FIFA 18 Gathering

Heaven Angel

I am finding FUT Online Seasons quite difficult. People having excellent squads from Division 6 itself. How are you guys finding it? 

I have a Ligue 1 Dominant Squad. Lack of physicality in midfield is causing lot of issues.

7 hours ago, Joe Cool said:

What's your squad? Ligue 1 midfield isn't strong (or in general). A lot of physically weak players who can be easily bullied away. 

I alternate between these two squads mainly.. 

Screenshot_20180220-103121_zpsmg22ywsx.j

Screenshot_20180220-102914_zps6q2e5fm8.j

Don't know how you play but Balotelli has L/L with low reactions. He simply doesn't work. If anything he makes your team worse. 

Traoré RW isn't good either. He has 1* weak foot which makes him a liability.

Baldé is more suited as a sub. 

Get Mbappé/Gameiro/Yedder as your ST. Pick up Dembélé/Alessandrini IF for RW. 

Tolisso as CM. Even Bakayoko. The most used card. 

No point in running wings on a low budget. With so many free packs/fitness cards, you are better off running single good squad than 2 average squads. 

If you are finding 433(2) hard, would suggest running 2 CDM formations. 4231 is excellent this year. 

1 hour ago, Joe Cool said:

Don't know how you play but Balotelli has L/L with low reactions. He simply doesn't work. If anything he makes your team worse. 

Traoré RW isn't good either. He has 1* weak foot which makes him a liability.

Baldé is more suited as a sub. 

Get Mbappé/Gameiro/Yedder as your ST. Pick up Dembélé/Alessandrini IF for RW. 

Tolisso as CM. Even Bakayoko. The most used card. 

No point in running wings on a low budget. With so many free packs/fitness cards, you are better off running single good squad than 2 average squads. 

If you are finding 433(2) hard, would suggest running 2 CDM formations. 4231 is excellent this year. 

Hmm. What does L/L mean? Balotelli is actually not quite bad as he has good pace and shooting. Have scored 49 goals with him in 87 games. 

With Cavani, I have scored 56 goals in 88 games. 

I like 4-3-3 Formation with one CDM and 2 CM since it ensures that I have more control in the midfield with the CDM staying back. It's just that I feel even an 81 Rated PL team seems to  be better than mine in midfield, perhaps due to physicality. 

I haven't tried 4-2-3-1 formation. In that formation,  the Wide Players will play  a little deeper. Am I right? 

Please share your team. 

L = low; M = Medium; H = high.

Having L/L on the sole striker isn't a good idea. Balo also has poor reactions which make it harder to get 100% out of him when needed. With L/L, he won't proper runs for attacking compared to M or H work rate. He will simply sit and wait for you and create zero threats. 

Ideally, you should look for H or at least medium attacking work rate on a striker. 

Cavani works because he has H/H, amazing positioning and reactions to cover up his pace. Still not the best option but if you can make a team around him, he is deadly. Great finishing and incredible on air too. 

46 minutes ago, Man In The Box said:

I like 4-3-3 Formation with one CDM and 2 CM since it ensures that I have more control in the midfield with the CDM staying back. It's just that I feel even an 81 Rated PL team seems to  be better than mine in midfield, perhaps due to physicality. 

PL players are over-powered like always. 99% of the PL teams run Bakayoko as he is crazily over-powered. WBwHo4N.png

I haven't tried 4-2-3-1 formation. In that formation,  the Wide Players will play  a little deeper. Am I right? 

The wings aren't effective like before this year and also cheap wingers aren't good either except a few.

4231 works great due to great attacking while keeping the width and 2 CDMs to back up the defensive line. 

You could also go with 41212(2). Double ST, CM, a CAM and a CDM. Having good CM, a pacey striker and a target man like Cavani will work better.

RV9h4Tp.jpg

These will ideally work better and make the best out of your players.

Ruffier as GK as he has save with feet trait. The meta is low driven shots, so keeps with SWF traits are more effective. 

You could also sell Thiago Silva and get someone else as he isn't the strongest to pair with Marquinhos. Both are physically not best to pair.

itQcfva.png

Sandro LB is meta and among one of the best LB you can get in-game. Umtiti-Varane is a better pair due to having best work-rate for centre-backs. Ter Stegen also has save with feet trait, so he is a good choice too. 

This one is more balanced and offers you good attacking and defending. 

Please share your team. 

I'm currently using this with overlapping fullbacks:

k7CjfEB.png

• 1 month later...
17 hours ago, BHARAT-85 said:

Played a few games with Avi the other day. After God knows how long played friendlies with fellow IVGian. Good games Avi :)

Yeah man! Enjoyed a lot. 

We used to play so many 1v1 games in Fifa 11, especially Ireland vs New Zealand ! :lol: 

Good times !!!

• 2 weeks later...

Is anyone playing or planning a tournament sometime now ? Would love to play ... 

whosane3450 is my psn. Will add everyone on the first page.

@Joe Cool I don’t know if you remember but we’ve played a few games on PC couple of years ago. I remember it being close. Let’s play again soon.

Long time. All good? 2CNiZpQ.png 

As for the tournament, I'm not really sure. Most of them get pissed over small things or simply fail to follow the rules. 

You are free to host one and join others. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/27/2018 at 10:36 PM, kunallkw said:

Bumping this - Any mid level player wants to play casual friendlies ?

People in online seasons in Div 5+  pls. (in terms of achievement) -- wouldn't like to get my a*s kicked from anyone below that. :D

Add me - realkunal

kunni :O

On 5/1/2018 at 9:40 AM, Joe Cool said:

@kunallkw - can play friendlies. Feel free to add. 

Available after 6 PM UK. 

Bro guess we are added already. Will ping you on PSN to fix a game.

On 5/1/2018 at 10:43 AM, pArth said:

kunni :O

Long time no see  :ack:

Get your ace on Fifa add me - realkunal

• 2 weeks later...

PSN ID : leftfootedshoes

Preferred play timings: Almost every evenings

Most preferred mode: Pro Clubs, normal friendlies (no FUT)

Interested in taking part in tournaments/seasons? YES. 

Do you play FUT? NO.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived