Ghost of Tsushima

Heaven Angel

32 minutes ago, WhatsInTheName said:

Charging for DLC makes sense - make it 20, or 30 or 40 - it would have been a fair call on the DLC. But, the PS5 upgrade part being chargeable is a bit shady. Was there extra development work done? Yes, but, at 6.5 million copies sold, a 10 dollar price tag comes to potential maximum earnings of 65 million USD. Surely, adding DS support and Jap lip sync (highly likely a machine learning implementation, like CyberPunk 2077) wouldnt have been that much effort.

I feel this is Sony realizing that they needn't have given the multiplayer patch for free and and trying to recover that cost.

If MP was paid the numbers would've been really dismal. Even at free it takes a while to find people. What's surprising is that there's not a single paid MTX gear, cosmetic or otherwise. If it was any other dev, the free MP would've been full of battle pass shenanigans. 

1 hour ago, WhatsInTheName said:

Was there extra development work done? Yes, but, at 6.5 million copies sold, a 10 dollar price tag comes to potential maximum earnings of 65 million USD.

You are just assuming out of thin air that maximun number of 6.5m will buy DLC & all of them will spend $10 for PS5 features specially when 60fps has already been enabled 

I don’t think post launch content works like that 

Before this generation no studio/publisher had given next gen ports for free 

But yes this gen quite a few have started this trend & all should have followed suit 

1 hour ago, CarbonCore said:

There is a free upgrade. Why are people so idiotic on twitter? :lol: 

1 hour ago, KnackChap said:

Easy to act as a all knowing expert on social media. and then ppl make fun of guys like namokar. :giggle:

Do you remember that guy?!?

I played a lot with him back in the old GI/IVG days

He is hardcore Xbox Fan from that infamous Xbox whatsapp group 

Edited by AnK

Can existing owners just buy the DLC without the idiotic "Director's Cut" upgrade? No way does haptics, Jap Lip Sync and a short video merit $30 upgrade. PS5 BC mode is fine enough. If there is no way to buy just the DLC without the "Director's Cut" mode - then it's a hard pass for me. What a pathetic sh*t-show. Didn't think I would ever say this, but Sony should have taken notes from SE (FF7 Remake) about how to do a PS5 patch and next gen DLC release.

Edited by roun90

46 minutes ago, AnK said:

You are just assuming out of thin air that maximun number of 6.5m will buy DLC & all of them will spend $10 for PS5 features specially when 60fps has already been enabled 

Of course! the only fact here is the 6.5 mln sales number. Rest all is assumption and analysis based on that. Thats why the "potential maximum".

6.5 copies sold till now on PS4 (fact), all of them upgrade to PS5 (assumption), they all buy the DLC (assumption), thereby ending up paying 10 USD extra for the upgrade. In finance, this is called "Scenario Analysis". You make a grid of all best case and worst case scenarios and evaluate. This is the best case scenario. You can cut the worst case scenario at the opposite end of this. But, what is the most likely? they make few hundred thousands on this. So, not a bad way to recover some cost of MP development which they gave for free. 

But, all I am saying is that they could have done that cost recovery by building it in the price of the DLC instead of the upgrade. Charging for DS features and jap lip sync is a bit much.

11 minutes ago, roun90 said:

Can existing owners just buy the DLC without the idiotic "Director's Cut" upgrade? No way does haptics, Jap Lip Sync and a short video merit $30 upgrade. PS5 BC mode is fine enough. If there is no way to buy just the DLC without the "Director's Cut" mode - then it's a hard pass for me. What a pathetic sh*t-show. Didn't think I would ever say this, but Sony should have taken notes from SE (FF7 Remake) about how to do a PS5 patch and next gen DLC release.

If they copied SE I wouldn't be able to play the DLC. Making your DLC next-gen only for a last gen game is the stupidest way to do things.

18 minutes ago, roun90 said:

That Japanese Lip Sync doesn't even look good 

24 minutes ago, roun90 said:

Yes you can buy the DLC separately for $20. 

2 hours ago, gamer_adi said:

lip sync n controller support for 10 bucks, ridiculous. These should have been a free patch ffs. 

Its just sad to see sony ripping its most loyal and hardcore fanbase ,they bought the f**king console in the 1st year itself atleast dont lock them behind a 10$ upgrade. 

Once they gained favors by giving great MP mode for free. 

Now they willing to rob us with just few controller updates and throws crappy DLC. 

They seems to be on high horse indeed. 

1 hour ago, AnK said:

Before this generation no studio/publisher had given next gen ports for free 

But yes this gen quite a few have started this trend & all should have followed suit 

Do you remember that guy?!?

I played a lot with him back in the old GI/IVG days

He is hardcore Xbox Fan from that infamous Xbox whatsapp group 

Ya hardcore xbox fan who has a ps5 and plays all sony games day 1. 
yup same guy 

who likes to call out all gaming BS not just sony , you cant blame him that sony is f**king up more and more .

Bc cant even give a 10$ trigger upgrade :thumbdown: and then we have people saying free upgrade hai :ko:.

Developer should be allowed to recoup their costs. Those who think the upgrade is not worth it can skip it or buy it later.

PS- some developers give out free ps5 upgrades, others dont. We can't expect every dev to follow one model. It's not that they would flip a switch and everything would be upgraded to next gen GFX. They worked on the upgrades and if they expect some money for it, I think it's fine. We can skip it if we feel it's not worth it. 

Edited by radicaldude
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, triggr happy ss said:

Ya hardcore xbox fan who has a ps5 and plays all sony games day 1. 
yup same guy 

who likes to call out all gaming BS not just sony , you cant blame him that sony is f**king up more and more .

Bc cant even give a 10$ trigger upgrade :thumbdown: and then we have people saying free upgrade hai :ko:.

His tweet is misleading 

Sony isn’t really asking to Pay all over again if you just want to play the DLC 

Lot of ppl are getting “confused” on the internet so he is not really alone 

• Like 1