Ghost of Tsushima

Heaven Angel

12 minutes ago, adity said:

I honestly didn't know Sucker Punch was capable of this. I am completely sold on the game from the E3 gameplay trailer.

The Second Son demo was the most visually impressive demo of PS4 reveal, more that any other launch game. Nobody used GPU particle effects like SS did until God of War came out.

1 hour ago, CarbonCore said:

The Second Son demo was the most visually impressive demo of PS4 reveal, more that any other launch game. Nobody used GPU particle effects like SS did until God of War came out.

Yeah even more impressive is that suker punch were a team of 120 people back then and around 150 right now. So when people compare their or other Sony bend studios open world games with ubisoft or rockstar titles just remember those games are being worked on by 1000’s of people shared amongst multiple studios. 

14 minutes ago, KnackChap said:

Yeah even more impressive is that suker punch were a team of 120 people back then and around 150 right now. So when people compare their or other Sony bend studios open world games with ubisoft or rockstar titles just remember those games are being worked on by 1000’s of people shared amongst multiple studios. 

Frankly that can be a huge advantage. I would think it would be much more easier for a decent sized team who know and can interact directly with each other, and who share the same vision  to develop a better game.

As opposed to 1000s of people all over the World, who have just been given a broad guideline by the Head Office, and forget about vision, in most cases don't even know what others are doing during simultaneous development. This kind of development only leads to the only absolutely safe plays and check-lists being ticked, leading to very average games as Ubi's high profile games etc generally are.

As they say, "Too many cooks spoil the broth"

Edited by roun90

So, only Japanese VO or it would be an option? Animations would be as per English VO or Japanese VO?
from the video i posted i looks like the animations are for english.. there will be english voice over obvuiously but if you want to play in jap vo you can select that along with english subs..

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

• 4 weeks later...

From the article:

The game (Ghost of Tsushima) is set during the first Mongol invasion of Japan in 1274, and that’s an extremely rare setting in video games and media, including those from Japan.

The anime is the adaptation of the manga that goes by the title Angolmois: Genkou Kassenki, or Angolmois: Record of Mongol drawn by Nanahiko Takagi serialized on Samurai Ace since 2013. Like Ghost of Tsushima, it’s set on the island of Tsushima in 1274. Of course, the main plot is different, but the setting is exactly the same.

Besides, this is nothing short of a massive coincidence. At least to my knowledge, there have never been either games or anime series set during the Mongol invasion of 1274 with this kind of specific focus. Some titles (mostly a few strategy games) have covered it as part of a bigger picture. Yet, now we’re looking at a video game and an anime series focusing exactly on this extremely rare historical and geographical setting, happening nearly at the same time. What are the odds?

----------

The anime trailers seem very interesting. Shame, that they're not linked. But it'd be cool to have a proper anime tie-in with the game, may be as a prequel or a spin-off or something.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...