The Indie Games Thread - Out now: Blasphemous 2

Heaven Angel

• 3 weeks later...

HOB & Ruiner available now.

Summary:

Patch released about 15 minutes ago seems to have shored up the FPS as well good news!

Not an amazing game. But really enjoyable and really excellent control and a very interesting world space for me. If you are not a fan of these kinds of games though, then you're not going to suddenly be one. But 6-8 hours at this price ain't bad for this game.

IGN gave it a 6/10 as the reviewer found the game too hard. Other than that, it's 7-9. 

Edited by Heaven Angel

Wow they weren't kidding about Ruiner's difficulty. I apparently died 31 times just in the prologue level on Hard :lol:

It isn't frustrating so far though and that sweet satisfaction I got after killing the first boss is priceless!

Edited by STICK3Rboy

On 9/27/2017 at 4:51 AM, STICK3Rboy said:

Wow they weren't kidding about Ruiner's difficulty. I apparently died 31 times just in the prologue level on Hard :lol:

It isn't frustrating so far though and that sweet satisfaction I got after killing the first boss is priceless!

I take this back.

Just beat the game. It's challenging but really not THAT difficult once you get a hang of the controls.

I have a few gripes with it though. The gunplay doesn't feel as weighty as I'd have liked, all the environments pretty much look the same and the random one-shot deaths can be a little frustrating at times.

But there's something about it that kept me coming back for more. Maybe it's the moody cyberpunk atmosphere, the 'Hotline Miami'-like instant reload which immediately throws you back into the action after you die, or the adrenaline rush I got with the absolutely frenetic pace of the combat and the kick-a*s soundtrack. Whatever it is, you really can't go wrong with it at 565rs :P 

Edited by STICK3Rboy

2 hours ago, Joe Cool said:

I think you should try Nex Machina at a harder difficulty if you enjoyed Ruiner. UxmjaHa.png

Yeah I already have it in my steam library.

Had played it for a bit and liked it but never got back to it for some reason. I think I was more occupied with Tekken at the time. Thanks for reminding me that I need to get back to it :P

I'm also looking at picking this up. Anyone here played it?

• Heaven Angel changed the title to The Indie Games Thread - Out now: Nobody Saves the World
  • Heaven Angel changed the title to The Indie Games Thread - Out now: Blasphemous 2