Monster Hunter: World

Heaven Angel

32 minutes ago, Ethan_Hunt said:

Don't know mate, I'm on PlayStation. But yeah, PC should still be active. The solo Safi scaling is there but not worth the effort. Siege with an almost full lobby should do the trick. I did multiple runs yesterday with a couple of MR999 and got level 14 or so on siege completion before PSN issues kicked in. It's a hit or miss honestly with a random group, but good way to get started on some dracolites.

Perfect! Pop the shield 2 jewel (Guard up) for full comfort. Safi's burstcannon is great for Spread 3 as well. Enjoy the Loyal Thunder, it's super fun for blazing fast DPS. 

Yes I did this after you suggested earlier.

Does this guard up skill block the grabs also? because  Anja did his grab move on me, and i'm not sure whether I had the weapon drawn or not.

I also got that Garuga LBG just for chimp farming :rofl:

Hope I get to MR49 soon, need to unlock those Tempered monsters.

btw with my current set can I take on Safi? back in HR you needed maxed out weapons and armor from the other stuff to make a dent on KT, so asking if this is doable without having the best of best gear.

10 hours ago, PhantomShade said:

Yes I did this after you suggested earlier.

Does this guard up skill block the grabs also? because  Anja did his grab move on me, and i'm not sure whether I had the weapon drawn or not.

I also got that Garuga LBG just for chimp farming :rofl:

Hope I get to MR49 soon, need to unlock those Tempered monsters.

btw with my current set can I take on Safi? back in HR you needed maxed out weapons and armor from the other stuff to make a dent on KT, so asking if this is doable without having the best of best gear.

From the Wiki page, these are the attacks it can block:

Teostra Supernova and Flame Shower

New Master Rank Black Diablos Charge (Plants hands and then charges)

Vaal Hazak Effluvial Cloud

Deviljho Pin and Devour Attacks

Kirin Straight Heavy Lightning Bolt

Xeno'jiva Continuous Horizontal Laser beam (Fire Balls, and Vertical Beams do not require Guard Up to block)

Kulve Taroth Fire Breath

Behemoth Belly-flop and Ground Fireburst

Velkhana's Ice Breath

Shara Ishvalda's Laser Attacks

Safi'Jiiva Laser Attacks

Rajang & Furious Rajang Lightning Beam

Anjanth Pin Attack

Raging Brachydios Final Area Explosion Attack

Rathalos, Silver Rathalos & Azure Rathalos Pin Attack

Blackveil Vaal Hazak Laser Attacks

Kushala ground charged Wind Blast

Radobaan Sleep Spray

Uragaan Gas and Burning Gas Attaxk

Alatreon Exploding Circle Attack, Ice Breaths and Sweeping Fire Breath

Fatalis Charged Fire Breath

As for Safi hunt, unfortunately, this is where Spread 3 isn't viable at all. It's hitzone values are completely shot for spread 3 damage. Take the sticky 3 LBG and add part breaker on it. You can break the wings, back and head with it. The more parts your entire group breaks, the more dracolite (materials to upgrade only Safi weapons) is rewarded. Unlike Kulve, you can easily obtain the weapons from Safi siege but upgrading them is where the stupid RNG kicks in. So it's like Kulve rewards in reverse. :P 

To obtain it's weapons, once you beat Safi and go to collect the rewards, always have your desired the weapon type equipped while claiming your reward to get guaranteed chance of that weapon type. For instance, you complete the siege using Greatsword, but need HBG from the reward. You'll need to just change your weapon to any existing HBG and then collect the Safi reward. This should grant guaranteed Safi HBG from the rewards pool. Fire resistance is also essential for survival, so take a mantle. Remember part breaking is the name of the game, so part breaker skill is a must. 

