Monster Hunter: World

Heaven Angel

?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett

Killed this frosty lizard yesterday, I carted twice in the first 10 mins, but later on managed to kill it complete with a tail cut

I'm disappointed with my damage output though, so farming the Wyvern Blossom+ LS now, 45 mins is too much for one quest assuming i'm farming the MR Teostra for his armor

Also killed Seething Bazel yesterday, ironically he is easier now.

On 8/24/2021 at 11:55 PM, Satania said:

This is the gunlance build, I use for the backhopping.

E9VVUvkVoAEI1rF?format=jpg&name=4096x409

So you get around by rolling about basically?

I've heard this has slow sheathe speed and doesn't have Lance's charge, so i guess rolling it is.

Will try this out once i get the MR to do the Raging Brachy quest, seems to have good weapons

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In other news my first MR Kirin kill, I read across reddit posts bitching about how hard MR Kirin is, but laughed it off as noobs complaining. :rofl:

Then I failed 2-3 MR Kirin quests :( , but did this without carting even once

Used my HBG because didn't want to risk hit bounce-> zapped by kirin using LS or any other melee.

Oh man the 'Grand Appreciation Festival' is up now. I really love this fest as it has a beautiful Seliana hub decoration and the music in it is something I'd probably never want to turn off, ever!

E9zERnyVEAMTosD?format=jpg&name=4096x409

OST here:

On 8/26/2021 at 5:57 PM, PhantomShade said:

So you get around by rolling about basically?

I've heard this has slow sheathe speed and doesn't have Lance's charge, so i guess rolling it is.

Will try this out once i get the MR to do the Raging Brachy quest, seems to have good weapons

No no. You can't roll when gunlance is unsheathe. You rather hop as per the directional input. So, to cover more distance you need evade extender and for better iframes well evade up. Something along the lines of this video:

Edited by Satania

So this is my second Kirin kill, went with the R11 Fulgur Anja HBG, it's half than last time's 34 mins it took me, and that to with sleep bombing :rofl:

I guess sticky 3 + spread 3 shots to the face are the way to go, nothing else is needed, same gun and strat also helped me to kill Teo in 28 mins.

I guess I just suck with LS :fear:

Planning on making a teo-kirin mixed set for HBG, so my journey Shara and beyond is comfy yet kills don't take forever.

So finally broke the Shara-Gate

I was spamming spread 3 during the rock armor phase, then when the rocks were off stayed close to it's legs/tail and spammed sticky on it for safe damage.

ran out of gunpowder 3, so no sticky any more :rofl:

After using spread 3 on the legs/tail again after tenderizing, tried wyvern's fire, took around 10-12 rounds total to finally kill it.

Only nail biting finish of a fight in Iceborne till now :fear:

I checked the Guiding Lands section on quest board and saw some shitty bottom tier monsters, guess It's Grinding Lands after all, will have to kill all this thrash to level up the regions for all the good monsters to come out

Thank god there's a Zinogre event quest.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, PhantomShade said:

So finally broke the Shara-Gate

I was spamming spread 3 during the rock armor phase, then when the rocks were off stayed close to it's legs/tail and spammed sticky on it for safe damage.

ran out of gunpowder 3, so no sticky any more :rofl:

After using spread 3 on the legs/tail again after tenderizing, tried wyvern's fire, took around 10-12 rounds total to finally kill it.

Only nail biting finish of a fight in Iceborne till now :fear:

I checked the Guiding Lands section on quest board and saw some shitty bottom tier monsters, guess It's Grinding Lands after all, will have to kill all this thrash to level up the regions for all the good monsters to come out

Thank god there's a Zinogre event quest.

Awesome, congrats! Now it's onto the grind-fest. Hit Zinogre and build his Spread 3 HBG and you'll have a kick-a*s build lined up. The Guiding Lands is actually a lot of fun, as an end game content.  As opposed to the tempered monster RNG boredom from the base game, you'll find this to be a huge step up. This is basically expedition mode done right. Each monster you kill/break parts drops shinies and they have actual value for them in terms of being useful to augment your equipment. It's also a great place for farming for Master rank and also crowns achievements. You can SoS it all day for maximum fun as there is no penalty for faints from anyone. Even if you die, no big deal, it just reduces a bit of the rewards. Else you just drop in a have a blast.

Better start with Safi farming too as you'll need those Dracolites for it's HBGs and also to learn it's siege mechanics. Hope you're doing the Steamworks run; it's basically free items. If not, do start and use the Zinogre event quest 'A farewell to Zinogre' to get easy fuel for steamworks. 

3 hours ago, Ethan_Hunt said:

Awesome, congrats! Now it's onto the grind-fest. Hit Zinogre and build his Spread 3 HBG and you'll have a kick-a*s build lined up. The Guiding Lands is actually a lot of fun, as an end game content.  As opposed to the tempered monster RNG boredom from the base game, you'll find this to be a huge step up. This is basically expedition mode done right. Each monster you kill/break parts drops shinies and they have actual value for them in terms of being useful to augment your equipment. It's also a great place for farming for Master rank and also crowns achievements. You can SoS it all day for maximum fun as there is no penalty for faints from anyone. Even if you die, no big deal, it just reduces a bit of the rewards. Else you just drop in a have a blast.

Better start with Safi farming too as you'll need those Dracolites for it's HBGs and also to learn it's siege mechanics. Hope you're doing the Steamworks run; it's basically free items. If not, do start and use the Zinogre event quest 'A farewell to Zinogre' to get easy fuel for steamworks. 

These rewards are like money or the monster mats?

I am going to grind the Zinogre event quest now, capped my first one yesterday in like 20 mins, what a highly energetic monster, especially when he gets powered up and does the 4 ground slam combo.

Really good additions in Iceborne tbh, all unique abilities and movesets of monsters.

26 minutes ago, PhantomShade said:

These rewards are like money or the monster mats?

I am going to grind the Zinogre event quest now, capped my first one yesterday in like 20 mins, what a highly energetic monster, especially when he gets powered up and does the 4 ground slam combo.

Really good additions in Iceborne tbh, all unique abilities and movesets of monsters.

Materials mainly. There is no money obtained for clearing TGL monsters. It's just research points, zone level XP, your rank boost and monster material rewards. 

After every hunt, be sure to fly back to your camp to submit the kill to the handler. This way you'll secure those mats and if you forget to do that and go on continuous monster hunts and keep dying it all decrease the rewards for all hunts that were not submitted. 

For the start, don't focus on this as the base level monsters mats are practically useless as you'll need mats for Tier 12 weapon and gear augmentation. Those would only be via tempered monster drops. So for now just keep leveling the zones. You can have max of 3 zones at level 7 in a normal situation. Hence don't bother solo'ing everything. Just pop a flare and have someone tag along to hunt collectively.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Ethan_Hunt said:

Materials mainly. There is no money obtained for clearing TGL monsters. It's just research points, zone level XP, your rank boost and monster material rewards. 

After every hunt, be sure to fly back to your camp to submit the kill to the handler. This way you'll secure those mats and if you forget to do that and go on continuous monster hunts and keep dying it all decrease the rewards for all hunts that were not submitted. 

For the start, don't focus on this as the base level monsters mats are practically useless as you'll need mats for Tier 12 weapon and gear augmentation. Those would only be via tempered monster drops. So for now just keep leveling the zones. You can have max of 3 zones at level 7 in a normal situation. Hence don't bother solo'ing everything. Just pop a flare and have someone tag along to hunt collectively.

Thanks for the tips.

Speaking of which, any tips for King Kong?

People weren't exaggerating about the chimp

f**ker hits like a truck and doesnt f**king stay still.

I need to hunt him for the helmet that gives wex 2 for my zinogre HBG comfy build :(

10 hours ago, PhantomShade said:

Thanks for the tips.

Speaking of which, any tips for King Kong?

People weren't exaggerating about the chimp

f**ker hits like a truck and doesnt f**king stay still.

I need to hunt him for the helmet that gives wex 2 for my zinogre HBG comfy build :(

Rajang has some openings but he's extremely mobile, so you'll have to do the same. If you're using HBG without any shield mods, then focus on adding evade extender to dodge roll out. Sheathing animation is way too long for HBG, so avoid that unless you're absolutely sure he won't attack, If you're just looking for a few hunts with him, I'd say use the Sticky 3 LBG build if you have one. A few shots to the head and he'll KO'd then Wyvernblast his a*s. You can use your Palico to draw aggro using shieldspire stooge; this should take some heat off you. 

Use traps and craft them if you run out. It should allow for a few good shots as well. The openings would mainly be when he does his thunder breath attack, that animation locks him in one position, so you can use that to your advantage. I have seen so many people using Greatsword against him recently. You can probably give that a shot too. Here's a good video to avoid his attacks. You'll definitely need to practice as his higher tier variant, Furious Rajang is equally menacing. If all else fails, you can always SoS. :) 

4 hours ago, Ethan_Hunt said:

Rajang has some openings but he's extremely mobile, so you'll have to do the same. If you're using HBG without any shield mods, then focus on adding evade extender to dodge roll out. Sheathing animation is way too long for HBG, so avoid that unless you're absolutely sure he won't attack, If you're just looking for a few hunts with him, I'd say use the Sticky 3 LBG build if you have one. A few shots to the head and he'll KO'd then Wyvernblast his a*s. You can use your Palico to draw aggro using shieldspire stooge; this should take some heat off you. 

