Monster Hunter: World

Heaven Angel

16 minutes ago, Ethan_Hunt said:

Skip the early game HBG spread builds. Your first and top priority should be to wrap up the storyline and then raise your master rank up to even be able to access some of the best event quests. So try out any weapon you feel like. It's time to experiment. You can easily farm some early game jewel with the floral frostbite event quest which is dead easy and great for some base level 4 jewels. 

Now that you have your big boy pants on, it's time to take on the higher tier monsters. They hid hard and hit fast. So be careful. Get your mantles upgraded. Make sure to complete all optional events. 

The quickest non-event spread 3 HBG build is the Zinogre one (Loyal Thunder). This video will show you the best set-up for one with lower tier decos too. As for the Tobi one you mention, I think it's the Crimson Kadachi Lion, if I'm not mistaken, that would be a Pierce 3 build. I didn't touch any spread 3 builds till Loyal Thunder came along, it's literally dubbed as Glutton 2.0. 

Thanks for the event quest for decorations tip :first:

Will probably try IG now, thanks

Just did a farming run of Jagras from LR/HR/MR to get this one rarity 9 jagras hbg that seems to take ages to kill stuff, like an Anjanath for e.g, hope i can get the viper kadachi quest out of the way soon :/

21 hours ago, PhantomShade said:

Just did a farming run of Jagras from LR/HR/MR to get this one rarity 9 jagras hbg that seems to take ages to kill stuff, like an Anjanath for e.g, hope i can get the viper kadachi quest out of the way soon :/

You can start building their armours now. My most used armour was the Tigrex set which carried me till end game. Great quality of life skills built around total survival. Barrioth was my first true wall in Mater rank. So watch out for him. 

2 minutes ago, Ethan_Hunt said:

You can start building their armours now. My most used armour was the Tigrex set which carried me till end game. Great quality of life skills built around total survival. Barrioth was my first true wall in Mater rank. So watch out for him. 

I got a Beodotus waist, it has health boost x2, and slotted it with critical eye 4 jewel which gives 2 points in critical eye( earlier used to use drachen with 2x critical eye skill )

So hope i'm not as paper as before while retaining those top tier skills

also i saw one site where the top upgrade to the viper kadachi IG is enough to get you through the main story, and you need 4 piece drachen set + barroth beta+ waist to get all the correct skills while still being tanky

probably will do that, or just check out how the Anjanath HBG works

23 hours ago, Ethan_Hunt said:

Diego4.png

Yes, pic related is shredding me, on account of my paper armor.

Time to hunt MR Kulu and replace my Drachen pieces

I had planned to farm Rath for his chest piece with WE+2, but then MR Rath flame grilled me, and is seemingly flash immune now, thanks capcom.

2 hours ago, PhantomShade said:

Yes, pic related is shredding me, on account of my paper armor.

Time to hunt MR Kulu and replace my Drachen pieces

I had planned to farm Rath for his chest piece with WE+2, but then MR Rath flame grilled me, and is seemingly flash immune now, thanks capcom.

Yeah, don't rely on flash pods too much as they have been nerfed in Iceborne. Hope you're using the clutch claw to wall-bang the enemies from now on. Also remember to tenderize the monster by manually wounding monster parts and weakness exploit should kick in on that part. 

HBG has a really cool clutch claw wounding animation. Run an SoS now and it should be fairly populated in Iceborne. 

?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett

I'm in MR 3 star now, got rid of Barioth, I just cap'd Odo and one Rath to make their armor pieces, and the Rathalos was so painful, f**ker doesn't stay on the ground, flash pods are gimped, and i can't aim the claw properly on his head while he is flying.

I basically wanted to make Rathalos head and chest, but the chest needed a rathalos mantle that has a 1% spawn chance, so noped the f**k out and settled with this, i'm done being paper hunter in this game where the average single monster hunt takes f**king 25 mins.

idk why they had to boost the monster HP so much, I was thinking it's just me but many seem to be struggling like this.

19 minutes ago, PhantomShade said:

I'm in MR 3 star now, got rid of Barioth, I just cap'd Odo and one Rath to make their armor pieces, and the Rathalos was so painful, f**ker doesn't stay on the ground, flash pods are gimped, and i can't aim the claw properly on his head while he is flying.

I basically wanted to make Rathalos head and chest, but the chest needed a rathalos mantle that has a 1% spawn chance, so noped the f**k out and settled with this, i'm done being paper hunter in this game where the average single monster hunt takes f**king 25 mins.

idk why they had to boost the monster HP so much, I was thinking it's just me but many seem to be struggling like this.

