Ghost of Tsushima

Heaven Angel

I may have done something stupid with this. I had the PS4 version on my account so bought the director's cut upgrade for 1.6K but did it from my pro. Will I get free upgrade to PS5 director's cut?

11 minutes ago, b!T said:

I may have done something stupid with this. I had the PS4 version on my account so bought the director's cut upgrade for 1.6K but did it from my pro. Will I get free upgrade to PS5 director's cut?

If you don't have a PS5, try to check on Sony's website the version it shows you have purchased. If it's the PS4 one and not the PS5 version, then you'll need to get the latter separately.

Upgrade path info:

If you own the original PS4 game, you can upgrade to Ghost of Tsushima Director's Cut PS4 for $20. Alternatively, you can upgrade to Ghost of Tsushima Director's Cut PS5 for $30. If you choose to purchase Ghost of Tsushima Director's Cut PS4, you can later upgrade to Ghost of Tsushima Director's Cut PS5 for $10.

Edited by Ethan_Hunt

Not really,

He has purchased the PS4 version of the DLC essentially.

He’ll just have to pay for the upgrade now if he wishes to switch on PS5. 

It will come out to be the same price he would have paid for the PS5 upgrade.

11 minutes ago, b!T said:

Nah thats paid. PS4 DC TO PS5 DC Is 10$

PS4 to PS4 DC is 20

PS4 to PS5 DC is 30

• Like 1

Just now, AnK said:

Not really,

It will come out to be the same price he would have paid for the PS5 upgrade.

Yeah that's what I meant. I mean he said free upgrade, which isn't available as far as I know. He'll need to use the Director's cut upgrade path for PS4 to PS5. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Ethan_Hunt said:

If you don't have a PS5, try to check on Sony's website the version it shows you have purchased. If it's the PS4 one and not the PS5 version, then you'll need to get the latter separately.

Upgrade path info:

If you own the original PS4 game, you can upgrade to Ghost of Tsushima Director's Cut PS4 for $20. Alternatively, you can upgrade to Ghost of Tsushima Director's Cut PS5 for $30. If you choose to purchase Ghost of Tsushima Director's Cut PS4, you can later upgrade to Ghost of Tsushima Director's Cut PS5 for $10.

I do have a PS5 and i think needs to pay 800 more.

18 minutes ago, AnK said:

Not really,

It will come out to be the same price he would have paid for the PS5 upgrade.:

17 minutes ago, rushab oswal said:

Nah thats paid. PS4 DC TO PS5 DC Is 10$

PS4 to PS4 DC is 20

PS4 to PS5 DC is 30

16 minutes ago, Ethan_Hunt said:

Yeah that's what I meant. I mean he said free upgrade, which isn't available as far as I know. He'll need to use the Director's cut upgrade path for PS4 to PS5. 

Thanks dudes. So I have to shell out ~800 more to get PS5 DC. 

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Been sitting on this for long, and began it recently. This game looks so amazing, I've been staring at it all the time... Especially like that touch when the leaves get blown up when a person walks...

Story wise it seems decent, I'm still in ACT 1 though. Hoping for a big payoff at the end.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Finished the base game and just started the Iki Island expansion. 

Had not heard much of the story so wasn't expecting something great, but damn, it hits like a freight train of feels on so many occasions. Some super brutal kills and that ending, I see why people are excited for the movie adaptation. Loved the side missions too, especially Archer Granpa and that Lady Masako's story. 

Loved the combat, from stand-off to the stances, perfect parry is so so satisfying.

Also, if this is what Insomniac and Sony's Ice tools can squeeze out of the PS4, I can't imagine how pretty a sequel would look if made only for the PS5.

Edited by gecko89
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, gecko89 said:

Had not heard much of the story so wasn't expecting something great, but damn, it hits like a freight train of feels on so many occasions. Some super brutal kills and that ending, I see why people are excited for the movie adaptation. Loved the side missions too, especially Archer Granpa and that Lady Masako's story. 

Loved the combat, from stand-off to the stances, perfect parry is so so satisfying.

Also, if this is what Insomniac and Sony's Ice tools can squeeze out of the PS4, I can't imagine how pretty a sequel would look if made only for the PS5.

Did you do Jin's Nanny's quest? That hit right in the feels. The most emotional quest in the entire game. One of the absolute best.

Also, the Drunk merchant's quest chain was hilarious - both in main game and Iki Island.

Also, don't forget to try the Legends Mode. That is awesome with it's own story!!

• Like 2

12 hours ago, gecko89 said:

4 hours ago, roun90 said:

Did you do Jin's Nanny's quest? That hit right in the feels. The most emotional quest in the entire game. One of the absolute best.

Also, the Drunk merchant's quest chain was hilarious - both in main game and Iki Island.

Also, don't forget to try the Legends Mode. That is awesome with it's own story!!

Not to mention one of the endings ????

especially with the ending track

• Like 1

On 8/21/2022 at 10:09 AM, roun90 said:

Yes, had completed all side missions before the last mission.

Spoiler

Definitely, one of the most emotional ones if not the most, in game. So much character development with only 3 side quests, also she's the only one who passes away peacefully, reliving the best of her memories with Jin's dad. 

On 8/21/2022 at 2:34 PM, Snake said:

Not to mention one of the endings 

especially with the ending track

Ending track reminded me of MGS3 a bit, but so well done. 

Spoiler

I assume you're talking about killing Shimura. I went with sparing him, Jin's 'Honor died at the beach'  statement and what Isakawa says in his final tale made me spare him. Jin had given up the Samurai Honor way, and going back in his last step made his earlier decisions less meaningful imo. But I love how no decision is truly bad or truly good, it all falls under grey area and loved that about the story. 

Edited by gecko89

On 8/21/2022 at 2:29 AM, gecko89 said:

I am having a weird issue. I finished the game long back on my ps4 and now downloaded the directors cut from ps plus on the ps5. I uploaded the ps4 saves and loaded the game. It shows that the main story has been completed but still the Iki island dlc is not showing up in the journal. Is there any way to unlock the dlc ?

1 hour ago, SuperT said:

I am having a weird issue. I finished the game long back on my ps4 and now downloaded the directors cut from ps plus on the ps5. I uploaded the ps4 saves and loaded the game. It shows that the main story has been completed but still the Iki island dlc is not showing up in the journal. Is there any way to unlock the dlc ?

So checked on Reddit and a lot of people face this issue. Apparently, the work around is the following as per a Reddit user, will try it tonight after work - 'Fast travel to Akashima village, and talk to the guy in front of you. he won't have a symbol or anything noticeable about him. But talk to him and the new island quest chain begins'