying and repeating the quest just built up so much frustration. But somewhere down the line it clicked and playing online with my squad back then just helped a lot. They were MH veterans and guided me through the basics, then I had to research a lot via YouTube videos. Ended up spending 1.3k hours in total per my last count on this game. Once you understand the core mechanics, this would prove to be a truly memorable experience unlike any other game.  

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, dylanjosh said:

holy mother of f**k. 

whats there in this game that takes so long? 

It has an addictive gameplay loop. You definitely don't need spend that amount of hours in it. If you ask a MH veteran, those are amateur numbers (per their count), but for regular players like us, it's way too high. I played this game for almost 7 months straight last year during the lockdown until I realized I had built up an enormous backlog, but f*ck it, I didn't care. Didn't regret a single minute of it. Had to finally retire it in March this year after I ended up hitting max MR level. 

It's a bit hard to describe, but the whole community surrounding this game, it's general nature of monster hunting, online events, free monster addition content etc are just way too much fun. For me, the online aspect is something which sold me on this game. You don't need to have online friends/squad, just fire an SoS and someone random should join your game to help you out. Depending on their skill with the game, you'd either find someone who can mop the floor with that monster or probably struggle a lot. It's the fun of randomness. You can also join someone random persons hunt too and probably help them out (if you can). The PS4 community is highly active, even to this day. All the seasonal quests are permanently unlocked and the festive events are on bi-weekly rotation. This is probably a really good time to get into the game, but I'd highly recommend it only if you have Iceborne DLC. 

Edited by Ethan_Hunt
  • Like 1