Wasn't that the case with G-Rank with previous Monster Hunter titles? I remember the developer videos said that it would no longer be referred to as G-Rank in MHW and it would just be master rank. I assumed they replicated that same difficulty and just named it differently. Never played any titles before this. 

1 hour ago, Ethan_Hunt said:

Wasn't that the case with G-Rank with previous Monster Hunter titles? I remember the developer videos said that it would no longer be referred to as G-Rank in MHW and it would just be master rank. I assumed they replicated that same difficulty and just named it differently. Never played any titles before this. 

Maybe, last MH game i played was MHF2 on the PSP, there was a sequel called MHFU that had "G-Rank" but never actually got to buy or play it.

So just killed Glavenus after carting twice, and failing the Glavenus hunt quest before that.

Glavenus taught me how to use the wall slam mechanic :rofl:

Also thanks to that one Diablos for doing 1.5k damage :lol:

Every one of these MR 3 star monsters gives me gif related feelings :(

Nervous Ted Striker GIF by filmeditor

Now there's still Tee-grex( as pronounced by that noob handler ) and Mike Tyson in lizard form remaining.

So after farming about 10 MR Rathalos i finally got the Rathalos Mantle

which was all i needed to complete this absolutely meta set 

Finally I am fully free of paper HR gear, have good def and actually better skills

37 minutes ago, Ethan_Hunt said:

Hard to let go off the HBG eh? :)

Yes, so many ways to whack lizards

>sleep into mega bombs + wyvern's fire:fogug:

>para into clutch claw tenderize/wallslam or even just normal shooting spread or sticky:gunsmilie:

>sticky to their head for a down :raygun:

>Wyvernheart with that one mod that does increasing damage into their head when they fall over :bandit:

prolly will try longsword or IG in the MR 4 star quests, those are pretty much variations of the same monsters now.

Brachy is my favorite monster now, all his moves are unique, plus he's so fast and not in a cancerous way.

I think you'd probably never let go off the Zinogre HBG once you get it. The spread 3 damage on that would really shred through anything. That is till you get the higher tier HBGs for end game. After that, it's just pew pew land all the way with just jewel and augmentation material grinding to supplement the builds. 

2 hours ago, Ethan_Hunt said:

I think you'd probably never let go off the Zinogre HBG once you get it. The spread 3 damage on that would really shred through anything. That is till you get the higher tier HBGs for end game. After that, it's just pew pew land all the way with just jewel and augmentation material grinding to supplement the builds. 

Best part I like about HBG is not the just shotgunning, but the diversity of it all, so many options :rofl:

Like i just saw a video of some person sticky ammo'ing Velkhana to death, like just sticky spam, i only use it to get KO on them

I think second prolly is gunlance, but that is a clunky weapon to use

btw Iceborne's health sponge enemies have taught me to use all gameplay elements to the max, those droppable rocks, shock/pitfall traps, luring them to an area with turf war, clutch claw tenderize/wallslam B)

2 minutes ago, PhantomShade said:

Best part I like about HBG is not the just shotgunning, but the diversity of it all, so many options :rofl:

Like i just saw a video of some person sticky ammo'ing Velkhana to death, like just sticky spam, i only use it to get KO on them

btw Iceborne's health sponge enemies have taught me to use all gameplay elements to the max, those droppable rocks, shock/pitfall traps, luring them to an area with turf war, clutch claw tenderize/wallslam B)

Bowguns in general have a lot of variety and thankfully have really good amazing build options in Iceborne. The only problem is you can never run multiple ammo builds. So if you go Spread, you need that to be your primary ammo and build mod. Rest would just play support Para, Sleep, Exhaust etc. The most ultimate thing they did was integrate shield mods in HBGs in such a brilliant way that it almost rivals a Lance shield. This makes for such a comfy hunt particularly if you like playing it safe. I hate the addition of scope though, it does massive damage but holy crap is the tunnel vision just kills the whole joy out of shooting the crap out of things. :P

Sticky 3 is great in Iceborne. You can stack max artillery and KO skills and to add more damage, just drop in Cluster bombs to rain down on the monster when they are knocked down. This works like a charm in solo. You'll be booted out if you use cluster in a MP session though. ;)

Yep the added health in Iceborne really pushes you to play aggressively and use all possible environmental traps and clutchclaw's wallbang to ensure you get reduced time on those hunts. Did you wrap up Nightshade Paolumu yet?

