Ghost of Tsushima

Heaven Angel

58 minutes ago, PhantomShade said:

This has leveling of some kind thought for "progression" purposes, like you have "techniques" that you can learn.

However there won't be any AC style grind-to-play-next-campaign-mission.

I recently came to know that they force grind in the nuAC games to sell you "level up packs" on uplay store :rofl:

AC Egypt and Greece were straight up money grabs. Want to do the next quest in the story? Grind 3-5 levels. Which means completing as many ?s as possible which was the same 4 things you did again and again, or buy levels for just $9.99 lol

As far as this game is concerned, I don't know yet. Yes, there are collectibles and skills. But if they do it like Sekiro, then those skills are only useful if you use them properly, but can still bring down enemues without it, with just parries and dodges.

Game looks great visually, but overall looks  to be another random game that we haven't played before. Except the setting no new novelty, even the character looks mediocre. Will buy it near holiday season at 50% discount maybe. 

Edited by AtheK
  • Like 1

SP on Combat

We have this phrase that we use to describe the combat in the game: Mud, Blood and Steel.
We wanted it to feel really really grounded and lethally precise. If you've ever seen a samurai movie you know what it's like. These men cut each other down with a single stroke of their sword and to capture that samurai movie, fight is very different than a lot of other games because it means you can die very quickly and your enemies can too. And that took us a while to get right but we are very pleased with the results and we think it shows up well on the screen.

Full podcast here

https://m.soundcloud.com/playstation/episode-365-host-of-tsushima

State of play worked i think :P

ujh0jo1pyzy41.jpg

Edited by hope

1 hour ago, Heaven Angel said:

The ratings of TLOU2 got differed due to the controversies. Otherwise this game would've always been at the first place till release. 

Its back to first place. Chuchima had its 15 mins of fame thanks to State of Play.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, CarbonCore said:

Its back to first place. Chuchima had its 15 mins of fame thanks to State of Play.

I just hope Chuchima doesnt get crushed by tlou hype.

Chuchima needs good reviews. 

13 hours ago, hope said:

SP on Combat

We have this phrase that we use to describe the combat in the game: Mud, Blood and Steel.
We wanted it to feel really really grounded and lethally precise. If you've ever seen a samurai movie you know what it's like. These men cut each other down with a single stroke of their sword and to capture that samurai movie, fight is very different than a lot of other games because it means you can die very quickly and your enemies can too. And that took us a while to get right but we are very pleased with the results and we think it shows up well on the screen.

Full podcast here

https://m.soundcloud.com/playstation/episode-365-host-of-tsushima

State of play worked i think :P

ujh0jo1pyzy41.jpg

I my opinion, Amazon's BSR is not a great metric to decide the success of a game. Some quick points to note:

• BSR calculation more heavily weights recent sales, however, historical sales still hold weight in the calculation
  • A product with a rank of #1 means it has recently sold more than any other product in that category. So, if the sale of whole category is low (in case of no new releases) then a few orders can make a game jump to number 1

Anyone interested to know more about it can read here: https://blog.viral-launch.com/amazon-tips/amazon-best-sellers-rank-bsr-guide/

On 5/15/2020 at 1:08 PM, adity said:

Because AC games generally suck and AC origins is the worst game I have played this gen. Black flag was the last good AC game and the AC part was the worst part of the game. 

I should have read this earlier. Bought it with season pass and DAMN the game sucks. Stupid progression system kills the fun. You have to do WAAAAAAAAAYY many side quests make you literary forget the main story. You cannot kill a guy higher than you, where he can kill you with two strikes. But you cannot kill a guy lower than you with two strikes. THE GAME SUCKS!

Ghost of Tsushima: Your Questions Answered

https://blog.playstation.com/2020/05/29/ghost-of-tsushima-your-questions-answered/

Will there be a day/night cycle and dynamic weather?

Jason: Yes to both. There are dynamic weather conditions that you will experience throughout your adventures in Tsushima. Some of them are tied to specific regions to give more flavor and personality to them, while others are tied to story moments. Along with weather, we also have a full day and night cycle.

Can't wait to see this. The day/night cycle and dynamic weather in Days Gone was awesome!

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/1/2020 at 2:53 PM, hope said:

Tshushima Special Edition looks really nice. Gonna get the Special Edition for this

https://blog.us.playstation.com/2020/03/05/ghost-of-tsushima-out-june-26-collectors-digital-deluxe-editions-detailed/

Is the Special Edition available for pre-order in India? That steelbook is noice. I saw it on prepaidgamercard when I searched for it but ive been hesitant on placing the order since they're the only ones who have it listed and I've never bought from them. 

19 hours ago, CtrlAltDev93 said:

Is the Special Edition available for pre-order in India? That steelbook is noice. I saw it on prepaidgamercard when I searched for it but ive been hesitant on placing the order since they're the only ones who have it listed and I've never bought from them. 

Dont think any other edition is listed apart from  standard one yet