Here's a perfect guide for it:

https://gamewith.net/monsterhunterworld-iceborne/article/show/14081

Edited by Ethan_Hunt
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Ethan_Hunt said:

From the Wiki page, these are the attacks it can block:

As for Safi hunt, unfortunately, this is where Spread 3 isn't viable at all. It's hitzone values are completely shot for spread 3 damage. Take the sticky 3 LBG and add part breaker on it. You can break the wings, back and head with it. The more parts your entire group breaks, the more dracolite (materials to upgrade only Safi weapons) is rewarded. Unlike Kulve, you can easily obtain the weapons from Safi siege but upgrading them is where the stupid RNG kicks in. So it's like Kulve rewards in reverse. :P 

To obtain it's weapons, once you beat Safi and go to collect the rewards, always have your desired the weapon type equipped while claiming your reward to get guaranteed chance of that weapon type. For instance, you complete the siege using Greatsword, but need HBG from the reward. You'll need to just change your weapon to any existing HBG and then collect the Safi reward. This should grant guaranteed Safi HBG from the rewards pool. Fire resistance is also essential for survival, so take a mantle. Remember part breaking is the name of the game, so part breaker skill is a must. 

Here's a perfect guide for it:

https://gamewith.net/monsterhunterworld-iceborne/article/show/14081

I already have the Garuga LBG, should be enough right? also Zorah 3 piece for the artillery boost and what other 2 pieces should i have?

I have 3x partbreaker jewels so that's not an issue.

Good atleast you can get the weapon types you want.

For the dracolite upgrades i've read that you can just Savescum if the correct stuff isn't awakened ;)

btw in Melee which is the best part for breaking Safi parts? i'd wager GS but it's mostly the same sh*t still, they haven't added new moves afaik.

1 hour ago, PhantomShade said:

I already have the Garuga LBG, should be enough right? also Zorah 3 piece for the artillery boost and what other 2 pieces should i have?

Can you send me that build please? Stick 3 scales with RAW damage, so you'll need to stack as much raw as you can. Zorah is great for maxing out artillery, combine that with agitator and attack boost. Make sure you get a spareshot charm as this will save you some ammo. Until you hit Fatalis armour, sticky armour combinations are pretty average. It's either Nargacuga armour combo for True spareshot skill or the Zorah one for Artillery boost. Zorah + spareshot charm is a good option. For stick 3 LBG, Safi's aquashot is perfect once you get hold of it and upgrade it to max level. 

On second thought, you can probably run a Sticky 3 HBG too like this one and probably swap around some gems to have Guard added on for comfort. 

For the dracolite upgrades i've read that you can just Savescum if the correct stuff isn't awakened

Oh yeah, I have never actually got around to trying that out. At the time when I was farming Safi, it was full house (launch day), so got tons of dracolite. ;) 

But if it works, then it should save you some random frustrating runs. Man this is when I really wish Capcom had allowed crossplay for this game. It would have been great to team up. :( 

btw in Melee which is the best part for breaking Safi parts? i'd wager GS but it's mostly the same sh*t still, they haven't added new moves afaik.

GS for sure. It's great for cutting off it's tail and breaking the chest, both of which take a long time, but grants a lot of bonus points to the overall part breaks. The lowest points are for fore and hind legs (20 each) and they each have ton of HP, so not worth going for in the long run. Hammer is great too for head and chest breaks. 

?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett

So got the Burstcannon, how should I go about getting the "awakened" abilities? also can this be augmented like normal weapons?

I also have a Safi Venomblade, it's an LS, is it good? like enough to replace my Radiant Flow LS for further Safi hunts.

Also is there any list of good safi weps out there? I just know a few like Aquashot LBG is good for water/sticky, Shatterblade is a good Blast and even normal LS and all.

Since there is only 3 weapons limit.

20 minutes ago, PhantomShade said:

So got the Burstcannon, how should I go about getting the "awakened" abilities? also can this be augmented like normal weapons?

I also have a Safi Venomblade, it's an LS, is it good? like enough to replace my Radiant Flow LS for further Safi hunts.

Also is there any list of good safi weps out there? I just know a few like Aquashot LBG is good for water/sticky, Shatterblade is a good Blast and even normal LS and all.

Getting a awakened ability is quite a grind honestly. getting weapons is easier than kulve taroth weapons, but awakened abilities....

Anyways, would recommend this guide:

It should cover most of your doubts.

