Sign in to follow this  
shadow storm

xenoblade chronicles 2

Developer(s)Monolith Soft

Publisher(s)Nintendo

Platform Nintendo Switch

Release Q4 2017

Genre(s) Role-playing

The game will play as an open-world Japanese role-playing video game. While it is a sequel to Xenoblade Chronicles, it features a new world and cast of characters. It stars protagonist Rex and his new friend Pyra, who are searching the world for Elysium, the ultimate paradise for humanity. The game takes place in an endless ocean of clouds, where the last remnants of civilization live on the backs of numerous colossal beasts known as the Titans.

So, been playing this all night yesterday and it is such an amazing game. The graphics are weird and it has issues compared to Zelda/Mario in handheld mode. But I couldn't care less as it more than make up for it via combat. I haven't encountered a system as complex as this in some time and I love it(haven't played the first one or X). It took me north of 6 hours just to understand the basics and successfully use them in the battle as it was very overwhelming in the beginning.

@Tyler , you should try this as this might be your kind of game.

2 hours ago, b!T said:

So, been playing this all night yesterday and it is such an amazing game. The graphics are weird and it has issues compared to Zelda/Mario in handheld mode. But I couldn't care less as it more than make up for it via combat. I haven't encountered a system as complex as this in some time and I love it(haven't played the first one or X). It took me north of 6 hours just to understand the basics and successfully use them in the battle as it was very overwhelming in the beginning.

@Tyler , you should try this as this might be your kind of game.

Six hours is just to understand basic stuff. It'll keep getting complicated as you unlock mechanics and find new blades.

Also I'm gonna try n connect the dock to TV and play it docked. This is the first Switch game I'll be playing on TV :P Looks really bad in portable mode. 380p wtf were they thinking?

8 minutes ago, CarbonCore said:

Six hours is just to understand basic stuff. It'll keep getting complicated as you unlock mechanics and find new blades.

Also I'm gonna try n connect the dock to TV and play it docked. This is the first Switch game I'll be playing on TV :P Looks really bad in portable mode. 380p wtf were they thinking?

Ha ha, yeah. I am taking it slow because they are pushing in new mechanics before the already explained ones sink in.

Also I use both modes depending on where I am in the house but this game cannot be played in its current handheld state. Quite beautiful in docked mode though.