Ghost of Tsushima

Heaven Angel

On 7/5/2021 at 11:23 AM, radicaldude said:

This is messed up! :( 

I love the game and it was my personal GOTY of 2020. But, It's unfair and wrong in so many ways! 

1. People who supported this game from day one (bought with full 4k mrp) now have to pay another 30$ extra for the PS5 version of their game.

2. Sony now getting away with this and people also supporting this means Sony will keep doing this for more of their games because of the rabid fanbase.

Thank you PS fans, for making apple standard in gaming industry. 

11 minutes ago, SaiKO said:

This is messed up! :( 

I love the game and it was my personal GOTY of 2020. But, It's unfair and wrong in so many ways! 

1. People who supported this game from day one (bought with full 4k mrp) now have to pay another 30$ extra for the PS5 version of their game.

2. Sony now getting away with this and people also supporting this means Sony will keep doing this for more of their games because of the rabid fanbase.

Thank you PS fans, for making apple standard in gaming industry. 

Are you telling, no one should buy GTA V in November ? :rofl: Remember one would be paying $59.99 plus another $49.99 or $59.99 all over again.. not expecting R* to give upgrade option anyway.. Sorry to pull your employer.. no offense :hypocrite:

For GOT This can also be marketing gimmick or there are truly new PS5 users buying this game.. If ppl who bought full game for  59.99 and now buying Directors cut for $69.99 then it’s definitely messed up..I think it’s it’s still OK to pay $20 for the DLC, just that pricing the PS5 upgrade isn’t fitting well.. 

1 minute ago, Assassins Creed said:

Are you telling, no one should buy GTA V in November ? :rofl: Remember one would be paying $59.99 plus another $49.99 or $59.99 all over again.. not expecting R* to give upgrade option anyway.. Sorry to pull your employer.. no offense :hypocrite:

For GOT This can also be marketing gimmick or there are truly new PS5 users buying this game.. If ppl who bought full game for  59.99 and now buying Directors cut for $69.99 then it’s definitely messed up..I think it’s it’s still OK to pay $20 for the DLC, just that pricing the PS5 upgrade isn’t fitting well.. 

Plus we have no idea how long the expansion is.

13 minutes ago, Assassins Creed said:

:D

Under NDA so nothing I can say here regarding my Employer. Suffice to say, R* is actually never unfair towards fans and their own people. And we don't want you to buy the game again. Rockstar earns more from online features rather than selling copies of the old games. So what the company decides shouldn't be anything unfair.

R* is very serious about public image, gamer's support. They don't wanna jeopardise their relationship with their fans Afaik.

But Sony is being very anticonsumer recently, it's quite visible when the competitor is trying to be more consumer friendly. When 3rd party companies are giving free upgrades for crossgen games.

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, playstationdude said:

Rockstar

You mean the same company which is about to charge for the same game for the third time without any sort of additional content 

& no sigh of an upgrade with a minimal  amount 

Hmmm quite ironic 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, AnK said:

You mean the same company which is about to charge for the same game for the third time without any sort of additional content 

& no sigh of an upgrade with a minimal  amount 

Hmmm quite ironic 

It might be a free upgrade, they haven't announced anything so far. Ps3-> ps4 wasnt a normal upgrade though. Most companies released remasters, sony did too with tlou.

18 minutes ago, playstationdude said:

It might be a free upgrade, they haven't announced anything so far. Ps3-> ps4 wasnt a normal upgrade though. Most companies released remasters, sony did too with tlou.

They have already announced that the next gen upgrade’s online component will be free to play on PS5 for limited time,which was marketed in a big way

If it was being given away as free upgrade to all current players it wouldn’t have been made into a big marketing promo 

So I doubt what you are saying will turn out to be true 

Also many other third parties are also charging “unnecessarily” for next gen ports so yeah saying that all third party is giving free upgrades & it’s just Sony who is doing wrong business is not right 

If you want to call em out & boycott this trend,do it with all 

in one thread someone told me it’s absolutely fair & Infact I’ll be saving money with what EA is doing with BF2042

in another someone told me capcom should be given free pass to do it with DMC5 for whatever weird reason 

I mean if you have problem paying again you should have it with all of them not selectively with an agenda 

Edited by AnK

50 minutes ago, SaiKO said:

:D

Under NDA so nothing I can say here regarding my Employer. Suffice to say, R* is actually never unfair towards fans and their own people. And we don't want you to buy the game again. Rockstar earns more from online features rather than selling copies of the old games. So what the company decides shouldn't be anything unfair.

R* is very serious about public image, gamer's support. They don't wanna jeopardise their relationship with their fans Afaik.

But Sony is being very anticonsumer recently, it's quite visible when the competitor is trying to be more consumer friendly. When 3rd party companies are giving free upgrades for crossgen games.

But the consumer is happy. That's the reason GoT dc was/is number one on amazon. 

As I have said before, not all third parties are giving free upgrades. Biggest example is EA and their bf2042 upgrade path. All developers dont have to follow a single path. If they think their updates are worth it, they are free to ask whatever they think is the fair price. And the consumer is preordering it already so can't say that consumer is unhappy. Rest we would know once the reviews are out. 

Ps- Maybe few are unhappy, but that's that's the case with every product. Can't cater to everyone. 

27 minutes ago, playstationdude said:

I think the next gen upgrade which is native to ps5 is not free.

The ps4 update that plays via backwards compatibility on the ps5 is obviously free. Same is the case with GoT. 

PS- some guys must have spent $120 on gta 5 ( day one purchases on the ps3 and PS4). they would still have to shell out $60 or $70 for this ps5 version. Yet no one is calling is out. 

Edited by radicaldude

26 minutes ago, radicaldude said:

But the consumer is happy. That's the reason GoT dc was/is number one on amazon. 

As I have said before, not all third parties are giving free upgrades. Biggest example is EA and their bf2042 upgrade path. All developers dont have to follow a single path. If they think their updates are worth it, they are free to ask whatever they think is the fair price. And the consumer is preordering it already so can't say that consumer is unhappy. Rest we would know once the reviews are out. 

Ps- Maybe few are unhappy, but that's that's the case with every product. Can't cater to everyone. 

EA and activision games are also very popular and earn loads of money… why do people hate them ? 

Companies which don’t give free upgrades are greedy companies…Sony should be in the same list..

5 minutes ago, hsk_colossus said:

EA and activision games are also very popular and earn loads of money… why do people hate them ? 

Companies which don’t give free upgrades are greedy companies…Sony should be in the same list..

They already have. The bc patch that improves graphical performance on the ps5 sans dualsense features. 

If someone feels paying for ds features are not worth the price, he/she can skip this update. 

• Confused 1