12 hours ago, PhantomShade said:

You'll need dracolite that you get upon completing the Safi siege. You got to the smithy and have the relevant Safi weapon 'awakened' using those dracolites. This is where some serious RNG kicks in and on each upgrade, it's like a dice roll. You can any 3 upgrade choices which you then need to pick and see if it's suits your weapon and apply it. For example, one roll will have affinity, attack and status increase and you'll need to pick one of these and apply it to your weapon. The more you apply each value to your weapon, chances are you'll get a higher tier upgrade on your next roll i.e Attack increase I, II, III, IV, V etc. You can check the upgrade path for the Bustcannon you need from the build I posted on earlier page (3 Attack increase V, Spread Capacity III and Recoil supressor).

Venomblade is poison LS, so no, not useful.

12 hours ago, PhantomShade said:

For HBG, you'll need Burstcannon for comfy spread 3 and Snipecannon for Pierce 3. For LBG, just get 2 Safi Aquashots for Water and Sticky. Everything else is Fatalis/Kulve meta (even HBG non-shield), so no point in Safi upgrades. Leave aside the Safi farming for now as you only have 2 day and it's gone; Loyal Thunder should suffice. Work your way up with the Master Rank and Guiding Lands levels. I'd go with leveling up Coral, Volcanic and Tundra regions to level 7. It will take a while, but worth it. Then slowly make your way towards completing Special assignments that lead upto Fatalis. You'll need to let go off the Spread 3 for a while once you hit Alatreon and Fatalis. Especially for Alatreon, you'll need to have an elemental weapon to meet it's DPS check shenanigans. 

@SataniaDo you play on console or PC?

16 hours ago, Satania said:

Getting a awakened ability is quite a grind honestly. getting weapons is easier than kulve taroth weapons, but awakened abilities....

Anyways, would recommend this guide:

It should cover most of your doubts.

4 hours ago, Ethan_Hunt said:

You'll need dracolite that you get upon completing the Safi siege. You got to the smithy and have the relevant Safi weapon 'awakened' using those dracolites. This is where some serious RNG kicks in and on each upgrade, it's like a dice roll. You can any 3 upgrade choices which you then need to pick and see if it's suits your weapon and apply it. For example, one roll will have affinity, attack and status increase and you'll need to pick one of these and apply it to your weapon. The more you apply each value to your weapon, chances are you'll get a higher tier upgrade on your next roll i.e Attack increase I, II, III, IV, V etc. You can check the upgrade path for the Bustcannon you need from the build I posted on earlier page (3 Attack increase V, Spread Capacity III and Recoil supressor).

Venomblade is poison LS, so no, not useful.

For HBG, you'll need Burstcannon for comfy spread 3 and Snipecannon for Pierce 3. For LBG, just get 2 Safi Aquashots for Water and Sticky. Everything else is Fatalis/Kulve meta (even HBG non-shield), so no point in Safi upgrades. Leave aside the Safi farming for now as you only have 2 day and it's gone; Loyal Thunder should suffice. Work your way up with the Master Rank and Guiding Lands levels. I'd go with leveling up Coral, Volcanic and Tundra regions to level 7. It will take a while, but worth it. Then slowly make your way towards completing Special assignments that lead upto Fatalis. You'll need to let go off the Spread 3 for a while once you hit Alatreon and Fatalis. Especially for Alatreon, you'll need to have an elemental weapon to meet it's DPS check shenanigans. 

@SataniaDo you play on console or PC?

Ok thanks for the inputs guys.

I upgraded the Venomblade with the dracolites, focussing on attack ups and one sharpness and affinity each, and it's sh*ts all over the radiant flow :rofl: , for now it's good till i hit MR70 and get the Goldian LS

I agree the poison is pointless tho.

Kept Burstcannon as it is, probably will need scumming since I did a test run with dracolites and never could get the spread capacity to appear, so rolled back to previous save.

In other news I was doing this tempered zinogre event quest for the daily bounties( today you get one celestial wyverian print )

And I got this in the rewards

Not a single deco was sh*t.

No a single one.

