Monster Hunter: World

Heaven Angel

Safi-Frostcraft.png

I made this build on that honey hunter world builder as an anti-Fatty GS build, should be enough right?

I read that there aren't many openings for TCS in the fight, so crit draw/frostcraft was the way to go

I have all the jewels( except the hard fire res one :P ) in pic, my Safi GS isn't upgraded though will have to wait another 3-4 days for everyone's favorite red dragon to re-appear.

I'm MR85 now, so will have all this ready by the time I hit MR100, ready to whup that scaly black a*s.

Will be playing GS after a long time...

• Like 1

Yep, that build looks perfect. Got all the essential stuff. You can stick more partbreaker jewels on the Glider mantle+. This mantle has the lowest cooldown time, so you should have it one on most of the hunt along with temporal mantle, which is a must. 

TCS openings are mostly when he's knocked down, tied down by the one-shot binder or para'd (if you're palico has a paralysis weapon). Till Safi gets back, craft the Alatreon or Raging Brachy GS and practice with them. You should be able to pull it off even without that Safi GS. 

?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett

So just made this build with the Raging Brachy LS, actually managed to drop his health to 22%( as per wiki ) which triggered the cutscene on the special assignment which makes SOS Flares and MP available.

With  2 carts to spare, after which the spicy lizard sent me packing :(

Anyway good progress since last time with my Zino HBG and it's 3x shield mods and Guard 5, all that shield and guard was useless :rofl:

Atleast here i was able to keep to his chest/crotch and legs most of the time.

I also realized you cannot just cheeze this guy with either the spread HBG or sticky LBG/HBG, he's way more dangerous when you're at range, like literally so many ways to char-grill you.

Sticking to his legs is safest :fear:

Aside from the time where he does the fire puke.

I hate these fire puke moves >:(

Once I reach MR100, prolly will farm for more slots to add the one deco slot and augment all armor to max.

Also I like this lizard when he does all his special moves, complete with his dark souls like music, does justice to the MH lore of EDs being "Forces of Nature"

This guy was the "end boss" even in MHF2 and MHFU on the PSP 10+ years ago

There are even now bad quality videos of 11 years back about this guy, so I just picked this cleaner video by this dude.

You had to download his quest as DLC, and I didn't have Wifi that time, still somehow downloaded it through wifi hotspot.

In the end couldn't defeat him, not even last 5 mins :rofl:

On PSP there was no online multiplayer, and neither were there nice items like farcaster or quick crafting or wearing ghillie mantle and shooting cannons at him so there was no chance at all.

I played MHF2 as an LS main only, since the bow and guns were utter sh*t, and the guard weapons were again sh*t with high stamina use, chip damage and knockback :lol:

It's only fitting I settle the score with this lizard once again with the LS, now empowered by Capcom with the power of anime weebery :bananasplit:

Edited by PhantomShade

Yea, most of the black dragons like alatreon or fatalis were end game boss for online multiplayer only in previous gen. Capcom didn't even marketed them as such, and they were still popular among players. Now, you can just get one copy on ppsspp and play online with hunsterverse network for old psp mh games like mhfu or mf3prd.

Also, I had great luck with respect to my save would crash each time I reached G rank. Happened thrice too, kek.

Finally I am MR100.

Now onto Safi for his mats.

And grinding for GSV gems.

Also that tempered Teo quest for those sealed feystones.

idk why they kept Nergi for an MR100 mission, was a total pushover tbh.

They also removed his signature HR attacks, like the 360 sweep into the fist pound, or the divebomb once spikes turn black which launches spikes all around him.

On 9/22/2021 at 8:36 PM, Satania said:

Yea, most of the black dragons like alatreon or fatalis were end game boss for online multiplayer only in previous gen. Capcom didn't even marketed them as such, and they were still popular among players. Now, you can just get one copy on ppsspp and play online with hunsterverse network for old psp mh games like mhfu or mf3prd.

Also, I had great luck with respect to my save would crash each time I reached G rank. Happened thrice too, kek.

