So as it's known to most by now, Neogaf is offline. The gist of the situation was covered by Rishi, so check his piece out if you're unaware of what happened. So for all the now 'ex' members and lurkers, along with ivgians discuss the drama and its fallout here. EL would be putting out a statement soon but I guess it's too little too late now.    

Site was getting too ban happy anyways, so I guess karma?

Popular video game forum NeoGAF is now offline. This comes amidst allegations of sexual assault by its owner Tyler “Evilore” Malka. NeoGAF’s moderators have resigned en masse and a host of members have left the site.

Sexual assault allegations have been swirling around Malka for the better part of the week after a screenshot of a Facebook post was made public. It details an account of a woman traumatised by a man she was friends with. On being asked to name the man she replied with, “Google Evilore.”

Every time a post regarding this has come up on NeoGAF, it has been immediately removed. Malka is reportedly in the process of issuing a statement.

Full Story:
http://gadgets.ndtv.com/games/news/neogaf-offline-evilore-sexual-assault-allegations-1765678

The image that started it all:

Mq83KUL.jpg

Members are leaving en masse, some leaving behind choice posts:

SNzV9yo.png

So were you a member on gaf too? Lurker? Zodka? Surprised? Shocked? Blame Sony?

Let in the salt below. Bai Bai.

tumblr_ofj756xYAI1ujwg5zo1_500.gif

giphy.gif

2 hours ago, Django_3101 said:

Rumor has it that the ones who quit are working on a new site.

Most I know and the general attitude on NinjaGaf is favoring Slaent forums. 

Someone should just suggest IVG. Sam has lived through balcony scandals :P 

kotaku has a more detailed article. they even talk to the victim about it. 

In a phone conversation with Kotaku, Leupp said that even after the alleged shower incident, she’d continued her friendship and even had a brief physical relationship with Malka until they had a falling out at E3 2015. She said that, prior to the alleged shower incident “I had no reason not to trust him. He had been introducing me to people and helping me network for my film company,” she told me. “I feel gross from having ever been in contact with this person.”

??

full story

https://kotaku.com/neogaf-goes-dark-after-sexual-misconduct-allegation-aga-1819755151

Damn, NeoGaf was my primary source of gaming news. This is is really sickening. Also, I don't see why the whole community should suffer because of one man..even if he's the owner. Didn't he have any partners? Maybe they can restart the site.

Even though GAF has become what it is today, I am gonna miss browsing some of its threads like LTTPs and Pick up threads.

I liked review threads, OTs, lttps, etc. And those that community threads.
Damn, NeoGaf was my primary source of gaming news. This is is really sickening. Also, I don't see why the whole community should suffer because of one man..even if he's the owner. Didn't he have any partners? Maybe they can restart the site.

Yeah i got most of the gaming and even non gaming news from gaf.
Will definitely miss it.

4 hours ago, waveking said:

And nothing of value was lost. Gaf had become a sh*thole. I hope they charge the other mods there too for working with/under such a person. 

Wave congrats brother. 

Assholes banned you for nothing.  Tera badla poora hua. Every site who bans members permanently should get hacked and shut down. 

Huge sigh of relief for MS as well as Neogaf was biggest anti Xbox site on internet after N4g and now they got shut down close to one x release. :P

From kotaku article 

Although the site has been criticized in the past for, among other things, its users’ tendencies to have kneejerk reactions to gaming news,

This is one of the reason I never liked Neogaf. 

Archived