Age of Empires IV

Heaven Angel

3 minutes ago, Aftrunner said:

On one hand, its a new AoE. 

But its Relic who made a very substandard DoW3. 

This. So. Much. 

Also, very likely to be a Windows Store exclusive and I will not pick up a title tied to that. 

Edited by ALPHA17

Its weird that they didnt hand this off to CA who made a pretty good game (from what I read) of Halo Wars 2. 

Still, maybe we are being too harsh with judging Relic just off one bad game (have the post launch patches been better?). I am definitely rooting for this even if I am skeptical. 

Edited by Aftrunner

1 minute ago, Aftrunner said:

Still, maybe we are being too harsh with judging Relic just off one bad game (have the post launch patches been better?). I am definitely rooting for this even if I am skeptical. 

The post-launch support has been slow. I think they are going to launch an expansion or DLC mini-campaign and be done with DoW 3. 

I have yet to finish the campaign. =/ 

^ Yeah! Currently, I am not sure what they are playing at, maybe SEGA was hoping for a much better response. I dunno. The problem is they rolled back 90% of the features that set the game apart from your regular RTS. 

• The cover system
  • Diversified asymmetric units (still present but not as diverse as in the previous DoW titles) 
  • No sense of scale, because by the end you are just controlling a giant death ball to storm enemy positions 

So yeah! Maybe they are hard at work behind doors because they did add a new game mode and a map but they really need to do something before the holiday because this game is going nowhere, fast. 

Relic is still among good developers. 

Will be a stupid decision to make it Windows store exclusive after how Age of Empires II HD sold more than 4.5 million copies on Steam. 

Anyways, this will take another good couple years to release. By that time, the Windows Store might as well not exist. 

11 hours ago, Aftrunner said:

I.... dont know how to feel about this. 

On one hand, its a new AoE. 

But its Relic who made a very substandard DoW3. 

Well they also made CoH1 & 2 and both are fkin awesome. 

But yeah don't expect much from Relic. DoW3 already done and CoH2 has more active players than DoW3. Community patches and Kyle keeping CoH2 alive. 

Edited by kaka_messi

• 2 years later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...