Ghost of Tsushima

Heaven Angel

See I agree that some upgrade like DLCs do require lots of development time and money to warrant a paid extension for the game. Like, I agree with the Death Stranding update, it has lots of addition into the game to warrant that 10 dollars extra for existing ps4 copies. Like a small DLC and such.

Ghost of Tsushima isn't the same case here. 20 Dollar for DLC is understandable. But the 10 dollar PS5 tax is abit much. Honestly, as far as my experience goes, a simple specific controller for ps5 implementation, fps unlock, testing, some tech art mandays isn't something that require an extra 10 dollars from every consumers. A big patch requires same if not more resources. And patches are suppose to be free. 

Most consumer friendly companies include the cost of making patches and some addition of the game into their existing game budget or profit revenue in hope to generate more revenue.

But not all companies works like that it seems.

Edited by SaiKO
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, hsk_colossus said:

Exactly..

10 minutes ago, dylanjosh said:

Yep. 

I hope you do realise he was being sarcastic.

Putting that dlc behind paywall would have f**ked the numbers vis-à-vis experience royally 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, AnK said:

I hope you do realise he was being sarcastic.

Putting that dlc behind paywall would have f**ked the numbers vis-à-vis experience royally 

Haha … I misread… I read as charge for dlc in place of legends…

Edited by hsk_colossus

On 7/9/2021 at 6:30 PM, SaiKO said:

:D

Under NDA so nothing I can say here regarding my Employer. Suffice to say, R* is actually never unfair towards fans and their own people. And we don't want you to buy the game again. Rockstar earns more from online features rather than selling copies of the old games. So what the company decides shouldn't be anything unfair.

R* is very serious about public image, gamer's support. They don't wanna jeopardise their relationship with their fans Afaik.

But Sony is being very anticonsumer recently, it's quite visible when the competitor is trying to be more consumer friendly. When 3rd party companies are giving free upgrades for crossgen games.

:rofl:

• Haha 4

8 minutes ago, ayush12ice said:

I bought the steelbook edition of GoT on PS4 in March. 

1. What does the Director's cut add on the PS5? 

2. Is there a way for me to upgrade to it on PS5?

It adds :-

-Dynamic 4k @ 60fps (BC version is CB 4k)

-Haptics & adaptive trigger support 

-3D Audio 

-Realtime Cutscenes (hence Japanese lip sync)

-Story Expansion on separate Island 

You can upgrade your copy to PS5 version for :-$30

if you want to keep playing in BC mode then you can get just the Story expansion for :-$20

• Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, AnK said:

It adds :-

-Dynamic 4k @ 60fps (BC version is CB 4k)

-Haptics & adaptive trigger support 

-3D Audio 

-Realtime Cutscenes (hence Japanese lip sync)

-Story Expansion on separate Island 

You can upgrade your copy to PS5 version for :-$30

if you want to keep playing in BC mode then you can get just the Story expansion for :-$20

Thanks! :)

Dayumn.. 30 bucks and I will probably still have to keep the disc in the PS5 as well. 

Also, will have to put off playing the game for another month.