Need help with a PC Up-gradation!

growl_kid

Guys I am a PC gamer mainly although I own a PS4.

My PC is almost 4 years old now and I want to upgrade it. I am currently using- Processor - AMD FX 6300 Black Edition, GPU - AMD R9 270X, RAM - 8gb DDR3, Motherboard - Gigabyte, SMPS - Crossair 650 Watt

I am thinking to update my processor to AMD Ryzen and GPU to Nvidia GTX 1080ti. Will that be a good combination? I mean will AMD processor and Nvidia card get along with each other? Or I have to put i7 or something for compatibility issue? And what is this Bottleneck thing I am coming across all over internet? Also please suggest me a good motherboard and SMPS to get along with it.

One more thing I wanted to clarify that I am using one UPS, but if there is voltage fluctuation or power cut my computer turns off immediately if I am playing any game but keeps on running on normal desktop mode. I tried to get one APC UPS also but while playing game the indicator light becomes red and it continuous beeps even if the power is on. So i am using one more cheap UPS but again my computer shuts off when power is gone.

Sorry for this long post and any discussion/suggestion will be immensely helpful for me. Also if this place is not right to post this thread please feel free to move it.

-Cheers :)

You would get more responses if you post it in the Ask the experts thread..

Here goes my 2 cents..

If your primary usage is only gaming on the PC, then I would suggest you to get an intel processor to go along with the 1080Ti.. Since single core performance on intel processors are better than on the amd counterparts..

Bottleneck is something that happens when the slower component is struggling to keep up while providing data to the faster component. For e.g if you combine an i3 processor with the 1080Ti GPU, the processor will struggle to compute faster and provide the data to the GPU hence you will not be able to harness the full potential of your GPU. Similarly if you combine say an i7 processor with a rx 460 GPU, then the CPU utilization will be comparatively lesser while the GPU is running at high loads. So you would want to avoid such combinations.

Your PSU is more than capable to handle most of the new generation components, unless it is VS series, in which case I would suggest to get a better one. Else you can continue using it.

For the UPS, when you are gaming, your components are running at max loads so obviously the power draw will be more. Hence cheapo UPS like zebronics etc will not hold up with the voltage fluctuations and power cuts. 
Get something more than 1KVA capacity from the likes of APC or cyberpower. The 600VA ones also won't cut it, even if they are from premium brands. I'm using an APC 1100VA UPS which holds quite well during voltage fluctuations & power cuts.

6 hours ago, growl_kid said:

~snip~

Get a Ryzen 5 processor with that GPU, you should be golden for the next two to three years and if you want to upgrade you should have a path open.

You can get an ASUS PRIME B350-PLUS or GIGABYTE's B350 Gaming 3 motherboard. For the PSU, I would recommend Cooler Master's V650W PSU or the Seasonic M12II 620W unit. 

The UPS as has been stated needs to be of sufficient capacity not only to hold your rigs load but also needs to have a good enough battery capacity to give you some standby time to put your PC to sleep or shut it down. Daisy-chaining multiple UPS' will not solve this issue. 

Archived