Ghost of Tsushima

Heaven Angel

19 minutes ago, Channu said:

How much should I expect to pay for Director's cut on PS5 if I have a PS4 disc with me (in INR) & will it reflect only post release of the game ? Preorder show for 4999. 

Somewhere around 2.5k

If i'm buying this for the PS4 is it ok to wait till the director's cut itself becomes discounted?

Or should I buy the normal version when the next sale appears?

Nvm it seems the normal GoT has been taken off the PSstore, only Director's cut is available.

this and TLOU2 are the only two PS4 exclusives i haven't bought/played yet.

Edited by PhantomShade

4 hours ago, Channu said:

How much should I expect to pay for Director's cut on PS5 if I have a PS4 disc with me (in INR) & will it reflect only post release of the game ? Preorder show for 4999. 

You need to check this one and order - INR 1,664 and later from in Game you upgrade to PS5 edition, that can cost 800-1000 bucks..

https://store.playstation.com/en-in/product/EP9000-CUSA13323_00-GHOSTDIRECTORCUT

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, PhantomShade said:

If i'm buying this for the PS4 is it ok to wait till the director's cut itself becomes discounted?

Or should I buy the normal version when the next sale appears?

Nvm it seems the normal GoT has been taken off the PSstore, only Director's cut is available.

this and TLOU2 are the only two PS4 exclusives i haven't bought/played yet.

If you have not played the game at all - Get the PS5 Director's Cut version. The game is mind blowingly beautiful and deserves to be played in it's full glory. It's a scam if you have the PS4 version and have to pay to upgrade. It's absolutely worth it for a brand new player of the game. Doing things like what @Assassins Creed said - will ultimately cost more in the long run. Publishers routinely discount games. I've not heard of publishers ever discounting an Upgrade patch to a game. Just like you are far more likely to find a GOTY Edition of a game on sale than finding the individual DLCs on sale.

30 minutes ago, roun90 said:

If you have not played the game at all - Get the PS5 Director's Cut version. The game is mind blowingly beautiful and deserves to be played in it's full glory. It's a scam if you have the PS4 version and have to pay to upgrade. It's absolutely worth it for a brand new player of the game. Doing things like what @Assassins Creed said - will ultimately cost more in the long run. Publishers routinely discount games. I've not heard of publishers ever discounting an Upgrade patch to a game. Just like you are far more likely to find a GOTY Edition of a game on sale than finding the individual DLCs on sale.

wouldnt it be cheaper to by a 2nd hand copy, and get the upgrade than to pay 5k for the directors cut?

Just now, Snake said:

wouldnt it be cheaper to by a 2nd hand copy, and get the upgrade than to pay 5k for the directors cut?

Yup, this is ideally the best path - provided 2nd hand copy is cheap. If 2nd hand copy itself is 2.5k (or above) - then it makes no sense, because it will either be the same price as a new copy or more expensive.

4 minutes ago, roun90 said:

Yup, this is ideally the best path - provided 2nd hand copy is cheap. If 2nd hand copy itself is 2.5k (or above) - then it makes no sense, because it will either be the same price as a new copy or more expensive.

I bought my copy of GoT for 1.7k few months back. It can easily be obtained for that price (or even slightly less).