Ghost of Tsushima

Heaven Angel

Compiled on Era

Main stuff:

It’s an open-world samurai adventure.

The game is grounded and realistic. There's no supernatural elements in this game.

The game is a original work of fiction they are not rebuilding history stone by stone.

Ghost of Tsushima is huge – the biggest game Sucker Punch has ever made by a wide margin.

You can play the game with a Japanese voice track. Even with a cast of mostly native Japanese speakers, they still have a dialogue coach for the game for authentic ancient Japanese.

No branching narrative

The game launches July 17th

The Game does have a photomode

Ghost of Tsushima Has Multiple Difficulty Settings

This isn’t going to be a UI heavy game

Story
Jin was raised and trained in the ways of the samurai. When the Mongols handily defeat the samurai forces, Jin’s world is shattered. He is faced with the most difficult decision of his life: honor the tradition and customs of his samurai upbringing and maintain a fight he cannot win, or deviate from his samurai path to protect the island and its people by any means necessary. In his quest to reclaim Tsushima, Jin must seek the guidance and support of old friends and new unlikely allies. He must break away from tradition, become a new kind of warrior, and protect what’s left of his home at all costs.

The World:

There a lot of stories in the game that you may not find them all.

The game will feature NO waypoints

There are many side characters in the game, most which have sidequests.

Jin will learn new things from NPC quests

Each area in the game has a different theme. That reflects to different stories and narrative themes for each area. The name of the area on the demo is "The forest of no return". Features betrayal stories with darker tone

You will roam vast countrysides, explore billowing fields, and tranquil shrines to ancient forests, villages and stark mountainscapes,bamboo forests to the urban center of ornate castles

They want to give players alot of navigational options ,we seeing horse riding, parkour and Jin swinging with the grappling hook so far

Dynamic time of day and weather , we seeing snow, and rain areas so far

Simulated clouds. All dynamic, not painted, never going to be seen twice

Procedural skies and procedural sun break tech

If you roll around a lot in the mud you will be completely cover. If it starts raining it washes away all the mud and blood

“Movement” is the environment theme, expect everything to move - blowing trees, windy fields, falling leaves

If you see something and you expect to be able to climb on it, then we want you to be able to climb on it

The trailer with Masako from E3 was a side mission

Combat:

The theme of the combat is “mud, blood, and steel”. They want a feeling of intensity and danger in the combat

Combat system can scale all the way up from a one-on-one combat with a worthy opponent all the way up to dealing with a horde of Mongols

Master the bow to eliminate distant threats with lethal precision

Develop stealth and deception tactics to disorient and ambush enemies with surprise attacks

An adaptive landscape and organic approach to combat makes Tsushima the perfect playground for mixing and matching skills, weapons, and tactics to find the perfect combat blend for your play style

As Jin’s story unfolds, versatility and creativity will become your greatest weapons.

You can customize your katana

They want every swing to feel real, so every hit that connects leave a scar.

There is a progression system. Jin has learned to use a grapple hook but this is not part of his samurai training. He’s had to learn new tricks to silently kill the Mongols

Duels in the game is going to be very narrative base they want to build the tension, each duel will be around some unique element like the red tree

The square button will swing your sword

You can kill an enemy with a single strike from the blade if you hold the triangle button and release it at the right moment

You parry with L1

You can clean your blade with a button

Τhe chain assassinations we seen in the trailer you must hit the button at the right time to go to the next one there is a time period

Assassinations are one of the tactics you can use. There’s a fear factor here. If you do successfully assassinate someone then it stuns the other enemies around you and gives you an opportunity to perform follow-up attacks

You can perform horseback assassinations

Jin can use stun/flash bombs

17 minutes ago, AnK said:

Sony doesn’t know when to release it’s games 

they just keep churning them out 

They release it when its ready. They don't force them to release major games between Sept-Nov and then let the entire year go dry.

2 hours ago, AnK said:

Sony doesn’t know when to release it’s games 

they just keep churning them out 

All assumption but here's what I guess might have happened:

Initially, Sony planned to release TLOU2 in June and Ghost of Tsushima in holiday around PS5 launch.
But given the popularity of TLOU2, delayed it to coincide with PS5 and gave Ghost of Tsushima a June release.
Now, due to leak, they have to release TLOU2 in June, while still not being able to justify a delay in Ghost of Tsushima beyond July.

9 minutes ago, GeraltOfRivia said:

All assumption but here's what I guess might have happened:

Initially, Sony planned to release TLOU2 in June and Ghost of Tsushima in holiday around PS5 launch.
But given the popularity of TLOU2, delayed it to coincide with PS5 and gave Ghost of Tsushima a June release.
Now, due to leak, they have to release TLOU2 in June, while still not being able to justify a delay in Ghost of Tsushima beyond July.

TLOU 2 was originally slated to be released on May 29th

5 minutes ago, AnK said:

History has it 

that high budget AAA games are never made Next Gen exclusive launch titles 

The economics don’t work right 

Cant say about M$ though 

they don’t really care about economics anymore 

I think heavenly sword and UC1 were launch titles on PS3.

(not sure about UC1 though)

18 minutes ago, radicaldude said:

I think they should have made GoT a launch title on the PS5.

THey are wasting this exclusive.

I am not going to complain if i get to play a game early.. looking forward to the 'samurai becomes ninja' experience. :D

Rest of 2020 is also looking good:

June - TLoU2
July - GoT
Sep - Cyberpunk , Avengers
Oct - Robotics Notes
plus Yakuza 7 , Valhalla, Legend of Heroes: Cold Steel IV, Bloodlines 2 etc. whenever they release.

3 minutes ago, GeraltOfRivia said:

I am not going to complain if i get to play a game early.. looking forward to the 'samurai becomes ninja' experience. :D

Rest of 2020 is also looking good:

June - TLoU2
July - GoT
Sep - Cyberpunk , Avengers
Oct - Robotics Notes
plus Yakuza 7 , Valhalla, Legend of Heroes: Cold Steel IV, Bloodlines 2 etc. whenever they release.

That GoT trailer's visuals  (playstation japan) was more next gen than all the games that were showcased in the Xbox series x event, combined.

8 minutes ago, radicaldude said:

That GoT trailer's visuals  (playstation japan) was more next gen than all the games that were showcased in the Xbox series x event, combined.

Yeah.. not surprised though. Infamous Second Son, a game released six years ago, matches or bests the graphics of most games released in 2019. First party games get this advantage of being exclusively developed for a single piece of hardware (or 2 in case if we count Pro separately for recent ones).

3 minutes ago, hope said:

That Bluepoint game is surely ps5 launch title i think.

Demon Souls remake if rumors are to be believed, really excited if true.

2 minutes ago, GeraltOfRivia said:

Yeah.. not surprised though. Infamous Second Son, a game released six years ago, matches or bests the graphics of most games released in 2019. First party games get this advantage of being exclusively developed for a single piece of hardware (or 2 in case if we count Pro separately for recent ones).

Demon Souls remake if rumors are to be believed, really excited if true.

Meh, we are getting souls like games every 2 years, whats the point of renastering demons souls?

Should go for ICO remake, that game is screaming for one.

14 minutes ago, playstationdude said:

Meh, we are getting souls like games every 2 years, whats the point of renastering demons souls?

I am happy with either of them, maybe a bit more happy if it is Demon Souls ..lets see what it turns out to be.

Edited by GeraltOfRivia

30 minutes ago, GeraltOfRivia said:

I am happy with either of them, maybe a bit more happy if it is Demon Souls ..lets see what it turns out to be.

Ico would be a waste of time. With demons soul they have a chance to continue the series. I personally hope it's neither and something else entirely

1 hour ago, hope said:

That Bluepoint game is surely ps5 launch title i think.

1 hour ago, playstationdude said:

I hope its an ICO remake. Bluepoint did a fantastic job on SOTC.

1 hour ago, playstationdude said:

9 minutes ago, KnackChap said:

Ico would be a waste of time. With demons soul they have a chance to continue the series. I personally hope it's neither and something else entirely

MGS 1 remake

19 minutes ago, KnackChap said:

Some expect it to be The Legend of Dragoon or Metal Gear Solid 1 remake.

Silent Hill remake rumors, although shot down by Konami, are linked to Toyama, so that one is Sony Japan if true (collaboration with Bluepoint possible.. but I hope thats not the case so that we get both Silent Hill remake + a separate Bluepoint remake).

Whatever game's remake Bluepoint is working on, I just hope that it is a big fan favorite game and not something disappointing.