I have 300 hours but i've never seen such a good lineup of decos till date

God Bless Capcom

2 hours ago, PhantomShade said:

In other news I was doing this tempered zinogre event quest for the daily bounties( today you get one celestial wyverian print )

And I got this in the rewards

Not a single deco was sh*t.

No a single one.

I have 300 hours but i've never seen such a good lineup of decos till date

God Bless Capcom

It was the best quest to farm really rare jewels. However, we got much better quest since then with tempered Teostra, Lunastra & Kushala quests in Seliana Supply Cache (individual quests I mean). It's way better than the Zinogre one as it's in one small area with tons of artillery options and guaranteed 3 sealed feystones reward. Teo is dead easy to farm and so we end up running his quest 'Day of Ruin' most of the time. You'd need to be MR100 I think for these quests though. But yeah, jewel farming is much easier now. Much needed change over that shitty base world farming. 

Edited by Ethan_Hunt

Finally got the Safi Aquashot and 2x Zionium crystals from carve of ded Safi.

Took me around 50 mins I guess since we had to start from scratch so 3x Safi quests back to back with some other teams also running the quest in the session.

So I killed( or rather the other 3 guys did :P ) Alatreon, there's the special assignment now after which Fat-Alice gets unlocked, so what should I build for fatty?

People on the internet say switch axe sword mode is good, the strat is to clutch his face and then unload ZSD, so for that do I get an Alatreon Swaxe and go with an elemental build, or raging brachy swaxe or something else?

I have around 4 setups now, one is a longsword/MT one which I'll get the Goldian LS for or maybe Brachy LS, Aquashot sticky build, the Zinogre Shield HBG build and this elemental LBG build I used vs Alatreon, so are any of these good or should I switch to swagaxe for the big Fatty fight?

Also for Fatty, do I need to augment my weapons? or do base weapons work?

4 hours ago, PhantomShade said:

So I killed( or rather the other 3 guys did :P ) Alatreon, there's the special assignment now after which Fat-Alice gets unlocked, so what should I build for fatty?

People on the internet say switch axe sword mode is good, the strat is to clutch his face and then unload ZSD, so for that do I get an Alatreon Swaxe and go with an elemental build, or raging brachy swaxe or something else?

I have around 4 setups now, one is a longsword/MT one which I'll get the Goldian LS for or maybe Brachy LS, Aquashot sticky build, the Zinogre Shield HBG build and this elemental LBG build I used vs Alatreon, so are any of these good or should I switch to swagaxe for the big Fatty fight?

The next special assignment is again Alatreon, albeit a nerfed version. So shouldn't be too difficult. 

ZSD spam is absolutely boring and is not recommended unless you're not familiar with it's core mechanics. This is going to be a very difficult fight in solo. You need to go in completely augmented, no two ways about it, else one-shot hits welcomes you to it's world. Pick a weapon you're perfectly comfortable with and roll with it. I'd advise against ranged (HBG/LBG) as you'd need something to reliably break it's head at least once before the 3rd phase, else it gains a blue flame attack which we one shot you if you get hit.

You'd just need to focus on 2 parts; head and chest. If you're good with the Greatsword, now's the time to use it. Get the Raging Brachy GS or Alatreon and start practicing. Use arsenal in that area; Ballista, Cannons, Turrets and one shot binder. Pop Heavy Artillery Jewels on your Temporal mantle to boost the cannon damage. YouTube the start phase with Ghillie mantle cannon for free damage and knock down (link below). 

Study all it's move sets, openings, weakness and i-Frame timings. Fire resistance needs to be in positive numbers as it's pretty much fire attacks non-stop. This is a battle you do no want to go in unprepared, just like Alatreon. This fight will make all of the Dark Souls boss battles look like cake-walk. :P 

Watch a few vids to get a basic understanding of it's fight mechanics. Rest is all about practice, just be prepared to die (a lot). My biggest advise would be to solo it as you'll truly feel victorious at the end, something like Rocky Balboa after battling Mr.T or Drago (minus the speech). This has turned out to be my best fight in the entire game and I have now literally slayed him like 120+ times (last I checked). You'll really need to earn this as the reward, as you know, is the most broken armour and weapons in the entire game. Go ahead mate and rock the show. Be sure to tell us how many times you got sish kebab'd later. ;) 