Use traps and craft them if you run out. It should allow for a few good shots as well. The openings would mainly be when he does his thunder breath attack, that animation locks him in one position, so you can use that to your advantage. I have seen so many people using Greatsword against him recently. You can probably give that a shot too. Here's a good video to avoid his attacks. You'll definitely need to practice as his higher tier variant, Furious Rajang is equally menacing. If all else fails, you can always SoS. :) 

I am using a 1x shield mod HBG with Guard 4 skill.

The chimp and his spastic attack animations end up getting behind me.

It doesn't help that his hitzones are sh*t, you just cannot tenderize without temporal/rocksteady on, and if I fire my spread 3s, the guy is so fast he can hit me during the shooting animation :rofl:

I read up about some Yian Garuga LBG build, it has RF Spread 2, will probably try that if the current HBG setup doesn't work out

12 years back in MHFU on the PSP this chimp was introduced, and even there he was probably the hardest monster only after the Fat-Alice trio, now I know why :(

So finally killed the Electric Ape with 3 guys and one Pickle dinosaur carrying me

Which allowed me to complete this totally meta yet comfy af Zinogre HBG based set, just need one Zinogre horn to upgrade to Mighnting+

48 minutes ago, Ethan_Hunt said:

Nice, very close to the Loyal Thunder now. Just run a few gold Zinogre investigations and that should provide the essential materials. No shield 2 jewel yet?

This is the guard up one right? I have one, should slot it in place of the divine blessing gem

Loyal thunder needs some bone material that only drops from Tempered monsters, who instead only appear in the GL when a region is leveled up to 6, A long grind awaits me.

Btw I am MR43 rn, how much more till Safi seige is unlocked? or is it already on and I haven't noticed?

30 minutes ago, PhantomShade said:

This is the guard up one right? I have one, should slot it in place of the divine blessing gem

Loyal thunder needs some bone material that only drops from Tempered monsters, who instead only appear in the GL when a region is leveled up to 6, A long grind awaits me.

Btw I am MR43 rn, how much more till Safi seige is unlocked? or is it already on and I haven't noticed?

Oh yeah totally forgot about the spiritvein solidbone needed to craft it. Dam it! Not sure if elder melder can craft that prior to obtaining it once. I'll check in my session later.

Safi's requirement is MR24 or higher but you need to go through all the special assignments and it unlocks after Stygian Zinogre special assignment. You'll be allowed to do it's recon and then off to the siege sessions. Better get to it while this festival is going on. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Ethan_Hunt said:

Oh yeah totally forgot about the spiritvein solidbone needed to craft it. Dam it! Not sure if elder melder can craft that prior to obtaining it once. I'll check in my session later.

Safi's requirement is MR24 or higher but you need to go through all the special assignments and it unlocks after Stygian Zinogre special assignment. You'll be allowed to do it's recon and then off to the siege sessions. Better get to it while this festival is going on. 

are player still active for siege on steam? Although if I remember correctly, they scale safi as per the no. of people in the quest now. else it was recommended to have atleast 8 people in a lobby to farm it easily.

Just went to the GL to level up Forest to 3, killed the normal thrash jagras, pukei and tobi.

then decided to lure out Zinogre, killed him too, got some Tigrex item with a paw mark on it, this unlocked the option for tigrex to be lured.

Did that, Killed Tiggy too :rofl:

This Zino HBG is so OP :roflroll: 

Massacred 5 monsters in just what 40 mins back to back.

Such powa

Much big numbers

very meta

such comf

wow.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Satania said:

are player still active for siege on steam? Although if I remember correctly, they scale safi as per the no. of people in the quest now. else it was recommended to have atleast 8 people in a lobby to farm it easily.

Don't know mate, I'm on PlayStation. But yeah, PC should still be active. The solo Safi scaling is there but not worth the effort. Siege with an almost full lobby should do the trick. I did multiple runs yesterday with a couple of MR999 and got level 14 or so on siege completion before PSN issues kicked in. It's a hit or miss honestly with a random group, but good way to get started on some dracolites.

1 hour ago, PhantomShade said:

Just went to the GL to level up Forest to 3, killed the normal thrash jagras, pukei and tobi.

then decided to lure out Zinogre, killed him too, got some Tigrex item with a paw mark on it, this unlocked the option for tigrex to be lured.

Did that, Killed Tiggy too :rofl:

This Zino HBG is so OP :roflroll: 

Massacred 5 monsters in just what 40 mins back to back.

Such powa

Much big numbers

very meta

such comf

wow.

Perfect! Pop the shield 2 jewel (Guard up) for full comfort. Safi's burstcannon is great for Spread 3 as well. Enjoy the Loyal Thunder, it's super fun for blazing fast DPS.