[Solved] CE-34335-8 After updating to 5.0 (PS4 Pro)

varundbest

Premise:-

• I started my PS4 after a few weeks of inactivity, tried to launch YouTube but it wanted me to update the system firmware before I can access that feature.
  • I updated the firmware, started Youtube and watched a couple of videos.
  • Then I tried to start Playstation Store but it showed 'Please Wait..' for longer than I'd care to wait and I pressed back and started to load something else but XMB froze on me. I waited for a while then pressed the power button for a few seconds to force shut down.
  • Since then, I'm unable to start PS4.

Fixes Tried (Order of Succession):-

• Restarted multiple times (CE-34335-8).
  • Safe Mode: Update System Software With Update File (Over Internet).
  • Safe Mode: Update System Software With Update File (Via USB).
  • Safe Mode: Initialize PS4 (Reinstall System Software) with Full 932 MB Update File (Via USB) (CE-33570-8).
  • Removed and Re-Inserted HDD (First time I ever did this, everything is stock).
  • Restarted multiple times (CE-34335-8).
  • Safe Mode: Update System Software With Update File (Via USB).
  • Safe Mode: Initialize PS4 (Reinstall System Software) with Full 932 MB Update File (Via USB) (CE-33570-8).
  • Connected PS4 HDD to my PC (Saw 15 Partitions) and cleared all partitions, formatted it to exFat copied files to it, played them, checked for Disk errors, got no errors. Conclusion: HDD works fine on my PC.
  • Safe Mode: Initialize PS4 (Reinstall System Software) with Full 932 MB Update File (Via USB) (CE-33570-8).

How shall I fix this thing?

No, I cant go to Sony Service Center as They're a bunch of bozos over here and sony doesn't provide any service (Only Replacements) in India for the PS4s, let alone PS4 Pros.The console is a couple months old and I bought it from Deutschland.

Edit:

So somehow I was able to Install Firmware to my PS4 using permutations of the above methods and turn my PS4 on. Thus proving it all to be a Software issue. But now I'm plagued with frequent freezes (Sometimes Dropouts) (CE-34878-0) within 30-40 minutes (I haven't installed any game yet, just Using YouTube).

Edit 2:

Now I seriously hope that it is the HDD but I doubt it. The main culprit seems to be the Update, moreover it's not Just YouTube. The console have Frozen on:-

Settings menu (No App in Background)

YouTube

XMB (YouTube in Background)

While trying to load Playstation Store.

While Downloading updates for Battlefield 1 (Since my PS4 is completely wiped) in REST Mode. (CE-36329-3)

Edit 3:[24 Oct, 2017]

Replaced the HDD and PS4 lasted a little longer than it used to (>40 minutes) but then I got a Crash/Dropout with Error code CE-36329-3 and Crashed/Dropped Out again upon restart when  I tried to Report the error.

Updated to 5.01 (On new HDD) and Back to square one: CE-34335-8 PS4 doesn't even start anymore!

Last Edit:

Inserted back the stock HDD and did a fresh install of 5.01. PS4 Pro works fine now. The Patch Fixed the problem. Seems like the HDD I ordered to fix the issue was faulty.

Were any of these issues slightly there prior to 5.0 ?if yes,I'm like 70-80% sure that this is the HDD acting up...cos after 5.0 even my HDD is starting to act up

In my case a few issues like these mentioned below have been happening these days:

got an error mid game and my game crashed once...had to restart the game over ....never had happened before....and other such issues popped up for me...such as psn activities never doesn't load quickly for me and psn friends list either takes ages to load/doesn't load at all since 5.0

Maybe buying an internal hdd would be a better option.
If u have a spare laptop HDD around ....try using that and see if it works out

3 hours ago, kold_war said:

Were any of these issues slightly there prior to 5.0 ?if yes,I'm like 70-80% sure that this is the HDD acting up...cos after 5.0 even my HDD is starting to act up

Hide contents

In my case a few issues like these mentioned below have been happening these days:

got an error mid game and my game crashed once...had to restart the game over ....never had happened before....and other such issues popped up for me...such as psn activities never doesn't load quickly for me and psn friends list either takes ages to load/doesn't load at all since 5.0

Maybe buying an internal hdd would be a better option.
If u have a spare laptop HDD around ....try using that and see if it works out

There was NOT a single issue prior to 5.0 and I've played for well over 8 hours at a stretch as I don't get time regularly. I've already ordered a 2TB HDD for PS4 as my PCs SSDs are too precious to wipe. It is possible that the present HDD was slightly defective since the beginning and 5.0 reduces the fault tolerance of the system, if not so then we'll have to pressurize them to release a patch.

PS. These issues started popping up within 10-20 minutes on updating the PS4.

There was NOT a single issue prior to 5.0 and I've played for well over 8 hours at a stretch as I don't get time regularly. I've already ordered a 2TB HDD for PS4 as my PCs SSDs are too precious to wipe. It is possible that the present HDD was slightly defective since the beginning and 5.0 reduces the fault tolerance of the system, if not so then we'll have to pressurize them to release a patch.

U purchasing a internal or external HDD? Better get internal....I bought a 2 tb external portable HDD ,removed the casing and using that .....regretting it big time... Everything is so fkin slow/doesn't load sometimes.....

6 hours ago, kold_war said:

U purchasing a internal or external HDD? Better get internal....I bought a 2 tb external portable HDD ,removed the casing and using that .....regretting it big time... Everything is so fkin slow/doesn't load sometimes.....

Lol, Internal Obviously. I got Seagate ST2000LM007.

There's a new update. 5.01, try that out, maybe Sony knew there were issues and hence another update..

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

3 minutes ago, Monokuma said:

There's a new update. 5.01, try that out, maybe Sony knew there were issues and hence another update..

Replaced the HDD and PS4 lasted a little longer than it used to (>40 minutes) but then I got a Crash/Dropout with Error code CE-36329-3 and Crashed/Dropped Out again upon restart when  I tried to Report the error.

Updated to 5.01 (On new HDD) and Back to square one: CE-34335-8 PS4 doesn't even start anymore!

Are you logged into psn when this happens?

Try a few of these:

Try using the system offline.

Try logging in with a different account and use that account to play some games.

Just now, Monokuma said:

Are you logged into psn when this happens?

Try a few of these:

Try using the system offline.

Try logging in with a different account and use that account to play some games.

I haven't even started any Game, it Crashes on freaking Settings menu, YouTube App, etc.

2 hours ago, Monokuma said:

Online?

I have accepted this Unit as a Lemon which got triggered as soon as Update 5.0 hit (With less Fault Tolerance). Have raised a Pickup request at Sony Deutschland and send a subsequent Mail to allow me to ship it directly to their Service Center. Will probably get the return item Shipped at our Deutschland Office (Or India if they are willing) and get a Colleague to ship it to me.

Archived