20 hours ago, PhantomShade said:

For fatalis, personally I would say go with great sword, alatreon great sword. Augmentation is a must, I died a lot and still do as I haven't been able to grind in guiding lands for materials for augmentation. It took me like 6-7 hrs of dying just to get my first kill, because I still don't have materials for augmentation and well to max out my damage I was using safi set without the health augment. So, won't recommend going unprepared like I did. Also, if you don't wanna go blind would recommend this guide by Gaijin hunter.

At the start would recommend using flinch shot and focusing on head to break its heads easier, add in part breaker for easy part break for the fight, also add in heavy artillery jewel to mow him down with weapons around the arena.

5 hours ago, Satania said:

For fatalis, personally I would say go with great sword, alatreon great sword. Augmentation is a must, I died a lot and still do as I haven't been able to grind in guiding lands for materials for augmentation. It took me like 6-7 hrs of dying just to get my first kill, because I still don't have materials for augmentation and well to max out my damage I was using safi set without the health augment. So, won't recommend going unprepared like I did. Also, if you don't wanna go blind would recommend this guide by Gaijin hunter.

At the start would recommend using flinch shot and focusing on head to break its heads easier, add in part breaker for easy part break for the fight, also add in heavy artillery jewel to mow him down with weapons around the arena.

It's better than Brachy GS?

21 hours ago, Ethan_Hunt said:

The next special assignment is again Alatreon, albeit a nerfed version. So shouldn't be too difficult. 

ZSD spam is absolutely boring and is not recommended unless you're not familiar with it's core mechanics. This is going to be a very difficult fight in solo. You need to go in completely augmented, no two ways about it, else one-shot hits welcomes you to it's world. Pick a weapon you're perfectly comfortable with and roll with it. I'd advise against ranged (HBG/LBG) as you'd need something to reliably break it's head at least once before the 3rd phase, else it gains a blue flame attack which we one shot you if you get hit.

You'd just need to focus on 2 parts; head and chest. If you're good with the Greatsword, now's the time to use it. Get the Raging Brachy GS or Alatreon and start practicing. Use arsenal in that area; Ballista, Cannons, Turrets and one shot binder. Pop Heavy Artillery Jewels on your Temporal mantle to boost the cannon damage. YouTube the start phase with Ghillie mantle cannon for free damage and knock down (link below). 

Study all it's move sets, openings, weakness and i-Frame timings. Fire resistance needs to be in positive numbers as it's pretty much fire attacks non-stop. This is a battle you do no want to go in unprepared, just like Alatreon. This fight will make all of the Dark Souls boss battles look like cake-walk. :P 

Watch a few vids to get a basic understanding of it's fight mechanics. Rest is all about practice, just be prepared to die (a lot). My biggest advise would be to solo it as you'll truly feel victorious at the end, something like Rocky Balboa after battling Mr.T or Drago (minus the speech). This has turned out to be my best fight in the entire game and I have now literally slayed him like 120+ times (last I checked). You'll really need to earn this as the reward, as you know, is the most broken armour and weapons in the entire game. Go ahead mate and rock the show. Be sure to tell us how many times you got sish kebab'd later. ;) 

I used GS only throughout most of HR but now spoilt by Ranged options :P

Is LS ok for fatty? I find LS better mainly because of mobility without having to sacrifice on DPS, so If I'm going LS, should I go alatreon or Raging brachy LS?

I mean LS with 2-3 partbreaker jewels should be enough to break his head right? I know GS has some hidden part break modifier :fear:

Anyway I have no clue about the other weapons, but seeing the stats and ammo capacity on the fatty HBG the first time i was literally like this:eyepop:

Also Fatty beta armor has like 3x lvl4 deco slots for every single piece :fogug: Truly Ultimate Armor in the game, better get to MR100 for that Tempered Teo deco grind quest :P

16 minutes ago, PhantomShade said:

Is LS ok for fatty? I find LS better mainly because of mobility without having to sacrifice on DPS, so If I'm going LS, should I go alatreon or Raging brachy LS?

Yep, LS is absolutely fine. Both are strong choices. Alatreon has larger purple sharpness and Brachy has blast. I'd probably go with Alatreon but feel free to pick whichever has the higher RAW attack. 

Most of your DPS focus should be on the chest and to build your spirit meter up for dropping the helm splitter on the head as soon as you get any long openings (eg: wide cone breath attack). Partbreaker should help you reach that threshold a bit faster. But do not ignore any other opening you may find between that to focus on head damage.

3 hours ago, PhantomShade said:

It's better than Brachy GS?

I used GS only throughout most of HR but now spoilt by Ranged options :P

I mean LS with 2-3 partbreaker jewels should be enough to break his head right? I know GS has some hidden part break modifier :fear:

Anyway I have no clue about the other weapons, but seeing the stats and ammo capacity on the fatty HBG the first time i was literally like this:eyepop:

Also Fatty beta armor has like 3x lvl4 deco slots for every single piece :fogug: Truly Ultimate Armor in the game, better get to MR100 for that Tempered Teo deco grind quest :P

Ok so, from what I know, fatalis is quite resistant to blast, and quite weak against dragon element. So, personally I feel alatreon weapons are better for extra sharpness and high dragon element.

Edited by Satania

So went up against the Big Bad today( the special assignment with A-Lister )

Most of his attacks 1 shotted me if i wasn't at full HP or blocking.

Also you have to hit his chest to make him flinch, then he gets on all fours, then you go for the head/ do a wallbang correct?

Now I went with an HBG, but can you hit the chest area with an LS/GS?

Or does the game count his full chest/crotch/legs are one giant hitbox?

I realized it's most cancerous when you maintain a distance from him, if you stick to his crotch it seems more manageable.

Anyway it looks like it's not possible to kill this big lizard without having upwards of 1k defense, for which I need those spirit vein gems that you get from T3 monsters, which are only unlocked at MR100 :(

I'm at MR85 rn, will be quite a while I guess :yawn:

They should've kept Fatty behind an MR100 lock tbh.

On 9/19/2021 at 6:34 PM, PhantomShade said:

Also you have to hit his chest to make him flinch, then he gets on all fours, then you go for the head/ do a wallbang correct?

Yep, a wallbang when he's on all fours will net you the highest damage. Be careful though, when he drops after a flinch, it's a pin on the hunter. So if you don't maintain distance, you'll get pinned to the ground and take a huge damage.

The wide cone breath is where you'll have the best window for full head attack, slinger burst to TCS (if on GS) or Helm breaker (LS). With GS, you'll need quick sheath and evade window. Try a Frostcraft build if possible. See if you can add a few levels of divine blessing, it will save you in some tight situation, once it procs.

Now I went with an HBG, but can you hit the chest area with an LS/GS?

Or does the game count his full chest/crotch/legs are one giant hitbox?

Hind legs are independent. Chest are is pretty large, so the hitbox is very easy and can't be missed when he stand upright on his hindlegs. Clutch claw and tenderize and you'll see the full chest area that you can deal damage on. Wings, tail and fore legs can't be tenderized; wings can be broken (but not worth it). 

Anyway it looks like it's not possible to kill this big lizard without having upwards of 1k defense, for which I need those spirit vein gems that you get from T3 monsters, which are only unlocked at MR100

Yep, augments and fire resistance can make the fight a bit bearable. Even with 1K+ defense, it still hits like a truck. You can get the Great Spiritvein gem (GSG) tempered Ruiner Nergi's quest 'Ode to Destruction' or something like that. It's a guaranteed 1 GSG at least. Can't remember it's MR requirement, but can't be higher than MR100, so that's the best quest if you need GSG; small area + spread 3 = insta-win. ;) 

They should've kept Fatty behind an MR100 lock tbh.

Yeah I know. People were really annoyed when it got released and had such low MR requirement. You should have seen the SoS situations back then; it was cart-ville center, left, right & round. :P 

Edited by Ethan_Hunt