The first time I battled this Paolumu variant, I kid you not, it took me 47 freakin' minutes just to take this peasy-a*s flying pest down. The in-game time literally changed from day to night as I kept wailing away at it with my Dual blades while constantly falling asleep with it's sleep gas. I went in blind not knowing how to fight it, suffice to say that was probably the only time I battled it. :fear1:

39 minutes ago, Ethan_Hunt said:

Bowguns in general have a lot of variety and thankfully have really good amazing build options in Iceborne. The only problem is you can never run multiple ammo builds. So if you go Spread, you need that to be your primary ammo and build mod. Rest would just play support Para, Sleep, Exhaust etc. The most ultimate thing they did was integrate shield mods in HBGs in such a brilliant way that it almost rivals a Lance shield. This makes for such a comfy hunt particularly if you like playing it safe. I hate the addition of scope though, it does massive damage but holy crap is the tunnel vision just kills the whole joy out of shooting the crap out of things. :P

Sticky 3 is great in Iceborne. You can stack max artillery and KO skills and to add more damage, just drop in Cluster bombs to rain down on the monster when they are knocked down. This works like a charm in solo. You'll be booted out if you use cluster in a MP session though. ;)

Yep the added health in Iceborne really pushes you to play aggressively and use all possible environmental traps and clutchclaw's wallbang to ensure you get reduced time on those hunts. Did you wrap up Nightshade Paolumu yet?

The first time I battled this Paolumu variant, I kid you not, it took me 47 freakin' minutes just to take this peasy-a*s flying pest down. The in-game time literally changed from day to night as I kept wailing away at it with my Dual blades while constantly falling asleep with it's sleep gas. I went in blind not knowing how to fight it, suffice to say that was probably the only time I battled it. :fear1:

I just finished the Shreiking Legiana mission B)

Batlomu was very annoying, if you're like at 100 HP, the sleep cloud + the head slam will one shot you, I killed him with HBG, it must be very painful with a melee weapon :(

Only hard monster till now was Rathalos, but mainly because I had to farm him, so got this Dead Eye Destroyer 2 HBG, it has good quantity of sleep and para rounds, 4 size sticky 2 clip and the usual 4 clip spread 3/2, got gud with that gun, and went on to farm like 10 Rathaloses :rofl:

Shreiking Legiana was a pain though, they have turned it into a Rath where it calls another normal Legiana, thankfully they focus on the cat, otherwise S. Legi's bullshit AoE icicle attacks would have failed this quest 

Going ranged weapon in Iceborne is very good tbh, since flash bombs are gimped, and while flying no melee weapon can hit their head, and clutch claw attacks are 50/50 since you get thrown off alot.

14 minutes ago, PhantomShade said:

I just finished the Shreiking Legiana mission B)

Batlomu was very annoying, if you're like at 100 HP, the sleep cloud + the head slam will one shot you, I killed him with HBG, it must be very painful with a melee weapon :(

Only hard monster till now was Rathalos, but mainly because I had to farm him, so got this Dead Eye Destroyer 2 HBG, it has good quantity of sleep and para rounds, 4 size sticky 2 clip and the usual 4 clip spread 3/2, got gud with that gun, and went on to farm like 10 Rathaloses :rofl:

Shreiking Legiana was a pain though, they have turned it into a Rath where it calls another normal Legiana, thankfully they focus on the cat, otherwise S. Legi's bullshit AoE icicle attacks would have failed this quest 

Going ranged weapon in Iceborne is very good tbh, since flash bombs are gimped, and while flying no melee weapon can hit their head, and clutch claw attacks are 50/50 since you get thrown off alot.

I don't particularly remember having a huge problem with shrieking Leggy. Her constant roars were annoying alongside the ice blight. It's fun to see how these monsters are so challenging as a starter hunter and at the end game become minced meat. Tigrex was another pain for me. The amount of times you farmed Rathalos is the exact same thing I had to do with Tigrex and it was a nightmare before I got his full armour set and finally got some survivability. 

Do you get into SoS hunts? 

14 hours ago, PhantomShade said:

I can understand why you think that lol. but it is one of the fastest way to catch up to monsters in a fight granted you have certain skills, like evade extender and one more, I think evade timing iirc.

With that you shall be backhopping like mad man, giving no space to the monsters.

I'll share the build later on. Also backhopping to defeat a monster is hella of a fun

So switched to this one Narga LS called Hidden Saber, this is the reward screen when i hunted him to get the mats for the upgrade.

Very stress free hunt compared to when i was using the donnerkanone+, HBG with the shield is very tedious against these fast multiple hitting monsters, guess I will need to build in guard skills once I get Mightning HBG.

Till then it's probably LS, feel real good with these decent dmg hits and quick sheath times/rolls tbh