Just googled this, such a dedicated community to make this hunterverse thing, it was a pain back in the day on PSP you had to solo everything, today you can just SOS flare .

btw what are the best regions to get to level 7

till now I have found out you need Tundra for Velkhana and guaranteed Tempered Nergi spawn, Volcanic for most tempered EDs and Rajang spawn, and Coral for Tempered Kirin/Nami.

Forest seems useless, and idk about rotten and wildspire.

1 hour ago, PhantomShade said:

btw what are the best regions to get to level 7

till now I have found out you need Tundra for Velkhana and guaranteed Tempered Nergi spawn, Volcanic for most tempered EDs and Rajang spawn, and Coral for Tempered Kirin/Nami.

Forest seems useless, and idk about rotten and wildspire.

Depends on the augments you'd need. I'd  stick with Tundra, Volcanic & Coral at level 7. 

7 hours ago, PhantomShade said:

Just googled this, such a dedicated community to make this hunterverse thing, it was a pain back in the day on PSP you had to solo everything, today you can just SOS flare .

Ye, I know. I have been with them folks since evolve days. At that time they would use evolve too hunt online on ppsspp, was fun times. Now it got too big and well, I kinda stopped after the mhw release.

I just did one Safi seige like 2-3 quests with the same dudes.

The 2nd time we managed to break both horns because of me and this pro dude who started with aquashot and switched to some CB  later

I didn't get even a single horn :cry: but it gave me the zionium crystal instead :rofl:

I just need 2 horns for the Safi helm, rest of the set pieces i've already built

f*ck this rng.

Only good thing was that these dudes were fun to play with, one guy was doing wide range healing, all the other 3 were tenderizing his parts aside from the dude who helped with the wing and double head break.

Best bit was we put safi to sleep 3x times, everyone was smart enough to f*cking stop, everyone put the bombs at his head, i put the mines, and let the CB dude do his SAED <3

Really wish i had friends who played this instead of Dopa 2, these guys came close, no stupid sh*t at all.

Yeah some of the folks are absolutely spectacular and well coordinated when it comes to siege fights. Always good to send them friend request or a squad request to probably meet up with them later if possible. 

Also, quick tip of you're running low on dracolites. Each Safi fight you complete, you'll end up picking up some random weapon. If you're never going to use it, just exchange it with the elder melder who will give you dracolites in exchange for it.

1 hour ago, Ethan_Hunt said:

Yeah some of the folks are absolutely spectacular and well coordinated when it comes to siege fights. Always good to send them friend request or a squad request to probably meet up with them later if possible. 

Also, quick tip of you're running low on dracolites. Each Safi fight you complete, you'll end up picking up some random weapon. If you're never going to use it, just exchange it with the elder melder who will give you dracolites in exchange for it.

I know :P

I'm swimming in weapon rn, like have one of each of those Safi LBGs I guess.

Still no horns bc crapcom :ranting:

• Haha 1

In other news, I finally managed to get my Expert Jewel +4 not once but twice in the same day. I already had the 2 which Capcom had provided for free prior to this but these are the first ones I legitimately farmed and finally sealed off all my rare jewel collection. :egyptian:

FAJ0YpmVEAYWfVD?format=jpg&name=large

FAJiiU0VUAY8BtL?format=jpg&name=large

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Ethan_Hunt said:

In other news, I finally managed to get my Expert Jewel +4 not once but twice in the same day. I already had the 2 which Capcom had provided for free prior to this but these are the first ones I legitimately farmed and finally sealed off all my rare jewel collection. :egyptian:

FAJ0YpmVEAYWfVD?format=jpg&name=large

FAJiiU0VUAY8BtL?format=jpg&name=large

wish RNG also gives me some good stuff like this.

I don't have even one of these 2 skill point gems of crit eye/attack boost/resentment/agitator except the one you get from the blacksmith :(

I mean all those jewel 4 slots on fatty armor won't look good with just 1 size jewels :rofl:

5 minutes ago, PhantomShade said:

wish RNG also gives me some good stuff like this.

