Newegg's crazy low Duty price

Hello guys , anyone bought from Newegg recently any item ?

cause i see crazy low DUTY PRICE during checkout .. I bought GTX 1080ti FTW3 which cost me around 51k which is pretty massive discount and it gave me 510 INR as duty . Shipment still in transits , i don't know there will be extra duty apply when it reach to India or not . I wanna know any experience from other buyers here , This is my first time purchase in newegg . If anyone bought from them how was your experince ? do you have to go through Custom charges again ? or the newegg checkout take care of it . If anyone can help regarding these queries i would be thankful .

Price for EVGA 1080TI SC2 HYBRID >

http://imgur.com/nGSPtDe

You will be extremely lucky if customs are somehow not charged. If you are not charged customs, buy a lottery ticket that day. You might win.

Also @Rashmeet will be able to provide more information because he imports a lot of stuff.

2 hours ago, mafia97 said:

AFAIK customs would be charged when it reaches India.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Thanks for your info .. if i see crazy custom charge i am gonna cancel that order . I already talked with newegg support about this . They told me to let them know about charge when it reach to India . They f**king mention estimate duty as 500 INR and then charge huge which is not acceptable and void of their own terms

https://kb.newegg.com/Article/Index/12/3?id=1400

" You won't be charged additional fees if the actual Import Fees exceed the VAT/GST & Duty we estimated.  "

1 hour ago, Pshycho_TXC said:

Thanks for your info .. if i see crazy custom charge i am gonna cancel that order . I already talked with newegg support about this . They told me to let them know about charge when it reach to India . They f**king mention estimate duty as 500 INR and then charge huge which is not acceptable and void of their own terms

https://kb.newegg.com/Article/Index/12/3?id=1400

" You won't be charged additional fees if the actual Import Fees exceed the VAT/GST & Duty we estimated.  "

That last line is what Amazon says too, and if Newegg sticks to their word, you've just gotten really really lucky.

On 7/17/2017 at 1:09 PM, Rashmeet said:

That last line is what Amazon says too, and if Newegg sticks to their word, you've just gotten really really lucky.

Well i did buy EVGA 1080ti FTW3 and NEWEGG PAID DUTY and TAXES , I don't have to pay any penny extra . Indian Custom released my item , they did hold first cause newegg didn't put comercial invoice in item . Then i contacted newegg and they immediately solved it overnight and next day morning custom released it , today FEDEX called me and told me the date of delivery and they also mentioned DUTY AND ALL TAXES are paid by shipper so i do not have to pay anything . This is unbelievable deal for me having that Premium 1080ti in such cheap price of 51k when in India normally cards being sold in 65k , 75k or even 80k for premium models . I asked FEDEX guy how much duty it attracted he told me 9800 INR all total which shipper paid already  . So if even i had to pay Duty still that is huge profitable to me than Indian price .

On 7/17/2017 at 10:13 AM, Big Boss said:

You will be extremely lucky if customs are somehow not charged. If you are not charged customs, buy a lottery ticket that day. You might win.

Also @Rashmeet will be able to provide more information because he imports a lot of stuff.

Its nothing about lottery , i knew a bit that i don't have to pay cause of their terms and today got confirmed about it . Anyways i didn't have to and no other Indians too if they buy from newegg . All duties estimated during checkout and that's final . As this was my first purchase from newegg , for amazon i know customer don't have to pay Duty extra and for newegg i got confirmed about that too . Amazing price really . Also i don't have any problem to send RMA when it needed spending 3 - 4k shipping cost to EVGA rather than paying 25k+ in India lol

On 7/23/2017 at 2:30 AM, Playstationdude said:

I can't seem to enter shipping to India. Can you check the duty and shipping of ps4 pro to india?

Is it newegg india? That shows inr 61k for pro. lol.

Not surer where you getting this crazy calculation , Newegg never has crazy price . They always has price close to MRP . Remember PS4 or any other console has 28% GST .

https://www.newegg.com/global/in/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16868110214

I see current listing they has sold by 3rd party marketplace seller that's why crazy price lol . Its not SOLD AND SHIPPED BY NEWEGG .

They corrected their DUTY % fault now and now all items has correct duty estimation lol .. The card i purchased that same card cost 65k now final price . Btw i got my card last day and its just mind blowing :)

also it feel damn good to have this beast in only 51k xD .. Newegg i guess paid for customs since they had mistake in their estimation when i purchased , now i see Duty estimation corrected .

17 hours ago, The Panda said:

Added 1080 Ti to cart and it showed 9K for Estimated Duty. Contacted NewEgg and shared OP's image with them. They think it is a system error. Hopefully, it is.

Once it is resolved, will be ordering in 10 days as soon as I am able to sell my GTX 980 Ti. 

As i mentioned already .. My order was system error and Newegg paid duty that's why . I also see now all prices are with correct duty amount showing in cart check out . So i guess all have to pay now . I was possibly lucky to order in right time when site had error in their final checkout .

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 2/6/2018 at 5:44 PM, Pallab said:

thanks for the clarification.

Well due to error on newegg side , i got my 1080ti in damn cheap and no custom but its fixed long ego so now price normal :P

i got my EVGA 1080ti FTW  @ 51700 INR price all total back then .

• 1 month later...
On 4/16/2018 at 6:16 PM, Gameimake said:

What's been your experience like with new egg's crazy low duty price ?

i bought my EVGA 1080TI FTW in Dot price of 51750 INR :) , it was my best experience with newegg :)

No duty paid , as its paid by newegg and shipment came to me on time by FEDEX . Also as EVGA provide international warranty so purchased 10 years warranty of it :P

Archived