Ghost of Tsushima

Heaven Angel

1 hour ago, VelivolusDas said:

The livestream was playing at a horrible bitrate, I think. The video was so pixelated at various points. I started to think, downgrade incoming. Will watch the proper video again to see the difference.

Update: Watched the high-res video. No doubts about the visuals anymore. Looks simply stunning. So, so beautiful. ?

Oil pastel painting feel of the graphics makes the environment look beautiful.
Exploring would be fun if the landmarks are well designed and locations have some sense of discovery and adventure with a mix of platforming elements.

However, lack of enemy variety and combat skills could be a problem due to game's realistic setting, unless Sucker Punch is hiding some good combat stuff.
At least, they should have shown a better story related mission with some feels rather than a radiant quest about going to a random camp and killing generic enemies with dumb AI (could be difficulty related).

The game is going to look glorious in HDR. But I wonder what the checkerboard resolution is going to be. The gameplay video shows a bit of shimmering in motion and my guess is that it would be 1440p.

And one gameplay element that's a relief is not having to stop to pick up wood and collectibles. It got super annoying in Horizon. 

Edited by l33tmaniac

Looks absolutely gorgeous. The aresthetic, the atmosphere, art, the sounds, the animations. Just -chefs kiss-. The visual and sound teams have knocked it out of the park. 

I agree about the stealth section gameplay. Felt like its lacking there. Copied over AC mechanics.

Well this looks like SP had run out of ideas. Almost nothing in the video got me excited, I have already done most of these things in other games. Horse riding amidst beautiful scenery.. yeah I’ve had my fill of that in recent games, press square to assassinate a highlighted target  by jumping from the roof and then a follow up kill... very original. I know the combat will be refined and awesome since its suckerpunch. The only enticing thing about this game is the japanese setting.

Lets hope it goes uphill from here.

But I feel SP couldve done so much better. 

edit : Also calling on the wind every 10 seconds is going to get old really fast

Edited by pArth

8 hours ago, Aftrunner said:

This has got mediocrity written all over it. Reminds me a lot of that third person Victoria era werewolf shooter from early this gen.

This statement has got me really scared for this game and suckerpunch studio :rofl:

what is ready at dawn doing nowadays anyway?

Things i liked

World - Atmospheric, mysterious and Empty

Graphics - This is why i bought a 4K TV for. Looks absolutely mindboggling. Cant wait to see in action

Music - Perfectly done according to the setting

Waypoints - Wind guiding you looks interesting but lets see how it works in the long run. Birds n fox guiding you to Special locales n trees is very well done

Ghost - Like mordor kind off i think, as your reputation goes foes fear you, though needs to be seen the actual impact of this. One soldier in the demo feared jin so much that it was an easy kill.

Photo mode and Samurai Cinema - Love the windy effect in photo mode and 2nd playthrough on Cinema mode definately 

Things unsure of

Combat - Stealth looks good especially that fire cracker item but whole game you cant play like this.

They combat looked pretty basic. There were stances like Stone n water but nothing was shown about that. Combat looked slow as well.They need to make a video specifically to explain Combat. SP's strong point is Combat though so will be surprised if it doesnt work.

AI - looked like lowest setting but for reveal its fine. 

If this has a good story and slightly more challenge in combat, not hard like Sekiro but not easy like shown today as well mybe somewhere in the middle then it would do wonders for the game and this could be the next big thing for playstation.

Edited by hope

1 hour ago, hope said:

Things i liked

World - Atmospheric, mysterious and Empty

Graphics - This is why i bought a 4K TV for. Looks absolutely mindboggling. Cant wait to see in action

Music - Perfectly done according to the setting

Waypoints - Wind guiding you looks interesting but lets see how it works in the long run. Birds n fox guiding you to Special locales n trees is very well done

Ghost - Like mordor kind off i think, as your reputation goes foes fear you, though needs to be seen the actual impact of this. One soldier in the demo feared jin so much that it was an easy kill.

Photo mode and Samurai Cinema - Love the windy effect in photo mode and 2nd playthrough on Cinema mode definately 

Things unsure of

Combat - Stealth looks good especially that fire cracker item but whole game you cant play like this.

They combat looked pretty basic. There were stances like Stone n water but nothing was shown about that. Combat looked slow as well.They need to make a video specifically to explain Combat. SP's strong point is Combat though so will be surprised if it doesnt work.

AI - looked like lowest setting but for reveal its fine. 

If this has a good story and slightly more challenge in combat, not hard like Sekiro but not easy like shown today as well mybe somewhere in the middle then it would do wonders for the game and this could be the next big thing for playstation.

real combat will be you pressing dodge button like a mad man to get behind dudes like in the new AC games.

100% they went for "slow" combat to emphasize le cool samurai aesthetics like one shotting guys

Maybe the base story is the part to look forward to; with the graphics ofcourse.

The game is indeed inspired by Acreed but cant be deemed as an acreed clone for sure!

PS:- summoning the wind is just a mechanic which has been incorporated for those people who dont care about the open world and just want to play the main story, IMHO.