I don't have even one of these 2 skill point gems of crit eye/attack boost/resentment/agitator except the one you get from the blacksmith :(

I mean all those jewel 4 slots on fatty armor won't look good with just 1 size jewels :rofl:

Oh trust me, once you start doing these Teo runs, you'll practically be swimming in dual and single rare gems. I used to alternate between this and the Guiding lands for it to not get repetitive. Single Agitator, Crit eye and Attack Boost are some of the extremely rare gems in the game but the combination ones should be easily obtainable once you start these deco runs. :) 

I was also practicing Longsword a few days back and I see why this is the most popular weapon on the polls. Deals heavy damage, extremely mobile and wide reach. I couldn't manage the timings on the foresight slash for the life of me. It's honestly a treat to watch the people that master this weapon and unleash it's true potential. It's like watching a swing dance. :P 

3 hours ago, Ethan_Hunt said:

Oh trust me, once you start doing these Teo runs, you'll practically be swimming in dual and single rare gems. I used to alternate between this and the Guiding lands for it to not get repetitive. Single Agitator, Crit eye and Attack Boost are some of the extremely rare gems in the game but the combination ones should be easily obtainable once you start these deco runs. :) 

I was also practicing Longsword a few days back and I see why this is the most popular weapon on the polls. Deals heavy damage, extremely mobile and wide reach. I couldn't manage the timings on the foresight slash for the life of me. It's honestly a treat to watch the people that master this weapon and unleash it's true potential. It's like watching a swing dance. :P 

Yes, I have never tried this either :fear:

because if you fail, it takes one spirit blade charge.

The one with the special sheathe tho, if you succeed, you press R2 again and it does the final roundhouse slash of the spirit blade combo, and fills your gauge.

I guess these counter moves are the "mastery" moves like how GS has the shoulder tackle .

imo these blade weapons give a much better feeling than both the bow guns, you really feel like a boss with the LS moves( special sheathe, helm breaker, spirit blade combo ) for example or when you land a GS TCS and those big numbahs pop up.

Speaking of cool I also got this Azure Era layered set for the true Samurai look :arigato:

Clown suit inside, Swag outside. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, PhantomShade said:

I guess these counter moves are the "mastery" moves like how GS has the shoulder tackle .

Yep, working them into your combos seamlessly is a sign of efficiently using the weapon. But the foresight slash feels immensely satisfying when pulled off correctly and the Iai spirit slash is truly weeb-mode counter and badass. :P 

39 minutes ago, PhantomShade said:

imo these blade weapons give a much better feeling than both the bow guns, you really feel like a boss with the LS moves( special sheathe, helm breaker, spirit blade combo ) for example or when you land a GS TCS and those big numbahs pop up.

Spot on! Melee weapons always allows you to be close to the target monster while bowguns can shoot from a good distance. Even with my spread 3, all I'm doing is just spamming R2 and release for guard to do it thing. With the Dual Blades and LS I have to be on guard every time to evade out of an incoming attack. 

42 minutes ago, PhantomShade said:

Speaking of cool I also got this Azure Era layered set for the true Samurai look

In the words of Kiryu-chan :D 

19d.gif

• Like 1

Finally killed the BIG BAD 

The lads with me were 10/10, even though they didn't have the wide-range + healing dust combo like in those safi squads

The big lizard literally died after getting hit by the dragonator :roflroll:

Also got a Fatalis Evil Eye in the carves

I love RNG now :lol:

I was doing the whole ghillie + cannons thing, the dual blades dude just came in, but he apologized :rofl:

anyway I was done with the canons anyway so smacked the lizard with those before the dual blade guy could land

There was a Lancer and a fellow weebsword user who were all smacking his head with me :rofl:

I actually got a wallbang also after the cannons.

• Haha 1

Wow! 13 mins, super fast clear time. Now you can chop away at Fatalis in his event quest. You still need more Evil eyes to build that armour and weapons though, but you're now at least in clear with the special assignment. :thumbsup:

50 minutes ago, Ethan_Hunt said:

Wow! 13 mins, super fast clear time. Now you can chop away at Fatalis in his event quest. You still need more Evil eyes to build that armour and weapons though, but you're now at least in clear with the special assignment. :thumbsup:

I already made the greaves and waist armor

Apparently breaking the wings is easy with Aquashot and part breaker 3

and of course the ghillie cannon.

Looks like will have to go for 1-2 more runs though to get the other evil eyes and the pectuses