The "I Got Lowballed" thread - talk about your experience!

bowser

1 hour ago, rAgHaV said:

You paid 50% of total value as shipping. 

50 Rs is the minimum delivery charge within the city, does not exactly depend on the value of the item.

Also if the original pricing is completely f**ked, I think its okay to lowball.

Those of you who don't know where lowballing is okay, or how to do it properly -- need to watch Linus's Scrapyard Wars. :giggle:

24 minutes ago, Chirag2001 said:

50 Rs is the minimum delivery charge within the city, does not exactly depend on the value of the item.

Also if the original pricing is completely f**ked, I think its okay to lowball.

Those of you who don't know where lowballing is okay, or how to do it properly -- need to watch Linus's Scrapyard Wars. :giggle:

You missed the point he was trying to make about shipping.

Care to point an instance of acceptable lowballing? Going from your last statement it seems like you're an expert in lowballing, please elaborate.

4 hours ago, GunnerY2J said:

Yes mostly, PS3 or PS2 or PSP.

PS4 games only 2-3 times I guess.

Once a store in Mumbai sold god of war 1 sealed pack for 100 RS and had listed at 500 RS.

Directly offering 100 rs gets you ignored and you come out as someone you don't want to deal with.

Don't mind me asking but is it a thing for you to post something completely opposite of what the thread is about which pisses people off? :lol:

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, b!T said:

Don't mind me asking but is it a thing for you to post something completely opposite of what the thread is about which pisses people off? :lol:

I did read a comment asking about experience of lowballs working.

So shared about it working without ever directly lowballing.

And then here came the memes etc but i didn't share the details like last time.

Edited by GunnerY2J

12 minutes ago, GunnerY2J said:

I did read a comment asking about experience of lowballs working.

So shared about my balls working without ever directly lowballing.

And then here came the memes etc but i didn't share the details like last time.

I personally don't agree with low balling. I can understand negotiating but low balling is not a good thing.

Also when you write something like "So shared about my balls working", the memes write itself my dude :P

12 minutes ago, b!T said:

I personally don't agree with low balling. I can understand negotiating but low balling is not a good thing.

Also when you write something like "So shared about my balls working", the memes write itself my dude :P

Depends on the reader :p

But the seller has happily accepted the offer, how can it even be termed as lowballing.

Edited by GunnerY2J

2 hours ago, abhinit90 said:

You missed the point he was trying to make about shipping.

Care to point an instance of acceptable lowballing? Going from your last statement it seems like you're an expert in lowballing, please elaborate.

Perhaps the word lowballing itself is not appropriate, but for example if somebody on olx tries to sell a Switch for 40k right now because the switch market has gone mad, but they probably originally bought it for 20 or 25k when prices are normal, a person could ask if they'd be willing to do 20k or something. I'd say its acceptable to ask.

The price will return to normal soon, this is a weird circumstance.

Of course, the usual lowballing scenarios mentioned in the thread are just plain infuriating to deal with.

An expert in lowballing? Thats not a nice thing to say, but I assume you did not mean any offense :) 

It was a reference to a joke from the Youtube show Scrapyard Wars. 

Edited by Chirag2001
  • Like 1

Perhaps the word lowballing itself is not appropriate, but for example if somebody on olx tries to sell a Switch for 40k right now because the switch market has gone mad, but they probably originally bought it for 20 or 25k when prices are normal, a person could ask if they'd be willing to do 20k or something. I'd say its acceptable to ask.

The price will return to normal soon, this is a weird circumstance.
Of course, the usual lowballing scenarios mentioned in the thread are just plain infuriating to deal with.

An expert in lowballing? Thats not a nice thing to say, but I assume you did not mean any offense [emoji4] 
It was a reference to a joke from the Youtube show Scrapyard Wars. 

Oh! Right and that makes sense too. Sorry if you felt offended, no offense intended.

People sadly will try to benefit, like you've mentioned and it is your right. I misunderstood your point and thought you were sort of defending lowballing.

I'll see the show too. Thanks.

Meanwhile some misinterpreted the n95 masks are unsafe trend and they've plummeted in price.
  • Like 1

I need to buy some. Can you please point towards where I can get them cheap.

The prices have fallen a lot on Amazon, but venus v4400 there. Pm me if you have any confusion

Stay away from fake sellers

Wow didn't realize this thread was still active! Though I'm not sure how it went from lowballing discussions to N95 face mask prices :blink:

Anyway, I've since moved to Texas after creating this thread a while ago. There are some lowballers here too on Craigslist and Facebook Marketplace but nowhere near as bad as OLX. Most people are very decent and barely ask for 10% off. It's very refreshing :D 

So when I get lowballed these days I just say "No" or don't bother replying. Don't want to risk pissing off someone with a smartass reply and have them show up at my door with a gun or something :bandit:

I'm not even kidding. Last week I sold N64 controllers to some dude and he showed up with a handgun stuffed in his back pocket :O. Luckily he just paid cash and thanked me and left.

Edited by bowser

24 minutes ago, bowser said:

Wow didn't realize this thread was still active! Though I'm not sure how it went from lowballing discussions to N95 face mask prices :blink:

Anyway, I've since moved to Texas after creating this thread a while ago. There are some lowballers here too on Craigslist and Facebook Marketplace but nowhere near as bad as OLX. Most people are very decent and barely ask for 10% off. It's very refreshing :D 

So when I get lowballed these days I just say "No" or don't bother replying. Don't want to risk pissing off someone with a smartass reply and have them show up at my door with a gun or something :bandit:

I'm not even kidding. Last week I sold N64 controllers to some dude and he showed up with a handgun stuffed in his back pocket :O. Luckily he just paid cash and thanked me and left.

One of the reasons I never buy/sell anything off craigslist and Facebook marketplace. Had a scary experience few years back. Someone listed Mario Kart 8 for switch a week before release date and I got tempted and drove 30 minutes to buy it. Everything went smooth but I noticed the seller was in his late teens or early twenties and after taking my cash, called someone. His friends drove from across the street, rolled the windows and gave me my copy.

I went home, played the game for a day. The next day, I saw a tweet from local PD about a stolen shipment of Mario Kart 8s and that the culprits were caught. Went to the cops and mentioned about me buying a copy off someone in Offerup(more secure as it has members verified by their drivers license or social). They asked me to show the listing and after seeing it told me I bought it off the the guy that stole a shipment from Gamestop. I told them they can take the copy off me but they let me go after asking to be cautious when buying things off internet. They were surprised that I went to them to handover my copy of the game but appreciated being honest :lol: 

• Like 2

On 8/1/2020 at 6:18 PM, dylanjosh said:

:( This is sad more than anything. Lots of people buy pets thinking they are like toys and then want to get rid of them when they realize the cost and effort that goes into taking care of a pet. 

Know a person who got presented with a puppy. Said person was not a dog person, and the dog spent 3 months in a paid kennel before it got adopted. 

On 8/4/2020 at 10:12 AM, bowser said:

>Burgerica f**k yeah

>So paranoid that the seller is going to mug you

>You be packing

>And if the fellow seller was also Murican

>He'd be packing too.