Ghost of Tsushima

Heaven Angel

Done with the game. Tsushima liberated fully, all side quests done, mythic tales done. 
I've already talked about how good the game is. Best thing is how well the progression is handled without the need for levels. Like as you go further into the game, enemies start getting better weapons and armor, new enemy types, existing enemies start using more combos and their attacks get harder to read. 
Easily the best open world of this gen simply because of how pretty and zen it is. You are not chasing question marks like a madman. A golden bird could nudge in some direction and you could choose to just not follow it. If you do follow it, you could get anything, a shrine, a hot water spring, mythical tale, quests. 
But tbh the very best part of the game is the combat and the sheer variety of possible builds. I just want a gauntlet mode type where I can just kill mongols all day. Really stoked for the MP update. 
Solid 9/10 not 10/10 because it still fell into the open world trappings of tailing missions, track footsteps, etc and while the story was good, it wasn't mind blowing or anything. 
100% agreed. Although I am just 12 hrs in so I won't give a verdict but easily one of the best open world games of this generation. Doesn't have the polish of RDR2 or Horizon but the art style and combat more than makes up for it.

3 hours ago, SuperT said:
3 hours ago, adity said:
Done with the game. Tsushima liberated fully, all side quests done, mythic tales done. 
I've already talked about how good the game is. Best thing is how well the progression is handled without the need for levels. Like as you go further into the game, enemies start getting better weapons and armor, new enemy types, existing enemies start using more combos and their attacks get harder to read. 
Easily the best open world of this gen simply because of how pretty and zen it is. You are not chasing question marks like a madman. A golden bird could nudge in some direction and you could choose to just not follow it. If you do follow it, you could get anything, a shrine, a hot water spring, mythical tale, quests. 
But tbh the very best part of the game is the combat and the sheer variety of possible builds. I just want a gauntlet mode type where I can just kill mongols all day. Really stoked for the MP update. 
Solid 9/10 not 10/10 because it still fell into the open world trappings of tailing missions, track footsteps, etc and while the story was good, it wasn't mind blowing or anything. 

100% agreed. Although I am just 12 hrs in so I won't give a verdict but easily one of the best open world games of this generation. Doesn't have the polish of RDR2 or Horizon but the art style and combat more than makes up for it.

Out of curiosity. What polish you are talking about here regarding open world in HZD while comparing it with RDR2? ? 

37 minutes ago, GameAnalyzer said:

Out of curiosity. What polish you are talking about here regarding open world in HZD while comparing it with RDR2? ? 

Not comparing HZD and RDR2, neither am I talking about the polish of the open world. In fact what I was getting at was the lack of polish in GoT in terms of certain sequences of grappling or fight sequences which are indoors - many times the environmental objects block the camera or the enemy. Also, many cut scenes have issues of texturing/lip sync etc. I didn't experience any of these issues in RDR2 or HZD.

4 hours ago, adity said:

So better than RDR2?

2 hours ago, adity said:

Talking purely about the design, yes. Red dead open world was beautiful and the stories in it were amazing but the design was still janky as hell. You were still glued to the tiny mini map most of the time, fast travel was a pain and GoT just handles those things a lot better. Besides, even though Got isn't photoreal, the world is prettier than any game I've played. 

Arthur's story though will stay with me a lot longer than Jin's. 

Yes same opinion. I was questioned by many when I said this is best open world game after Zelda, but glad that many others agree as well. Also now many are changing opinion that this game overall is better than TLOU2.

It is indeed better than TLOU 2. Very similar in its approach with Botw as well to the point sometimes I would look at a stack of smoke and want to get the binoluars thingy out to tag it but then remembered it's a different game. 
The music in GoT is also really, really good. Does a really good job with the immersion. 
I don't think it can top TLOU2, that game was another level maybe it's unfair to compare the two specially with TLOU2 being more linear.

However, I feel TLOU2 knocks it out of the park in every aspect if we compare simillar aspects like graphics (hands down the best graphics this gen), gameplay (the stealth was much better in TLOU2; I won't compare combat), detailing, cut scenes, music (imo TLOU2 music and songs were amazing), I also felt TLOU2 was way more immersive and engaging from start to end. I think the only thing one can nitpick is the story, hell I thought even the story was brilliant and brought out so many emotions of the gamer.

GoT is definitely one of the best open world games this gen but I don't think it's a better game than TLOU2 overall.

Both different games so cant be compared.

I was amazed in tlou2 throughout till that last scene in every freakin department.

GOT is the most fun game i have played in the last decade. I have not completed Act2 even but i feel like resetting all cleared camps :P 

As for music,i need more in part 2 in free roam.

Edited by hope
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...