PS4 as Cabin Luggage?

So my colleague is coming back from Germany and I asked him to bring a PS4 Pro for me. Will he be allowed to bring it as Cabin luggage in the PS4 Box, Seal opened? Will Indian customs bother him about anything?

So I've ordered a PS4 Pro + Battlefield 1 and sent it to our Germany Office (from amazon.de). Even though i wanted to have it come in a box for added safety but I've asked him to put PS4 in his laptop bag and rest of the accessories in check-in.

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/17/2017 at 2:35 PM, varundbest said:

So my colleague is coming back from Germany and I asked him to bring a PS4 Pro for me. Will he be allowed to bring it as Cabin luggage in the PS4 Box, Seal opened? Will Indian customs bother him about anything?

Just saw one bloke getting it from Dubai today during immigration as cabin baggage without any issues :); box packed as is and that too sealed

PS4 500gb slim; driveclub, ratchet clank and Horizon edition I guess

On 7/17/2017 at 2:35 PM, varundbest said:

Quite recently, i brought a PS4 OG (i took this with me when i went) and a PS4 Pro with me from Europe. OG was in my laptop bag, and the pro was kept in its box and packed in my checkin luggage. So customs is not a huge issue. I have never faced any issues with them.

Both of them were wrapped in the big bath towel for protection and packed in such a way that they had no room to move unless the bags are opened. 

The best and ideal way would be to take the PS4 out of the box, keep in a bubble wrap and then wrap it in a towel and bring it along in laptop bag or cabin luggage. This way, the person can put some of their stuff inside the ps4 box and it would not take too much effective space in the checkin luggage. 

Keep in mind, that a bag-pack gets really heavy with the PS4, a laptop and other stuff in it.

• 1 month later...

I suppose it's a late post, still, thought I'd share my experience, cuz initially I had similar doubts.

Carrying PS4 in cabin/hand baggage is OK. No issues with domestic and flights to/from Manila and/or customs.

My backpack had laptop, PS4 (slipped inside a tshirt) and a few documents. Was asked at HK transit security check about what it is, and I uncovered the tshirt and showed them the Sony logo, the security guy said "Ah! PlayStation" and smiled, lol. However, always make sure to remove it from the bag, along with laptop etc., to avoid 'extra' checks and queries from security guys.

As for packing the DS4, I bought a couple of plastic utility boxes (can get in any supermarket), just pick the size that fits DS4. To avoid further damage, I stuff the empty space with crushed newspaper balls and small napkins, then pack it in hand baggage or check-in baggage. No issues so far.

The PS4 500GB model sells here (MetroManila) for around 15k PHP, which is around 20-22k INR. I bought a silver model (for 15,500 PHP) for myself, as the one I carried from India, got lost in the cab when I traveled here (long story). A friend who was visiting, he also got one for 14k php, and then also managed bargain a brand-new but old model for around 12k PHP at another shop. He traveled back to Hyderabad last week, with 1 console in check-in baggage and 1 in cabin/hand baggage, no questions asked. Of course the internal packing was thrown off, but he did carry both the outer boxes by flattening those and packing inside check-in baggage.

So, if anyone is traveling here, pls PM me cuz I'd like to buy/send one for my brother in India ;)

Hope this helps.

• 3 months later...

Guys need a slight off-topic info regarding bringing a laptop down from the US. My friend is visiting home next week and have asked him to carry a laptop for me. Unfortunately, he also has to take his work laptop with him. So, is it okay / allowed for him to carry two laptops on him? Or will that be an issue with Customs ? He was planning on stating that both the laptops are his work laptops and he has to carry them. Before buying, I just wanted to make sure this reason will work !

• 2 months later...
17 hours ago, Kazekage Gaara said:

Hey guys,

A friend is bringing me a PS4 Pro from Dubai.  Should I ask him to bring it with the box or ask him to throw the box to avoid customs?

Please lemme know.

My brother was able to bring his ps4 pro with the box, though he did open it before hand to make it look like he has used it.

Until and unless his total haul is less than 45k, there won't be any problem. But if he is bringing anything over that, throw the box.

Archived