Ghost of Tsushima

Heaven Angel

3 minutes ago, Big Boss said:

Try taking your horse near a water body of ankle depth and it goes crazy. It just doesn't go forward, keeps running in place or jumps like a kangaroo. It's hilarious. :lol:

I ran over rivers on the horse just fine though. Took the horse to the top of a waterfall and dismounted in the middle as well (While chasing a fox). No problems at all.

Edited by roun90

I will upload video of that hilarious interaction. Also try climbing a house with tight slope, our dude crawls like Spider-man.

NPCs are most hilarious. They will keep cutting wood or hitting hammers on nails etc even if you stand between them. No reaction at all. They should have taken 2-3 more months to polish this game. Looks like PS5 launch made them rush it. It lacks a lot of polish but still looks great. Imagine after a few patches it will be perfect.

Keep saving to avoid game progression bugs, trophy guide already has warning.

Also combat is just superb. Shits all over Assassin's creed games. And the skill tree seems quite interesting. The medium difficulty level is perfect too, just the right amount of challenge. I keep playing the game just for combat alone.

4 hours ago, Ichigo Uzumaki said:

Got the pre order bonus code in the mail

where did you buy it from?

I preordered the special edition from gameloot, but the chat bot guy told me yesterday that "no update on preorder bonuses"

I hope they email it upon delivery or something, the entire preorder bonus thing for sony is always so screwed up for some reasons

10 hours ago, CarbonCore said:

I put it on external SSD and fast travel is about 3-4 seconds. 

Would you recommend using SSD over regular portable HDD for external storage with the PS4?

I would get one, if they is an improvement in load times for games. 

Any particular one that works well with the PS4?

2 hours ago, ayush12ice said:

Would you recommend using SSD over regular portable HDD for external storage with the PS4?

I would get one, if they is an improvement in load times for games. 

Any particular one that works well with the PS4?

I just have a small 256GB one pulled from an old laptop. It depends on the game, like with Destiny 2 or Jedi FO its a huge improvement. But for others its not a big deal. You can get any cheapo SSD, no need to go get fancy ones since PS4 IO is not that fast to begin with.

Hey guys, can someone tell me what’s is the difference between 

3840x2160 (YUV420)

3840x2160 (RGB)

I have been using “Automatic”

setting in PS4 Video Output setting. 

which one is better and why? Is there any noticeable changes between them?

Of all the games out there, this isn't a game where you should even think about load times. Fast travel to nearby areas takes 1-2 seconds, furthest forward takes 20 seconds. Respawning after death takes 5 seconds max. DF were amazed with the load times. SSD will not make much difference imo. This game design is quite good.

3 hours ago, fatpigeon said:

where did you buy it from?

I preordered the special edition from gameloot, but the chat bot guy told me yesterday that "no update on preorder bonuses"

I hope they email it upon delivery or something, the entire preorder bonus thing for sony is always so screwed up for some reasons

Games the shop

1 hour ago, GameAnalyzer said:

Hey guys, can someone tell me what’s is the difference between 

3840x2160 (YUV420)

3840x2160 (RGB)

I have been using “Automatic”

setting in PS4 Video Output setting. 

which one is better and why? Is there any noticeable changes between them?

Use YUV420. RBG requires more bandwidth while allowing only 8 bit color depth. YUV420 is 4K 10 bit HDR signal. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Assassins Creed said:

DF tech review is all about, "Its good, BUT" they don't seem to impressed after seeing LOU2 tech except the Photo mode..

2 minutes ago, adity said:

Comparing with TLOU 2 is kinda unfair considering its the best looking game imo. Sucker Punch games have always been about fun unique gameplay. I feel GoT is much larger in scope than any of their previous games. 

Yup, it's unfair. Not to mention TLOU2 is not an open world game. They have a set area where you play, then you move on to a completely new area. This allows far more flexibility in navigating a certain area, AI, graphics and tons of other aspects, because at a certain point in time, only 1 area is loaded. Having a seamless open map with exploration + 0 loading - I don't think even ND will be able to replicate what they did with TLOU 2. If they had to make TLOU 2 with the map of GOT, game will crash or be in single digit FPS, if it even loads at all.

Comparing TLOU 2 to GOT is like comparing apples to oranges. They are completely different. But as of now, from all the open worlds I've seen GOT is the best technical-wise.

3 minutes ago, adity said:

Barring RDR 2 which had the best looking and the most interesting open world I've seen, I can totally see this being at the top of the game. 

Yup, RDR 2 was definitely the best looking game. But personally, I found RDR2 to be tedious. They went for far too much realism in game mechanics. Frankly, gameplay-wise I prefer GOT over RDR2 actually.

7 minutes ago, playstationdude said:

Also in terms of locales, I found TLOU2 had very similar environment design throughout. This games seems to have much more environmental variations.

They have done it on purpose, for prettiness purposes.

I mean TLOU2 may have the most realistic graphics, but this looks "prettier" because of the color contrast, like nice red, orange, yellow leaves plants and trees, certain shrines etc, it's basically like a painting or mural imo.

They have prioritized aesthetic in this game, not necessarily the besto graphics or smoothest animations

Anyone playing on base ps4? What is your TV settings? I cant get this to look right. HDR is way too bright i think.

Combat is top tier. 3 hits, you either kill in 3 hits or you can die in 3 hits. Havent got the parry right yet.

Love the healing. Its super fast and doesnt break action at all. Got the bow but i wont be using bow here too much i think.

Cutscenes are too short. Tlou2 has spoiled me i guess:P

Story wise it isnt super good but it isnt too bad either. I kinda dig the whole stakes here. 

Music is absolutely majestic:majesty: