How are the grey markets importing games/consoles so cheap? Can we do it ourselves for personal use?

so currently games like Uncharted lost legacy are going for 1900 and persona 5 for 3000  in local grey market. I was wondering how do they get the games so cheap? are they dodging customs? are there better ways to import than playasia or Amazon.com?

19 minutes ago, AflyingKiwi said:

I was offered 2300 for lost legacy by Samurai corner in Karol bagh, where its available for 1900?

Sent from my SM-N920G using Tapatalk

it's 1900-2000 in palika. and I buy games directly from some of the ebay sellers, they are also selling at similar prices.

as for ebay,look for sellers selling imported/cheap copies and ask if you can deal outside ebay. i wont name them here.
and for palkia, try any of the shops on the back side after entering from gate 1. skip shop 1 and 2, they have crazy high prices.

• 3 months later...
On 22/08/2017 at 1:45 PM, Dark1211 said:

so currently games like Uncharted lost legacy are going for 1900 and persona 5 for 3000  in local grey market. I was wondering how do they get the games so cheap? are they dodging customs? are there better ways to import than playasia or Amazon.com?

Yes they don't pay customs, that is the whole point of grey markets. :P

Plus they don't have to pay distributor margins so that too decreases the cost.

This is why you will find consoles to be almost at par with US /dubai prices( slight difference of 2-4k) 

Archived