PS3 won't boot

dbzgoku

Hi guys!
So i took my PS3(fat 40 gb model) out after a very long time(almost a year & before that also it was lying idle). I charged the controller. The problem with my ps3 for a long time is that the touch controls don't work, so everything has to be done by controller only. when i started it with remote it started but no picture came on my TV. I had to switch it off from the back switch as there was no other way. Later i found out that it was hdmi cable problem. After changing when i again tried to boot it won't boot. i tried directly pressing the ps button, connecting it with a usb cable and then pressing the ps button and even a different controller. I figured i had to open it and give it a clean, which i did. opened till the heatsink part and cleaned everything. but still it wont boot. i even pressed those spring like clips on motherboard to get it to start but it won't. the red light is always on. no other light comes. i can't put bluray because there is already one inside and eject button is also not working.
i dont know what to try anymore.
Any help please.

PS- anyone know good place to get it repaired in delhi, who charges fair, are honest and know what they are doing with ps3.

On 6/21/2017 at 0:13 AM, dbzgoku said:

r light comes. i can't put bluray because there is already one inside and eject button is also not working.
i dont know what to try anymore.

If you switch off the fat PS3 from the physical switch at the back the DS3 will no longer be be able to power on the ps3 directly. The only way is to get either one of the touch buttons to work now.

If you mean the small prongs under the touch buttons they may be rusty or dirty so no other reason why they shouldnt work. I had the same problem with my old fattie but the prongs worked.

3 hours ago, Walker said:

If you switch off the fat PS3 from the physical switch at the back the DS3 will no longer be be able to power on the ps3 directly. The only way is to get either one of the touch buttons to work now.

If you mean the small prongs under the touch buttons they may be rusty or dirty so no other reason why they shouldnt work. I had the same problem with my old fattie but the prongs worked.

Any console related issues, Walker be the man to go to! In all likelihood, he would have faced them all :P

On 2017-6-22 at 5:40 PM, l33tmaniac said:

Any console related issues, Walker be the man to go to! In all likelihood, he would have faced them all :P

Curse of my life :P

Archived