Monster Hunter: World

Heaven Angel

• 3 weeks later...

^^ piracy is the only reason I can think of to postpone a release so they can make decent enough sales from the consoles during the initial period. Giving the nature of the game I think it will connected online so worries of piracy. Ac Origins is still holding and I hope it stays like that way for a long time. 

17 hours ago, adity said:

I don't think PC impacts console sales at all. Very few people own both console and PC. 

I don't think it'll be always online. No other Monster Hunter games have done that. 

Btw the game has historically gotten very good post launch support. And most DLCs are free. 

I could never get into it on psp or 3ds because of the loading screens and the very limited map. This version pretty much removes those problems. 

If it's anything like the portable versions, be prepared for an insane amount of grind. The initial grind is longer than the entirety of most games. 

older monster hunter games have already done this, Its pretty good!
I started with the PSP version of monster hunter(monster hunter freedom unite) and at first, it was pretty hard but I got the hang of it and it was pretty good, kinda fell in love with the series!

The grind IMO is quite fun and the rewards are great weapons and armors!

let's see how it goes, the combat to me still looks quite casual friendly... but lets wait till one can get his hands on this game

Played and deleted. Meh. 

• Good combat
  • Good monster
  • Okay world
  • Okay customization
  • Lame arse time limit. What's the point of having a big map and put a timer on it? 
  • Can't leave quest and free-roam either. Seems to simply throw you out saying quest failed.
  • Looks dated, even with HDR.
  • From the looks of it, very time investing game. 

Wonder if it has any story or just keep accepting quests and kill monsters. If that's the case, I'll pass. 

BETA has 3 quests and each has a 20-minute time limit. Was expecting something special. Didn't find it.